Renaults in service - includes Training Buses

Started by Snorzac, May 22, 2011, 11:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 08, 2013, 06:08:47 PM
861 has been in the same spot for quite some time now. Can't recall what exactly was on the desto, but it was the same one for the whole time it's been parked there.

The training buses still get a fair bit of use for training purposes even though they no longer need to be outposted to TISC at Sutton Rd. The pre-licensing training which used to be performed by TISC is now done 'in-house' by ACTION.

(This is the training needed to bring an applicant up to standard so that they can be issued with a medium rigid licence,complete with an ACT 'O' (Omnibus) endorsement....pre-requisites for commencing the formal one month ACTION training course.)

Barry Drive

The training buses have been updated in recent days with 878 (B) and 879 (T) now doing the honours. 781 and 861 are assumed to have been withdrawn and stored respectively.

Barry Drive

858 has joined 878 at B depot as a training bus. Quite likely that T depot also has a new training bus and that 878 & 879 will soon be put back into service.

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on March 31, 2013, 04:24:58 PM
781 and 861 are assumed to have been withdrawn and stored respectively.
In case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere: 861 is being stripped for parts at T depot.

Bus 400

Bus 860 is the new Tuggeranong trainer.

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on June 28, 2013, 11:22:04 AM
878...will soon be put back into service.

Bus 878 has made a return to Woden Depot.

Bus 400

Make of it what you want, but Bus 873 has lost its desto box while sitting in Woden Depot.

Barry Drive

^ Lost. How? And what?

Am I correct to assume the front desto display has been removed but the glass is still in place? Or are you referring to the side box?

Somehow, I don't see the stored Renaults at Woden making a come back. Especially since they will need to install the NXTBUS equipment to them first. They may as well remove the bike racks (and all other equipment) and put them up for sale now.

smitho

Heading past Woden Depot this morning, I got the impression that the area had been cleared of some buses in recent days...certainly didn't look anywhere near as chock-a-block as it used to.

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on January 28, 2014, 02:02:46 PM
Am I correct to assume the front desto display has been removed but the glass is still in place? Or are you referring to the side box?

The glass appeared to be there, but the thing nobody looks at was gonesky.

Barry Drive

Not sure if this spells the end for 858, but 878 appears to have resumed duties as B depot training bus.

smitho

What appeared (at a distance) to be BUS 883 was being used at Tuggeranong Depot for training purposes yesterday.

BUS 860 is in regular daily use on revenue runs, especially in the morning peak.

smitho

Saw 860 doing a northbound route 61 this morning.

smitho

860 was being stripped of advertising vinyl this evening.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 30, 2014, 08:49:04 PM
Not sure if this spells the end for 858, but 878 appears to have resumed duties as B depot training bus.
In the past week, 878 has definitely been used for training. 858 also being used, but it recently had its bike rack removed - not sure if that means anything other than there being a lack of new bike racks.

smitho

Good to see 852 still chugging around town regularly like an aged but loyal trooper.

It must be some kind of mascot for the Belco Workshops.

volvo

Quote from: smitho on November 04, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
Good to see 852 still chugging around town regularly like an aged but loyal trooper.

It is nice to see it around still, I wonder how much longer they'll keep it in service for?
I've never actually been on it to be honest, what sort of condition is it in on the interior?

King of Buses

I've noticed over the past few days that 860 has disappeared from T Depot, and two other (intact) MKI's have appeared where the darts usually park (I think one is 855). They from what I see have all their equipment still (but then again, Im usually going past o Athllon Dr in a STAG). Actually, I haven't seen a Dart parked at T Depot since last week...I've seen them out, but not at the Depot...

Barry Drive

Are you sure they're Mk1 s? One could possibly be 857 which was last seen at Woden, but can't rule out 855 (as I can't recall seeing it in regular service recently).

Also explains why 878 appears to have resumed normal route service. (860 at last report was being stripped for parts at T depot.)

King of Buses

MkI's? Blue over orange livery? Yeah...

And they had the annoyingly placed BCC ads too...so I don't think that'd included 857.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on February 11, 2015, 04:29:02 PM
And they had the annoyingly placed BCC ads too
You didn't think to mention that earlier?

The two new buses at Tuggeranong are 855 and 856. Based on their parking location, they will be trainers and/or spare buses.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 12, 2015, 11:35:33 AM
You didn't think to mention that earlier?

I couldn't see through people standing in a STAG...all I could see in the few centimetres between people was a couple of MKI's.

King of Buses

From a glance (once again through a heap of people on 468), 855 may not have My Way still installed. It was sitting where 860 used to at the Bricks and, while intact, didn't appear to have a front reader (Im not sure about the back on or the drivers console. 856 was also in the group of buses awaiting the workshops too.

Busfanatic101

HAHA. only a few weeks after having the ad replaced

King of Buses

855 wasn't at T Depot this morning.

856 was doing a 318 on a STAG shift (hence it was packed)...no My Way, not even sure if it had its side rollers (it had the front desto rollers though)...

