Woden bus interchange close 6pm 17th aprill 2013

Started by simon.parkinsons, April 17, 2013, 06:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simon.parkinsons

I just driveing past the woden bus interchange tonight around 6pm tonight
I just did notice the bus interchange closed for unknown reason.
I did see the Fire engine next to bus number 338.
the bus number 338 park at platform nine heading northbounre to the city.
does anyone bus number 338 the reason?
is it bus fire or the major bus gas leak?

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

The Fire Brigade were called at 17:23, this has come from the ESA Home Page:
5:51pm Wednesday 17 Apr 2013
Gas leak contained in bus

ACT Fire & Rescue are currently on scene at the Woden bus interchange, Callam Street, Phillip, attending to a gas leak inside a bus.

Bus and platform have been evacuated as a precaution.

Leak has been contained to the bus and will be removed from the area shortly.

Bus 400

The fire brigade are still on scene as of 19:53.

Barry Drive

ACT ESA have corrected their earlier statement: gas leak coming from roof pod, not passenger compartment.

Which makes more sense, since the gas lines are fitted externally before they enter the engine bay.

Bus 400

It has been mentioned on Twitter that Woden Bus Station has been reopened.

Snorzac

338 has had a strong gas smell inside ever since I can remember, used to get it to school every morning. Told multiple drivers, none seemed the least bit interested.

ajw373

Ahh, that explains it. Went past the interchange just before 7pm and saw the fire cart there but didn't see 338 though. Then around 9ish I was coming out of Southlands and saw 338 under tow, with a maintenance truck and a fire cart following close behind. The fact the fire cart wasn't overtaking made me suspect there was a gas issue with the bus and it was following as part of the 'convoy'.

Bus 400

ACTION have posted a piece on their website:

Temporary closure of Woden Bus Station on 17 April
Temporary closure of Woden Bus Station on 17 April
On the evening of Wednesday 17 April, ACTION applied safety measures at Woden Bus Station due to a suspected gas leak from a bus.
At approximately 5pm the driver of Bus 338 detected a gas odour on board. The driver immediately contacted the ACTION Communication Centre for assistance and instructed all riders to disembark the bus.
ACTION's Acting Chief Operating Officer, Field Transport Officers and workshop mechanics were in attendance to manage the incident, assist riders and redirect all bus services to the bus layover adjacent to the Hellenic Club. Emergency services were contacted and arrived to assist with safely removing bus.
The Woden Bus Station reopened at approximately 9:15 pm and services returned to normal.
ACTION identified the cause of the gas leak to be a gas pressure safety valve fitted to one of the gas tanks on the roof of the bus. Bus 338 has been removed from service and is stationed at Tuggeranong Depot. ACTION is investigating the cause of the leak.
ACTION extends its thanks to emergency services, the Hellenic Club, staff and riders for their cooperation and assistance.
Safety is our priority. If you have any questions or comments about this incident pleasecontact us.

http://www.action.act.gov.au/news/news_articles/temporary-closure-of-woden-bus-station-on-17-april

Good to see they are putting the reason out straight away to avoid any speculation.