Enviro 500 in Canberra - May

Started by Sir Pompously, April 03, 2008, 05:22:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

Looks as though the Enviro 500 Double Decker will be laying over in Canberra from 1 May to 2 May. Information comes from a list of days posted on ATDB:

Quote from: MAN 18.310Following info is copied from kitkat271's post on page 2 of this thread.
As BusPicsQLD said, we need to know where it is being kept and what Operators if any will be trialling it while in Brisbane. If you don't have the definate locations, dont bother posting as we dont want assumptions or to be running around Brisbane going to false locations.

April 2-4 - Brisbane
April 9-11 - QBIC Yeppoon
April 14-16 - Brisbane
April 18-21 - BCA Coffs Harbour
April 23-29 - Sydney
May 1-2 - Canberra
May 5-8 - Melbourne

http://www.busaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=29803&start=50

Irisbus Rider

Busnerd

Good god!

god damn it im working both days!

Irisbus Rider

It (Alexander Dennis Enviro 500) will be popping into Canberra on Tuesday and Wednesday, more info as it comes to hand.....

Bus 400

So those first dates must be wrong.

Busnerd

The visit will probably be pushed back if what I heard is correct, that it might be going to STA for another couple of days..So if it is visiting ACTION i'm sure Chris Guru might have heard about it?

Its nothing special and don't plan for a ride on it as they're tightasses about that.

Irisbus Rider

I doubt there are more than 8 gunzels that'd want to ride it in Canberra anyway, and Chris Guru knows nothing more than what he has read on the board.

And are you kidding? This is momentus, it's the first new decker in Australia for over 40 years! I wouldn't mind at least a photo of it.....

But this is strange, "Andy Lee" reported it to come on Tuesday and Wednesday, which is the 29th and 30th of April, and they are the most recent reports, but the original reports put it to come here on the 1st and 2nd of May? If it is coming later than the original reports, why are the most recent reports sooner than originally reported?!

Busnerd

Not sure, I think it leaves town today

Irisbus Rider

Yeah, that makes sense then, it'll be in town tomorrow! Yay!

Thanks for the info too Busnerd! ;D

Irisbus Rider

Well, I got nothing. I didn't even see, or hear about it! Maybe it didn't swing by ACTION after all.....

Bus 400

Maybe it just went down Federal Highway & back up Barton Highway, thus visiting Canberra.

Buzz Killington

what would the point of driving 3 hours down the highway to canberra only to turn around just before the city?

Jack Bauer

yeah, that's not really a logical explanation  hehe

Buzz Killington

edited your post to avoid embarrassment bauer.

Jack Bauer

Barry Drive

The Enviro 500 did make a short stop-over in Canberra. Here's a photo from my phone outside the workshops at Belconnen Depot (taken on 30 April 2008)

Note: Attachments are Removed once they are 60 days old due to Automatic Maintenance.

Irisbus Rider

Wow, so it did pop by! Niiiiiice.

Fantastic, thanks for getting the photo! It looks great, yeah.

Top job Martin!

Buzz Killington

guessing it wasnt brought in through the cohen street entrance :p

Bus 400

Well it would of had some trouble since the Scania's can;t get in through there. Probaly went in through the south entrance.

Buzz Killington

you seem to have missed the fact that my post was completely tongue-in-cheek.