Intersection ‘changes’

Started by Stan butler, March 19, 2018, 05:16:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan butler

Has anyone noticed the bumps in the various intersections now where the light rail is going through?  By bumps, I mean the raise and drop in the road that the cars must now do to go over the concrete strips where the rails are installed.

One particular bad one is the northbourne/Wakefield ave intersection (the abc cnr).  I have seen unsuspecting cars and vans bottoming out on this intersection.   It won't be long that the concreting will be all chipped and cracked because of these actions.  Some Car drivers in the know are slowing down to a real crawl just to prevent damage to their cars now but alas, there is always someone wanting to speed through the intersection And they either bottom out or nearly take off.

So this will slow down traffic in many ways - and may lead to More frustration by some drivers.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Yeah, I noticed them crossing the intersection on foot the other day.

triumph

Quote from: Stan butler on March 19, 2018, 05:16:47 AM
One particular bad one is the Northbourne/Wakefield ave intersection (the abc cnr).  I have seen unsuspecting cars and vans bottoming out on this intersection.
Notice has been given of work next weekend to remove the road surface and consolidate a new pavement.