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

866 most likely to be next withdrawal. Still in service this week, but doubt it will be much longer.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on March 12, 2015, 08:24:34 PM
866 most likely to be next withdrawal. Still in service this week, but doubt it will be much longer.

Was still going strong last week when I got it on a route 2.

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 05, 2015, 09:16:38 PM
853 still in service as of this afternoon

Was doing a 314 this evening too.

Haven't seen 852 for ages...is it still in service?

Barry Drive

Latest rumour is that 128 has been resuscitated as a Training bus, located at Belconnen.

See how long before it does revenue service.

Barry Drive

Bus 126 has been sighted parked on "the screen" at Tuggeranong Depot alongside 856. Since this is generally where training (only) buses reside, it is likely that it is now solely being used for training.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 06, 2015, 12:59:48 PM
Bus 126 has been sighted parked on "the screen" at Tuggeranong Depot alongside 856. Since this is generally where training (only) buses reside, it is likely that it is now solely being used for training.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

Have not seen 126 in service for a long time. Not sure where 855 has gone either. A few MKII PR2's have been down there too lately but not for too long, they always disappear within a few hours. Not sure if there would be a link...

Buzz Killington

Bus 503

Using my memory, 126 was in service on Tuesday although there is a chance it was 125.

King of Buses

855 is back at Belconnen. Possibly as a parts bus based off where it is parked (I.e. Where the parts bus of Belco goes...)

Bus 503

856 was out today - sighted it near the construction works at Majura Parkway.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 22, 2015, 05:28:52 PM
856 was out today - sighted it near the construction works at Majura Parkway.

In service?

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on April 22, 2015, 08:38:36 PM
In service?

Not sure as I was behind it until it turned off towards Fyshwick although the Number Plate was still BUS 856.

Bus 503

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 03, 2015, 10:20:20 AM
Latest rumour is that 128 has been resuscitated as a Training bus, located at Belconnen.

See how long before it does revenue service.

Nextthere has reported that 128 was in service today.

The Love Guru

115 was also sighted in service this morning.

King of Buses

853 was at Tuggeranong Bus Station this morning. Departed around 0825 on a 300 displaying 'Belconnen Express' on the desto.

Quote from: The Love Guru on April 29, 2015, 09:53:20 PM

::)

Bus 503

Quote from: The Love Guru on April 29, 2015, 09:53:20 PM

Unless I missed something, why does 115 matter about being in service?

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 30, 2015, 08:52:49 PM

Ignore him...The Love Guru is just stirring the pot... (more like shaking it violently)

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 30, 2015, 08:52:49 PM
I was just pointing out a useless fact like you were about 128. 128 has been in service everyday for the past week and a bit so i don't see why you needed to tell us about it.

Remember that old news isn't news at all.

Barry Drive

Reports that the Belconnen "part-time" trainers, 853 and 128, have been calling Tuggeranong Depot home this week. Too soon to draw definite conclusions.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 27, 2015, 12:15:45 PM
Reports that the Belconnen "part-time" trainers, 853 and 128, have been calling Tuggeranong Depot home this week. Too soon to draw definite conclusions.

128 was doing a Blue Rapid service yesterday PM peak (with the 'training bus' sticker on :p).

I got 853 this morning on a 318 from Lanyon to Belconnen too (it was a Belconnen shift). I must say, it runs much smoother than most Mk2 buses and certainly has far less rattles even when it goes over large bumps etc.

856 seems to be disappear most mornings from Tuggers too. 126 has gone a couple of times from T too. Not sure if it was for route service or Training duties though.

Barry Drive

With 574 in service last week, there are likely to be a few more Mk2 withdrawals from Tuggeranong soon.

872 is most likely the next withdrawal, so any sightings of 870-series and 881-883 in service would be appreciated.

(Having said that, I've seen 881 882 & 876? in the last week.)

King of Buses

I've seen 875, 876, 878, 881, 883, 886, 887 this week from the 87# and 88# series...

I got to go on 877 too. Haven't seen 872 though (perhaps I saw it earlier in the week). I managed to get some photos of the older ones too. Which was nice :D

Bus 503

2 questions:

Will buses retro fitted with the new Hanover Display equipment be in service longer than buses not fitted? As far as I know, no buses with Hanover equipment have been withdrawn yet.

And, has 853 been out this week? Haven't spotted it on NEXTTHERE yet or on the road.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on July 04, 2015, 03:37:35 PM
I've seen 875, 876, 878, 881, 883, 886, 887 this week from the 87# and 88# series...

I got to go on 877 too. Haven't seen 872 though (perhaps I saw it earlier in the week). I managed to get some photos of the older ones too. Which was nice :D

The number of times I saw 872 this week was probably more times than the total number of times I had seen it before in my whole life. So yes, 872 was out lots too.

Barry Drive

Answers:
1. Don't know. No reason why they wouldn't be withdrawn. Fairly easy to remove equipment.

2. Since it is not a Tuggeranong Mk2, yes. 853 is likely to remain in service until Belconnen starts getting new buses in a few months time.