Website | Forum | Gallery | Fleet Wiki
ACT Bus Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Canberra Metro / Re: LR general discussion
« Last post by Busnerd on Today at 02:29:44 PM »
For those who have somehow avoided social media today, LRV007 was towed to Dickson last night, as posted by CBR Metro and annoyingly re-shared by one PTCBR related individual with an excessive need to use emoji's.

It is understood gauge testing will take place over the next two nights between Dickson and Alinga (assuming the track is free of crap/debris/tools/holes) by then. This should see the LRV being dragged by the Unimog with the large foam 'collar'/thing around the outside to test clearances on the line, presumably before they do final platform concreting, set the poles in place along the alignment etc.
Fleet / Re: Alternative / Electric bus trial
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 05:13:09 PM »
I can't believe we're all debating this... seriously

Yeah I know right. I know which drivers who were allocated to each bus by face, and so, most of their runs, so it was easy to know which of the routes albeit only really their last few evening runs, but any other time they would use their normal allocated buses - Mostly P2 and Scania/MAN CNG shifts.
« Last post by Busfanatic101 on Yesterday at 02:45:09 PM »
But there is no pattern to it, they donít have set shifts for the trial, if the driver is trained and the bus is available then itís allocated to that driver. Particularly in 712s case this is a very limited number of drivers. Any pattern that appeared is purely coincidental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a pattern - bus regularly being driven by select drivers often doing select shifts. While there is some element of chance, some outliers, there are definitely clear trends in allocation and not enough chance to be considered purely coincidental.

I can't believe we're all debating this... seriously
« Last post by Toyota Camry on Yesterday at 01:41:31 PM »
It must have been a major coincidence that bus 712 was operating those trips on every working day; with those odds, I will be purchasing a lottery ticket.
« Last post by Snorzac on Yesterday at 06:35:48 AM »
But there is no pattern to it, they donít have set shifts for the trial, if the driver is trained and the bus is available then itís allocated to that driver. Particularly in 712s case this is a very limited number of drivers. Any pattern that appeared is purely coincidental.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by Bus 503 on Yesterday at 05:56:03 AM »
712 has been withdrawn and the wrap has been taken off, this data is irrelevant even before it was withdrawn as the buses were never assigned to a particular shift or driver and any pattern which may have occurred was purely coincidental

No, there are some shifts that do regularly receive 710Ė712.
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 02:12:59 AM »
I have a pretty good list of routes that the few drivers who did use these buses, but if you want to know them you'll have to private message me.
« Last post by Snorzac on November 13, 2018, 05:25:29 PM »
712 has been withdrawn and the wrap has been taken off, this data is irrelevant even before it was withdrawn as the buses were never assigned to a particular shift or driver and any pattern which may have occurred was purely coincidental
Route Designs / Route 32 to Western Foreshore Park
« Last post by Toyota Camry on November 13, 2018, 04:48:24 PM »
I am proposing that route 32 (presently known as route 40) should extend beyond the Cohen Street Bus Station via Totterdell Street to the Western Foreshore Park; this would service the high density residential area around Totterdell Street and Morell Close that are about to become a public transport blackspot in the new network.

Route 32 has been chosen for this extension as it will provide Totterdell Street residents with a direct link to the Belconnen Town Centre, Emu Ridge and the Jamison Centre; I am proposing that two new platforms be constructed on Josephson Street as part of the Cohen Street Bus Station for this service.

Below is the link to the map of the extension that I am proposing; this extension will also help to save lives by reducing drink driving, as it will provide a public transport service to nightlife venues including the Ginninderra Tavern.

http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=722916
« Last post by Toyota Camry on November 13, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »
(313) 13:17 Lanyon Market Place to Fraser West Terminus
My apologies, that information was incorrect; these are the correct trips that were operated by 712, but is today was a Tuggeranong PR100.2 again.

(313) 13:13 Lanyon Market Place to Fraser West Terminus
(14) 15:04 Fraser West Terminus to Emu Bank McDonalds
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10