Livery variations - Green faces

Started by smitho, August 26, 2013, 10:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Noticed today that Bus 316 looks to have been recently outshopped with a new paint job, including a new all-green face, as also applied to 351
(ie, minus the usual orange and white bands).

Barry Drive

That would be 319. Was involved in a collision which badly damaged the front.

The reason for the all-green front is that (I assume), they don't have any spares. I believe ACTION made that part (from metal rather than fibreglass).

What's of more interest for 319 is that they've used white fleet numbers on the windscreeen rather than black above the headlights. Looks so much better.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 27, 2013, 09:27:59 AM

The reason for the all-green front is that (I assume), they don't have any spares. I believe ACTION made that part (from metal rather than fibreglass).

What's of more interest for 319 is that they've used white fleet numbers on the windscreeen rather than black above the headlights. Looks so much better.

Agree that white numbers on windscreen look best, although I've noticed buses which have received windscreen replacements don't always get their numbers reapplied to the new screens.

Barry Drive

Moreso at T depot - but since STAGs and artics have unobscured front number plates, they don't need the windscreen fleet numbers. 924 & 496 actually do.

The Love Guru

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 30, 2013, 10:14:19 AM
Moreso at T depot - but since STAGs and artics have unobscured front number plates, they don't need the windscreen fleet numbers. 924 & 496 actually do.

Hmmmmmmm, me thinks its time to find a new hobby.

smitho

Quote from: The Love Guru on August 30, 2013, 12:45:57 PM
Hmmmmmmm, me thinks its time to find a new hobby.

You could try rivet counting ....

ajw373

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 27, 2013, 09:27:59 AM

Why would Action have no spares. Surely Custom Coaches have an abundance of CB60 spares.

Barry Drive

Bus 308 has joined the club, but unlike 319 it has black fleet numbers above the headlights.