Game: Street Names II

Started by Barry Drive, January 25, 2022, 12:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

vnguyen

Bowen Drive (I think it is used by coaches).

narc855

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 06, 2022, 02:10:42 PMHopefully there are no more of these type of streets.

Found another one lol.

Macnally Street, Weston.

Northside

vnguyen

narc855

Just did some bus spotting at Woden Interchange this morning so
Matilda Street, Phillip

Sylvan Loves Buses

Ellery Cresent, Acton.

❌ invalid answer. The street is not currently being used by buses.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Come on, chop chop. There's still a bunch left.

vnguyen

George Tyson Drive, Canberra Airport

❌ unless I'm missing something: no route services operate this street

narc855

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 23, 2022, 11:14:29 PMCome on, chop chop. There's still a bunch left.

But the point is that it doesn't make too many senses to submit the trainlink roads as they actually don't run like that...

Anyway, Lady Denman Drive

Barry Drive

I have compiled a list of all 95 valid answers. Unfortunately there's a system problem that prevents me from posting it to this topic.

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 23, 2022, 11:14:29 PMCome on, chop chop. There's still a bunch left.
At a guess, most of what's left are the Trainlink routes.

But one that is on an ACTION route: Eureka Way

vnguyen

Quote from: vnguyen on February 24, 2022, 09:21:57 AMGeorge Tyson Drive, Canberra Airport

❌ unless I'm missing something: no route services operate this street

Google Maps says different. Maybe a shouldn't trust it anymore. Is that a penalty?

Barry Drive

Arrgh. Looks like TC didn't update the GTFS to remove the temporary route during the road closure near the Vibe Hotel. R3 is not supposed to go that way any longer.

No penalty since there's already been two valid answers since.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Leichhardt Street, Kingston

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 25, 2022, 10:05:48 AMAt a guess, most of what's left are the Trainlink routes.

For which I see 3 more. Looked like this topic was being neclected, maybe I was a little too hyped to get things moving.

⚠️❓ More information required: what route(s) use Leichhardt St?

vnguyen

narc855

vnguyen

Quote from: narc855 on February 26, 2022, 11:00:46 AMDid I miss something?

Cameron Ave, Belconnen

I think its another one of the "Edgeworth Parade" streets.

triumph

Quote from: narc855 on February 24, 2022, 12:58:57 PMBut the point is that it doesn't make too many senses to submit the trainlink roads as they actually don't run like that...

Anyway, Lady Denman Drive
Out of curiosity, what service uses Lady Denman Dr?

Barry Drive

Quote from: narc855 on February 26, 2022, 11:00:46 AMCameron Ave, Belconnen
On paper, maybe. The stop pattern of route 843 makes College St the more likely route, but haven't verified it either way.

Quote from: triumph on February 26, 2022, 11:57:56 PMOut of curiosity, what service uses Lady Denman Dr?
784 (Trainlink Coach) to Goulburn - at least in theory.

narc855

I think most answers left are about route 783/784...

triumph

Quote from: Barry Drive on February 27, 2022, 09:19:33 AM784 (Trainlink Coach) to Goulburn - at least in theory.
Thanks for that answer re Lady Denman Drive. So continued curiosity meant I wanted to see the map of the complete route. After much searching I did the simple thing and put the search term 'Canberra - Goulburn Coach route' in and it came up with a Transport for NSW web item for the that route showing the map for the Goulburn bound journey, It showed the Parkway not Lady Denman Dr as the route.
Thoroughly confusing. Was the map I found out of date I wonder?
(Because Lady Denman Dr is, in part, close to the Parkway it is necessary to enlarge the map to see the difference, but the rest via Caswell Dr and Cotter Rd is obvious.)

narc855

Quote from: triumph on February 28, 2022, 05:21:46 PMThanks for that answer re Lady Denman Drive. So continued curiosity meant I wanted to see the map of the complete route. After much searching I did the simple thing and put the search term 'Canberra - Goulburn Coach route' in and it came up with a Transport for NSW web item for the that route showing the map for the Goulburn bound journey, It showed the Parkway not Lady Denman Dr as the route.
Thoroughly confusing. Was the map I found out of date I wonder?
(Because Lady Denman Dr is, in part, close to the Parkway it is necessary to enlarge the map to see the difference, but the rest via Caswell Dr and Cotter Rd is obvious.)

This is the current one on TfNSW website.
https://transportnsw.info/routes/details/trainlink/784/76784

Edit: but indeed there is no Lady Denman Drive while Anytrip has it. So I would recall my answer.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 25, 2022, 12:55:21 PM⚠️❓ More information required: what route(s) use Leichhardt St?

