New Athllon Drive Bus Shelters

Started by Bus 400, March 31, 2012, 03:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

As mentioned here, new bus shelters have been installed on Athllon Drive near Woden Depot in Phillip.

First up is the Woden bound shelter.

This shows who makes them, the website mentioned isn't up yet.

Next is the Tuggeranong bound shelter, take in mind that these photos were taken today at 10:17 & there was no seat installed. ACTBusSpotter rocked up just over an hour later & has a photo of the seat installed.

Just as I was leaving, I was lucky enough to have a bus go past & use this new shelter.

Barry Drive

2 more photos - southbound stop complete with seat. Notice how the bollard is poorly positioned and could do with relocating.

Athllon Dr by ACT Bus spotter, on Flickr

Athllon Dr by ACT Bus spotter, on Flickr

More photos can be found on my Flickr site and my twitpic site.

Bus 400

On my adventure to the deep south I found out that these 2 shelters aren't as rare as I thought. As there is one of these shelters on Ellerston Avenue in Isabella Plains & on Heagney Crescent in Gilmore. These 3 shelters don't look ultra new either. But then again I rarely venture into the deep south as I enjoy my life.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

Still safer then Kambah West & Charnwood.

Barry Drive

Also one down in Banks (Pockett Ave).

Sir Pompously

They actually look decent! While still no protection from rain on one side, it seems well protected on all other sides.

King of Buses

The route 769 terminus on Tharwa Dr has them on both sides as well. I prefer them over the adshel ones. :)

smitho

Earlier this week (Tues 9 Oct) workers fitted timber seating to the new super shelter on Athllon Drive northbound, across from Southlands.

As I recall, metal seating had originally been installed in this shelter; the new shelter was commissioned the following day, Wed 10 Oct.