377 now in AOA

Started by Snorzac, April 19, 2009, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Just sighted 377 in AOA for the Belconnen Redevelopment, I'm going to go chasing it. It's a greeny blue.

Snorzac

belcodriver

Bus 400

I reckon you should see if you can trick the ATDB members.

Busnerd

um, it is real...I contacted someone at action earlier. they can confirm

Rob

As a bus driver from the tuggy depot, i can confirm that action have come up with the idea of running a campaign to promote belconnen redevelopment

Bus 400

It is a good idea having an AOA on a MAN bus. But I thought that they couldn't alter anything on the MAN's until their warranty ran out?

Busnerd

Quote from: TP 3000 on April 19, 2009, 10:44:52 PM
It is a good idea having an AOA on a MAN bus. But I thought that they couldn't alter anything on the MAN's until their warranty ran out?

Well they said that about the irises and the mans, but they never got AOA's either...although they did get ad's.

I have found out that putting ad's on doesnt void the warranty. Take STA for example, their new buses usually get ads after a month in service. So this shouldnt be any different.

Bus 400

Agree with you there, as the paint job doesn't really have anything to do with how the bus works. I would love to know 377 was picked for the AOA?

Busnerd

Its just random I guess...it was probably just available, as in it was in the depot when they came in to put the ads on...sometimes thats how it works. As long as the bus has a barcode on the back it can get ads.

Snorzac

Probably off the road for maintanince, spare bus =AOA. I assume that is why 758 got it's AOA

Bus 400

I can see why the ACT Government have placed the ad on the bus-The Greens & Liberals bitch & moan about Government advertising & by advertising ACTION updates on ACTION Buses, there should be less bitching & moaning.

Irisbus Rider

Saw 377 yesterday, looks great! Couldn't get a pic though >:(

Bus 400

ACTION can't of liked the AOA as it has already been ripped off. As I saw 377 on Athllon Dr this afternoon in normal livery.

Sir Pompously

WHAT! Wow, that was fast...

I would guess that would have something to do with the union, they probably complained about it like it somehow blocked or distracted the drivers view or something who knows!

Irisbus Rider