Like a bunch of Trainlink services arriving at the Kingston Railway Station. It's another one of those dumb roads you were hoping there weren't others of, invalidate it if you want idc. As long as anytrip and TransportNSW mark it as so, that's good enough for me, I'm not gonna nerd out about a game with no noticable prize. Btw, I still see at least 2 others.

Barry Drive

Quote from: narc855 on February 28, 2022, 09:30:12 PMThis is the current one on TfNSW website.
https://transportnsw.info/routes/details/trainlink/784/76784

Edit: but indeed there is no Lady Denman Drive while Anytrip has it. So I would recall my answer.
Although that map has several errors, so it can't be completely relied upon either.

(And note it shows the TC bus stop is being used at the Airport as well.)

As it's not clear which route is correct, I'm happy to retain the answer.

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on March 01, 2022, 09:44:41 AMLike a bunch of Trainlink services arriving at the Kingston Railway Station.
Got it. Although I doubt the Trainlink buses use that approach when they could use Burke Cres.

However, the R2 trips which divert to the Railway Station would ever so briefly traverse Leichhardt St, so it's a valid answer.

While on the topic of Trainlink: Dudley St.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Edinburgh Avenue (Trainlink again).

vnguyen

Chandler Street. Belconnen. (TrainkLink service) Cant see any TC stop on Google maps.

❌ can't allow this. In this instance the GTFS route is clearly wrong as you can't travel from Chandler St to Belconnen Interchange.

The website map is also wrong as it shows Benjamin Way then a right turn to Cohen St, which is not permitted.

I believe the route taken involves College St, Lathlain St then Cohen St.

⚠️ you may submit a new answer without penalty since there are few, if any, valid answers remaining

vnguyen

Coranderrk St, used by 784. It shows up on the website going via this this route not sure it is correct though.

narc855

There is no correct or wrong since all stops in Canberra (excluding City and Beleonnen Interchange) on 783/784 are requested stops only.

There is one that's not 783/784 though.
Wisdom Street, Hughes

Edit: this is not an vavid answer, thanks Sylvan for pointing out. It's actually a bit hard to pay attention to action routes at the same time...

Sylvan Loves Buses

57 stops on Wisdom Street at the shops.

Followup edit: Indeed. Whatever the next game is, it might be best to start with the trainlink stuff and get them out of the way.

narc855

Rudd Street

Many buses need to use this street to access City Interchange platform 8 (especially the R6-55 connection).

And there is a formal bus route using this street: 855 Wollongong to Canberra operated by Murrays.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Using that same logic, Moore Street.

narc855

Prettymuch sure someone is going to say Moore Street...

Kennedy Street, Kingston
This street is used by MCS (South Coast to Canberra).
https://transportnsw.info/routes/details/murrays-coaches/mcs/08mcs

Since this one is on TfNSW offical page, I would say it's a formal route.

vnguyen

In that case we can say Coronation Drive.

narc855

Allsop Street, City
All routes depart from City West need to use that street (?).

Sylvan Loves Buses

So can we use the Elighten Shuttle for this? I saw one in service yesterday.

Parkes Place W (I assume that means west), Parkes.

narc855

In that case we can say Bunda Street

Barry Drive

Quote from: narc855 on March 05, 2022, 07:25:37 PMAllsop Street, City

This was the last valid answer. As it was more than 7 days ago, this answer is the winner.

This game is now complete.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I was hesitant to make any more guesses given my own rule of waiting for 2 others. I think there was still a bunch from the RED Explorer bus, but I was unable to find any official/unofficial route maps of it.

triumph

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on March 14, 2022, 10:47:28 PMI was hesitant to make any more guesses given my own rule of waiting for 2 others. I think there was still a bunch from the RED Explorer bus, but I was unable to find any official/unofficial route maps of it.
Yeah, I looked for Red bus detail too. They seem more interested in the $ than providing detail. The best diagram (won't give it the privilege of 'map') I could find was actually on the back of the bus itself.
Some destinations would enable some streets to be inferred.
Relying on Offical maps, I think there was a V-line route of interest, but having lost track of the 7 days and thus losing the opportunity... .
Congratulations to the winner.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I was going to go up to the driver and ask him directly, but I kept forgetting to be there at the right times. I know he uses Lawson Cresent to get to the Museum, so that would've been one of them, oh well.

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on February 20, 2022, 02:19:47 PMEllery Cresent, Acton.

❌ invalid answer. The street is not currently being used by buses.
This also returned to being valid again too, surprised no one went for it.

narc855

Quote from: triumph on March 15, 2022, 12:02:20 PMI think there was a V-line route of interest

I have checked that: there are two V-line routes to Vic, one via Yass and one via Cooma, but there's no route shown inside the ACT region and from the stopping pattern there's no new answer to this game.