Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

It's a pity ACTION couldn't of sold them through Pickles Auctions.

I just hope this doesn't happen to the other 200 odd.

Buzz Killington

Seeing as how that first batch didn't sell, they've obviously decided they are more valuable to scrap them in order to have a nice big pile of spare parts to keep the others going.

Barry Drive

Metrobus has reported (via twitter) seeing 869 on driver training without ticketing equipment. So that would seem to have confirmed its fate.

Busnerd

Why did they have to withdraw that one :( IIRC that has the desto that 674 once trialled....

King of Buses

Quote from: MyWay on May 26, 2011, 09:03:16 PM
Metrobus has reported (via twitter) seeing 869 on driver training without ticketing equipment. So that would seem to have confirmed its fate.

A Renault wearing a MK2 livery (not 760 - that wasn't it) was next to 477 intermingled with other stags/euros yesterday morning however gone by the afternoon.

Bus 400

I think it may of been moved to be with the other 16 or do Renault's.

I think 869 may of become a trainer as it is a MkI (so old), but also has a digital desto that ACTION can use to train the newbies.

The Love Guru

Quote from: King of Buses on May 28, 2011, 03:36:11 PM
A Renault wearing a MK2 livery (not 760 - that wasn't it) was next to 477 intermingled with other stags/euros yesterday morning however gone by the afternoon.

It was 869 i saw there on Thursday evening, however wasn't there last night. Safe to assume that it is now a training bus.

Snorzac

You can tell if it is 869 as it is one of three buses in the MkII livery with the white panels at the rear (941 and 980 been the other two)

Busnerd

Just randomly got reminded of my renault with the best interior - 940 with its brown saydair 'bucket' seats, I love that bus, those seats just make it look so much more modern!

King of Buses

Buses 780 and 784 are presently at the workshops at Tuggy. 780 where ZIB050 was and 784 in amongst the other broken buses.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on June 03, 2011, 02:34:53 PM
Buses 780 and 784 are presently at the workshops at Tuggy.
784 is still in service (saw it tonight); 780 should be next in line to be withdrawn.

Buzz Killington

785 still in service today, although it "broke down", couldn't operate its service and eventually managed to return to the depot unassisted.

Buzz Killington

ACT Bus Spotter reports on Twitter that 796 has been withdrawn, and via ChrisGuru that 802 is likely to have also been withdrawn.

smitho

Noticed a Mark 2 std bus @ Woden Depot today - couldn't read number.

Snorzac

It is 869...as far as we know anyway.

The could have withdrawn a MkII as a trainer but I don't think they would have.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on June 09, 2011, 10:49:03 PM
It is 869...as far as we know anyway.

Not 869: it hasn't left Belconnen Depot for the last week. 760 has the Mk II livery: so it could be that.

It appears that 796 was withdrawn last month and may have been used as a temporary trainer.

lukeo25

i saw 784 this morning in woden :)

smitho

Quote from: King of Buses on June 14, 2011, 03:13:42 PM
yesterday, 780 and 795 were at Tuggy Workshops with new stickers on the front saying 'training bus' just like 786.
Also a lot of MKI Renaults out today including 785 and 788
Probably there is an extra training bus around at the moment because of the large size of new basic training (recruit) courses - last one was 10 drivers, current one is 15 drivers....about double the usual size. 

smitho

780 and 795 were both retrieved out of the Woden Depot's stockpile in the last week or so. One of the two had been kitted up for MyWay; one has a National seat, the other has one of the old style. Old Wayfarer equipment removed from both.

These two Tuggy trainer buses continue to be parked just south of Tuggy Workshop on the Athllon Drive side.... Yello "Traning Bus' signs are vinyl stick ons. As far as I know they have not been used for training this week; I gather the current large basic training class is in week 3, which means each trainee will be doing regular shifts with revenue passengers and 'shift buses'.

smitho

Older buses 'on shed' @ Woden Depot on 15 June:-

802 (Row 9)

Historic 611 AEC Regal (Row 13)

Historic ZIB 050 AEC (Row 15)

THEN
758, 764, 765, 799
768, 755, 762, 777
779, 763, 773, 756
770, 760#, 752*, 783, 754**

# Has Mark 2 style blue skirt livery.
* Ex-Tuggy trainer
** Ex-Belco trainer

Buzz Killington

Quote from: MyWay on June 10, 2011, 11:15:42 AM
It appears that 796 was withdrawn last month and may have been used as a temporary trainer.

Where's 796 now? According to smitho's post above, it's not at Woden.

Barry Drive

It's Belconnen's second trainer - 869 appears to be at TISC permanently.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on June 16, 2011, 05:51:35 PM
Where's 796 now? According to smitho's post above, it's not at Woden.

796 was gone from its usual spot @ Tuggy Depot this evening (Friday 17th)...was Graduation Day today for latest batch of new drivers, so it wouldn't have been out on training work. Maybe its been sent to TISC for the next trainee intake.

