Overheard on the Intertown

Started by Buzz Killington, March 03, 2010, 07:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

You know the situation. You're sitting on the Intertown, and you overhear conversations.

I reckon if we chuck them all into this one thread, it'll be a good laugh for all involved.

Here's one from this evening:

(Intertown is arriving at Woden)

Girl 1: Oi,  Let's get off here..
Girl 2: Nahhhh man, look: Coppers! Let's stay on
Girl 1: Nah fuck that, I'm not goin' to fuckin' Tuggeranong, let's just get off here

Busnerd

There is a section in the MX newspaper in sydney called 'Overheard'....

Maybe ACT BUS should distribute a free newspaper for ACTION commuters :P

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Busnerd on March 03, 2010, 10:31:27 PM
There is a section in the MX newspaper in sydney called 'Overheard'....

Maybe ACT BUS should distribute a free newspaper for ACTION commuters :P
That's actually not a bad idea.....

At first, it would cost considerably with printing costs and whatnot, but once advertisements start, it pays for itself!

belcodriver

Not exactly overheard but the funniest thing that I ever saw on the buses happened on a 314 on a Saturday arvo a few years back.

Heading north I picked up two extremely dubious looking characters at the Melrose Dr stop. They were unshaven, wearing beanies and one had a very large sports bag which was nearly bursting. They looked like they'd just done a burglary. I got into Civic and this somewhat down on his luck looking man got on and said that another similar character who had already boarded had just asaulted him and stolen his wallet. I asked if it would be OK if I got the cops to meet us at Belconnen as I was due to leave and didn't want to arouse the alleged mugger's suspicion by waiting around too long. The guy agreed and I headed off. The mugger got off on College St avoiding the 6 cops who were waiting for me at the interchange although they apparently caught him later. The two 'burglars' got off on Southern Cross Dr with one saying to me as he got off, "you sure know how to scare a bloke mate".

Buzz Killington

Another gem from yesterday's "Girl 1"

Girl 1: "Yeah, Jason was the only boyfriend I've never cheated on"
Girl 2: (laughs) "You slut!"

CNG

Quote from: belcodriver on March 04, 2010, 12:05:12 PM
Not exactly overheard but the funniest thing that I ever saw on the buses happened on a 314 on a Saturday arvo a few years back.

Heading north I picked up two extremely dubious looking characters at the Melrose Dr stop. They were unshaven, wearing beanies and one had a very large sports bag which was nearly bursting. They looked like they'd just done a burglary. I got into Civic and this somewhat down on his luck looking man got on and said that another similar character who had already boarded had just asaulted him and stolen his wallet. I asked if it would be OK if I got the cops to meet us at Belconnen as I was due to leave and didn't want to arouse the alleged mugger's suspicion by waiting around too long. The guy agreed and I headed off. The mugger got off on College St avoiding the 6 cops who were waiting for me at the interchange although they apparently caught him later. The two 'burglars' got off on Southern Cross Dr with one saying to me as he got off, "you sure know how to scare a bloke mate".

How could you be driving a 314 0n a saturday

Buzz Killington

read what he wrote immediately after "Saturday arvo" in the first line of his post.

CNG

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 04, 2010, 08:20:13 PM
read what he wrote immediately after "Saturday arvo" in the first line of his post.
Sorry mate

blackdragon

reminds me of the young lady I listened to on the bus a few years back, bragging about how she breached her bail by travelling on the bus to Tuggeranong, she didn't care about the police and was going back.

Snorzac

I remember how I was sitting on an Intertown listening to this chick talking about how she was bisexual with some guy and how her longest relationship was a month. She then talked about how she was a child care worker at an after school program.

The next day I walked in to Weetangra after school program to pick up my, at the time, foster brother (my mum is a carer for those that don't know) and there was this chick who was on the bus the day before.

Busnerd

I heard some stupid girl yesterday

girl: Do you buy a weekly?
guy: no, i only go three days
girl: oh...

p_stampy

While I try and not listen to people, and can't remember anyone's conversations anyway... OMFG can we get a mute button for girls between the ages of 8-28?

I don't care about your bf/school/where that file went/how much you hate the bus/etc...

I just hate loud talkers and they make me stabby >:(

Buzz Killington

Could be worse, you could get a close-talker..

Sir Pompously

High talkers really piss me off.

p_stampy

Quote from: Buzz Killington on May 06, 2010, 06:17:44 PM
Could be worse, you could get a close-talker..

where you can taste them?

p_stampy

On Friday arvo, it was route 314 that leaves civic at 428.

These 3 deadshit guys, apart from arguing if they should go to the belco labor club or not, were discussing one of their "gfs" childbirths, and how they had to put scrubs on, for a c-sec. He said he couldn't look when it was going on, but went to her after the baby was out, and could see all her inside bits (stomach, not v*****)...  :o

Buzz Killington

Had two guys sitting nearby me discussing the length and location of ingrown hairs that they'd had removed recently on the 318 yesterday..

p_stampy

While waiting on the bus in civic today, this drugged up/homeless? dude was laughing a lot, really loudly.

He was going through the bin, finding coffees that people hadn't finished and drinking them.. and kept laughing... and laughing.. and laughing.

Snorzac

From a few weeks ago:
Bogan: {talking to her baby} Are we going to go home and watch fairies?
Spastic Guy: Is that Tinkerbell or something?
Bogan: No it's a show called fairies
Spastic: When's it on?
Bogan: It's on ABC for half an hour from 4pm till 5:30pm

p_stampy

Canberra high guys (I assume about 15-16)

First guy: Yeh I got really drunk on saturday, then baked!
Second guy: YOU GOT RAPED??
Stampy: *looks away giggling*

p_stampy

Someone on their phone tonight was talking about how the 333 no longer exists...

