Blueprints for the following Buses and Reference Images

Started by Bus 524, January 23, 2020, 06:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 524

Hi all, I am going to ask anyone who has reference images and or know where I can find the blueprints for the following buses. I am creating a new bus simulator based in Canberra with the Blue Rapid Series making an appearance. ALl the help will be greatly appreciated.

Buses I need Blueprints and Reference Photos for...
Custom Coaches CB60 Bodied Scania L94UB (BUS 320-373)
Custom Coaches CB60 EVO II Bodied MAN 18:310 CNG A69 (BUS 374-389)
Custom Coaches CB60 EVO II Bodied MAN 18:320 Diesel A69 (BUS 390-463, 491-505)
Custom Coaches CB60 EVO II Bodied Scania K320UB 14.5m 6x2*4 (BUS 464-489)
Custom CB80 Bodied Scania K360UA Articulated 6x2/2 (BUS 506-538)
Custom CB80 Bodied Scania K320UB 4x2 (BUS 539-620)
Bustech VST Bodied Scania K320UB 4x2 (BUS 622-651,682-713)
Volgren Optimus Bodied Scania K360UA Articulated 6x2/2 (BUS 621,672-681)
Volgren Optimus Bodied Scania K320UB 4x2 (BUS 652-671)

Progress Images Will Be Posted in about April if Work Has Been Started.

Bus 524

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well I know that many of the blueprints of the old buses were kept at RATEC, no idea where that is all now - best guess though would be either CTM or TC. For the new buses, maybe ask someone in TC admin.

Personally I would prefer a bus simulator based in Canberra to have the older buses, as Canberra is more know for its 'orange buses'. Getting the engine sounds wouldn't be as easy however.

Bus 524

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on January 23, 2020, 07:04:39 PMWell I know that many of the blueprints of the old buses were kept at RATEC, no idea where that is all now - best guess though would be either CTM or TC. For the new buses, maybe ask someone in TC admin.

Personally I would prefer a bus simulator based in Canberra to have the older buses, as Canberra is more know for its 'orange buses'. Getting the engine sounds wouldn't be as easy however.

How far back did those blueprints go to (as in what buses did RATEC have)? and two who in Admin should I speak to about this to obtain these blueprints.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I didn't spend too much time looking at them, especially as it was quite a mess when the older members were cataloguing everything. I remember reading some details on the PR180s, but I'd say there was much older stuff than that. I won't say exactly what was in the collection (as I'd be guessing from the brisk glances I got), as the more experienced members on this forum who were also former members of RATEC would know better than I.

As for who, I can't say, but try giving 13 17 10 a call and ask for someone in an 'admin' department and try your luck. I had contacts high up in TC who were able to find information on stuff like this, but they're long gone now - otherwise I would've asked myself.
If you don't have much luck in finding blueprints in time for your plans, you may as well just ride the buses themselves and take pictures. All the buses you want are around, so it wouldn't be too hard to find every angle (except below) of what you'd probably want. When you're desperate for those under the seat pictures, just pretend you're tying your shoelaces, or scratching your nuts ;).

Stan butler

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on January 25, 2020, 02:46:31 AMIf you don't have much luck in finding blueprints in time for your plans, you may as well just ride the buses themselves and take pictures. All the buses you want are around, so it wouldn't be too hard to find every angle (except below) of what you'd probably want. When you're desperate for those under the seat pictures, just pretend you're tying your shoelaces, or scratching your nuts ;).

I wouldn't recommend doing this at all. Taking photos on the bus - especially while other psssengers are on the bus will see you getting a firm talking to.  Even if you are the only person on the bus, the driver would probably tell you to stop too.

Additionally, don't try and take candid shots either.  You may get caught and your intentions may be misunderstood and you may get labelled a perv (just like those guys on the Japanese subways snapping underskirt shots).

If you are legitimate, then contact TC with a formal request - in writing. Tell them what it is for.  By all means, ring 13 17 10 and ask for a contact for your project and email that contact. Put a formal request, in writing, to this person. Being a public service operation, these people won't make a decision over a phone call. They will need to discuss it and have a meeting for it. They will consider stuff like safety, privacy and security.

Stan butler

One final thought, I very much doubt they'd agree to your plans. After all, if I was the manager of a transport service and some person (outside of my organisation) came in and asked for the plans of my vehicles, then I'd say no too.  Regardless of what your intentions may be.

Security is a big issue in the public transport world these days.  As far as they'd know, you could be the next Unabomber looking for the perfect weak spot in their vehicles.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Stan butler on January 25, 2020, 05:49:56 AMAfter all, if I was the manager of a transport service and some person (outside of my organisation) came in and asked for the plans of my vehicles, then I'd say no too.  Regardless of what your intentions may be.

This is another reason going for the older buses would be a more ideal approach.

Quote from: Stan butler on January 25, 2020, 05:30:10 AMEven if you are the only person on the bus, the driver would probably tell you to stop too.

Which is why when I do it, I do it when the driver is not paying attention to me. Or I (safely obviously) ask permission when a driver pulls up into City West or another interchange set-down area on the off-chance I need to see something.