Buzz Killington

ACTbusspotter reports on Twitter that 785 is a likely withdrawal.

803 spotted in service this evening despite being seen minus ticketing equipment behind Belconnen Depot Workshop yesterday.

Barry Drive

They must have swapped them this morning.

Busnerd

Can someone please advise when the next tender comes up and what vehicles are available as I may consider getting someone to bid on one

Snorzac

Tender for 777, if Adam's aren't taking it. I would take a bet that all you have to do is call ACTION.

Sir Pompously

Ohhhhh 777, my old School Bus for almost two years on the 664!

Ed

QuoteOhhhhh 777, my old School Bus for almost two years on the 664!

777, one of the very few PR2s that can keep up with a diesel MAN uphill, shame it's now sitting there and collecting dust.

Busnerd

Is that tender page still open?

Busnerd

if someone can provide the links and any other info I need, I will definately put one in, just looked at my photos of 777 and it seems to be a pretty tidy looking unit there :)

Buzz Killington

I tried to lookup the tender pages but have been removed - I'll do a bit of digging (think I saved them somewhere) and give you the contact info but I reckon you could get away with giving that person a call and saying 'how much?'

smitho

Quote from: Busn00b on July 12, 2011, 07:34:27 PM
Can someone please advise when the next tender comes up and what vehicles are available as I may consider getting someone to bid on one

I'll keep my ears to the ground and let you know; could well be later this month

Buzz Killington

ACTbusspotter tweets that 790 has been withdrawn and is now at Belconnen.

Busnerd

Depends how much work needs to be done on the artics. Manly Coaches up here tried to buy every single artic the STA sold, not because they needed them but because they knew other people wanted them, so they got as many as they could so that they could then sell them at a higher price later once they had repainted them all white. Also gives them the monopoly on private charter companies with artics.

jasp3r

Would bus companies really want 20 year old artics, that have been extremely well loved (and used). And for the past while have regularly been filled with us grubby school kids?

Sir Pompously

Yes, private charter operators usually pick up old artics! Alot cheaper than buying a brand new one, however I am not sure how well the Renaults would sell simply because of their complex set up (May be a bit costly for a private operator to maintain). STA Sold their artics, and they were clapped out hunks of junk (With a lot of characted, mind you, being an O305G).

Busnerd

Only issue for operators here would be rust of the buses. Besides that if you purchased a small group of them, like 5, at least if one screws up you can look at the other ones...

King of Buses

712 not looking that good at all after yesterdays occurance. (see What bus did you get today? thread for full details about occurence as I don't want to type it all over again!)

Barry Drive

Assuming a one-for-one withdrawal and that withdrawals will be made in fleet number order, with 15 more MANs to enter service over the next few months, the lowest numbered PR100.2 will then be either 822 or 823 (depending on whether 792 is due to be withdrawn for 449 or will be withdrawn once the next MAN enters service).

Once the next intake of 15 MANs is complete, the lowest .2 will be 841 or 842. These buses date from 1990, so in 2012 will be 22 years old!

Also, assuming that a PR100.2 Mk2 will go to Tuggeranong in fleet order for each MAN entering service, Belconnen's Mk2s will start at 907 or 908 once 15 more buses get transferred.

Buzz Killington

ACTbusspotter reports 792 has been withdrawn, meaning no more 700-series .2's are left in service.

--

788 and 789 left Canberra today also. Spotted them heading along the Hume Highway near Gundagai around 2.30ish.

Buzz Killington

825 and 826 have been withdrawn in recent days.

Merv319

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 03, 2011, 05:41:41 PM
788 and 789 left Canberra today also. Spotted them heading along the Hume Highway near Gundagai around 2.30ish.

Thx for the news...I assume I've seen those just several weeks ago...
Where did they go? Not Perth, is it?

Bus 400

They did go off to Perth, the last 4 are sitting at Woden Depot for collection soon.

Buzz Killington

At Woden on Thursday:

754, 755, 756, 758, 760, 763, 764, 765, 768, 770, 773, 777, 779, 780, 785, 790, 791, 792, 793, 795, 799, 869

790-793 inclusive have had ACTION decals and numberplates removed.

Anyone know where 752 has gotten to?

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 14, 2011, 03:38:32 PM
Anyone know where 752 has gotten to?
Maybe it's at T depot suffering the same fate as 762: being slowly stripped of parts.

Barry Drive

796 (former trainer) and 826 have been de-plated. Another two sold?

EDIT: 868 not withdrawn.

King of Buses

812 at tuggy workshops.
Possible Withdrawal? :-\

Snorzac

no, if it was withdrawn it would be moved to Belconnen, was in getting repaired not long ago. 825 and 826 are now at T depot however.

Bus 400

The registration for Buses 823, 829, 830, 831 & 869 have not been renewed for the next 12 months.

Trainer bus 795 has had its registration renewed for the next 12 months though.