Bus 400

This one is from my Gran:

On a northbound Intertown yesterday, the bus was waiting at Woden Interchange & this young lass asks the diver how long til he leaves (reply was half a minute) & then dashes off to call a friend or something like that. She returns, but another young lass tags along & follows her up the back of the bus & yells about wanting her mobile phone back. Toing & throwing continues for a bit, with a supervisor coming up & checking things out, he then runs back to his office. Eventually the second girl gets off & then first girl follows but abuses the driver for not doing anything & sitting on his so & so arse, the driver tels her NEVER to get ion his bus again. The bus then leaves a fair bit later then the original 30 seconds.

Now from what I can tell, the driver has done his job by getting in contact with the Supervisors. I'm not sure why the Police weren't called/didn't attend, but all I can think of is that the radio room was sorting it out, as the Supervisors have mobile phones to make calls.

p_stampy

Im sitting at woden interchange cosmy fkn podiatrist ws late.. anyway i heard "bro's before buses" .. ??

Anyhoo... I might just put my laptop away before some 12 yo kid who smokeing takes it off me..

bubzie

loudmouthed boy behind me: "yeah, i wanted to be a dad before i was 21.
loudmouthed girl also behind me: "..why?"
boy: "uh, because..it'd be..cool?"

also witnessed, chick gets on at london cct, another chick (who was already on the bus) hops up, runs to where the other one is paying the driver, has a full on make out session, and then hops off the bus.
(i'm still trying to work this one out!)

Also, witnessed in the interchange:
Girl: I need to catch the fucking 300?
Boy: But why?
Girl: I'm fucking freezing!!
*bus leaves*
Girl: It'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!!
Rest of interchange: ..wtf?

Snorzac

From a few weeks ago on a 300 at Woden:
Bogan Chick 1: {Walks onto bus without paying/putting a ticket in pushing pram}
Bogan Chick 2: Fights with driver as he is unable to sell her an off peak at 5pm
Bogan Chicks 3 and 4 follow
Clippy gets on: You girls need to keep your hands to yourselves.
Bogan Chick 1: But they were my cousins Brah
Clippy: You're on CCTV, the Police will be viewing it.
Driver leaves interchange
Bogan 1: oh shit brah, I'm on camera brah
Bogan 2: you should go on the run brah
Bogan 3: Maybe we should get this bus to charny brah, my cousin lives there, we can hide with him brah.
Bogan 1: nah brah, we need to get out of here brah, the cops will be after me brah
RANDOMLY STOPS FOR A FEW MINUTES
Bogan 1: I'm going on the run to Sydney brah
Bogan 2: oh yeah brah, we should all go brah
Bogan 1: when I am on the run I am having a baby brah, I need the money brah
Bogan 2: Great idea brah
ALL START SINGING A SONG WHERE EVERY SECOND WORD IS F or C
Driver: {Pulls up at Albert Hall and tells them all to get off}

Sir Pompously

Alrighty, who was on 407 today talking about hopper windows in scania's and old buses, and mentioned they called custom coaches to get them to put it in the newer buses (if it ain't in the contract, it will not happen)??? Come on guys, fess up!! Also apparently he can unload a truck in 40seconds, or something like that.

p_stampy

The other day a couple of chicks who'd just finished year 12 (which i worked out from other stuff) were wondering what to do when they got home.......

"I know!! Lets kill spiders!!!"

??

Buzz Killington

Quote from: p_stampy on November 26, 2010, 07:41:39 PM
The other day a couple of chicks who'd just finished year 12 (which i worked out from other stuff) were wondering what to do when they got home.......

"I know!! Lets kill spiders!!!"

??

Kids these days..

Is spiders slang for something or are they really killing spiders?

p_stampy

You're asking the wrong person, I'm almost twice their age  :P

Nah, I'm pretty sure they meant 8 legged spiders.. unfortunately.

p_stampy

This the other week when there was cricket on.

Dodgey Looking female "*mumblessomeones name* is out"
Dodgey looking guy "oh?"
... i thought they were talking about cricket
Dodgey Looking female "yeh, they must have gone to rehab!"

Bus 400

This was on a 900 this afternoon.

Firstly female (of some sort) pushes in the line waiting to board the bus in the City. Then says, "I've just got to find my ticket" & the driver lets her do that. She then sits down & starts to eat a mint pattie. As we are leaving the driver asks for her ticket & says he can't leave until he sees her ticket. To which she says just go & I'll find it, eventually she gives in & chucks $2 down & asks for a ticket & we drive off.

But that wasn't the end of it...

When we get to the Albert Hall stop, the driver yells out to those who had earlier requested this stop. Nobody gets off at first, so the female yells out "ALBERT HALL." Then as they get out we all hear "Get the f#^# off the bus". The driver responds with "You've got quite a mouth on you", to which we hear a mumbled response of I use it for other things as well. Next she asks everyone for a smoke & some other female gives her one. This new lady is apparently the bestest & has a personality. We then hear some bull about ACTION & routes actually meaning sexual things & the next ones hers. Then before we get into Woden she lights up the cigarette she was given.

Eventually we get into Woden & the female disembarks with her cigarette in her mouth. Sadly/luckily (for some) the Woden Transport Officers were out on another job in Weston Creek. But it all ended for us still on the bus at Woden.

bubzie

Three kids hop on with skateboards. Tried to tune them out.
overheard this.
"Yeah, he's in jail at the moment, but when he comes out, i'm gonna break his leg"