Model Buses (Warning: Lots of Photos)

Started by CNG, February 28, 2010, 05:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNG

List any model buses or forms of transport that you have colected over the years

belcodriver

I've got one each of those cardboard cutout models of a MAN CNG and a Scania that ACTION give out to kiddies. I used to have an Iris one too.

CNG

are the iris bus models still available because I would be interested in purchsasing one

belcodriver

These are crappy cardboard models I'm talking about. When available they're free. Haven't seen an Iris for years. You can purchase my pre-assembled MAN and Scania for $20 each or $30 for the set.

Busnerd

Gee belcodriver...what a fantastic offer! only $20...I sure hope CNG/Rolfe doesn't beat me to it

CNG

Belco driver if you still have or know where the iris is I would be happy to purchase it off you for a reasonable price. However Iam not interested in either the man or scannia as I have both of these buses. Yet thanks for the offer

Buzz Killington

Quote from: belcodriver on March 01, 2010, 10:35:13 AM
These are crappy cardboard models I'm talking about. When available they're free. Haven't seen an Iris for years. You can purchase my pre-assembled MAN and Scania for $20 each or $30 for the set.

With bargains like that I reckon we could set up a shopping section and make a bundle!

Sir Pompously

Bargain Basement Buses at ACT BUS

Buzz Killington

Belcodriver's Bargain Basement Bus Bonanza?

Snorzac

We could attempt to sell all the real Irisbuses, not that ACTION would approve of that

Bus 400

To list mine would take too long, but in short I have:

8 Non Constructed Cardboard Models
21 Constructed Cardboard models
7 Die cast models
3 Ships 

Buzz Killington

Quite a collection you have there!

I have a Scania and MAN Cardboard model around somewhere. I did think it was on top of my shelf but it appears to be missing!

belcodriver

What's the wide thing 7th from the right?

Bus 400

That's a Brisbane City Cat (Ferry)

Trolleybusracer

Quote from: Scania K320UB on March 01, 2010, 06:55:19 PM
We could attempt to sell all the real Irisbuses, not that ACTION would approve of that

I'll take one for $30!

CNG

I was interested dose any one have a model of the sydney bus mercedies benz CNG (dicast metal) which they would be willing to sell for around $200 to $250 as this is a AUSBUS that I missed out on.

CNG

going to hong kong latter this year they have some good shops dedicated to just model buses- saving up

Buzz Killington

Quote from: King of Buses on March 15, 2011, 03:34:18 PM
Renault PR100.2 MK1 buses (self made 675 - 699 and 750 - 869)

You've made every one of them? Wow. Feel free to post some photos!

Buzz Killington

Is that one of those old school magnetic drawing boards in the background, that came with a magnetic pen and a couple of shape stamp  things?

[/childhood flashback]

p_stampy

wow - that's quite a collection. Where do you keep them all?

Buzz Killington

Might be best to post any further photos in a new thread.

King of Buses

I will soon add pictures of the buses when flat. (Though not MAN 18:310 CNG and Scania L94UB)

jasp3r

I've got the 320 cardboard jobbie and the 374 however I got the thing from ACTION then photocopied it stuck it on some crafty card stuff spent a bit of time cutting it all out and ta dah the one to put on display and the proper one to keep in mint. Would love a PR2 though, one day...

The Love Guru

BUS 129 from the Connex fleet is actually based in Sydney. I drove this bus when it was new and was based at Taren Point depot. It was the first full length 0405NH that Southtrans had bought, and ended up showing it in panel damage. That model is the bus with the longest wheelbase i have ever driven (in a 2 axle) and is on a par with the Irisbus for crap ride height.

I also drove Busways 446 when it was new to Blacktown when they only had the 3 low floors in the fleet. Similar to the Connex one in wheelbase, but with the ugliest body you have ever set eyes on.

Sylvan Loves Buses

This won't be all of them, but I still have quite a collection of bus models and depots worth of buses in my collection, including:

1. My Connex bus fleet (cardboard cut-outs).
2. Vehicle mixtures (ACTION, Brisbane, Randoms, ones with ads). (cardboard cut-outs)
3. My heavy Vehicles selection. (cardboard cut-outs)
4. My small bus fleet set from various stores around Canberra (some are even older than me :o) (most are die-cast/plastic)
5. My Large bus fleet (mostly Artics from Big W and Toys R Us) (mostly all plastic with die-cast bits)
6. And lastly, my current (still presently with me) creations. Including the 987 Artic you've all seen me spamming all over the artwork post, my current Lego artic, and the attempted Steer-tag that I tried to make after completing the artic, which didn't go so well. (PM me if you want the story about what happened).
oh, and 7. My major purchases (from Transit Graphics, and 1 from IGA Civic).

Bus 400

You might want to check your Irisbus or Renault PR3, it looks like they're leaking coolant.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 06, 2015, 10:23:17 AM
You might want to check your Irisbus or Renault PR3, it looks like they're leaking coolant.

Oh no, that's 15 year old sticky tape you're looking at  ;)

Bus 503

I just found this in my drawer:

Bus 400

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on December 06, 2015, 11:49:12 AM
Oh no, that's 15 year old sticky tape you're looking at  ;)

Is that was this mark is?

The Love Guru

Looks like a mark that was left the last time 503 had a dream about a route diversion to photograph.

Bus 503

Quote from: The Love Guru on December 06, 2015, 07:54:06 PM
Looks like a mark that was left the last time 503 had a dream about a route diversion to photograph.

I laughed so hard at that...

Busnerd

Sylvan Loves Buses

My laptops in-built camera. That's why most of the shots are off, and pee-stain-looking shadows are in the shots.

I feel we're discussing more about my bed linen than the buses, can we talk more about the buses please :-[

Sylvan Loves Buses

Since last year, I have collected a few more models
Can't get anymore from Transitgraphics though, as they stopped making (cardboard) and selling (models), and any cardboard ones you want now will be $20+ or something per cut-out :-\

1. 2 new Dickie Toys 4-door new-gen Artics. (red and white this time round). - These are still avalible at Toys R Us and any Big W.
2. The 3rd last Mercedes Newcastle Buses no. 2155. (bought from Transit Graphics, but was the last of 4 they'll ever sell from their shop, got it for $120, and one of its wheels doesn't work right :'()
3. Failed attempt to construct a paper cut-out of a PR:180.2 from the gallery.

yeah, only 3 models in the past year, really disappointing. Buses have really fallen out of fashion, cause all the $2 shops have stopped selling them, Transit Graphics only sell online now (and stopped cardboard cut-outs cause it's too costly - unless the company they print for ask for them), even Matchbox toys have stopped making buses (for now hopefully), only places left now are Big W and Toys R Us.