Christmas/New Year Timetable 2011/2012

Started by Irisbus Rider, December 05, 2011, 03:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

The timetable arrangements surrounding this years festive season has been released on the ACTION website.

The 'three days of Christmas timetable' (modified timetable) looks to mirror the timetable used last year.

However, I couldn't help but notice some contradictory information. On the ACTION webpage, it states that NYE will operate under the modified timetable, but the booklet states that NYE will operate under a standard Saturday timetable.
I for one, hope that the website is correct, as patronage on NYE would definately warrant a decent service, *not* a Saturday timetable......doubt it though.

Bus 400

I do wonder when the new parts of Gungahlin will actually get a Christmas bus service? Surely the 97 could run down Flemington Road then down Well Station Drive then to Palmerston.

Also interesting the 94 still takes that Deakin diversion along Stonehaven Crescent.

Also would it be Tuggeranong providing the Christmas buses this year?

The Love Guru

Think you'll find that both of those issues are from just copying last years timetables, hence modified timetable would have run 31st Dec last year as it was a Friday. This year it will be a Saturday timetable.

belcodriver

All buses are operating from Tuggy Depot but half the drivers are Belconnen drivers.

Previously on New Year's Eve especially if it's a Saturday or Sunday they've put on extra 900s.

Barry Drive

Posters have started appearing in buses - NYE is a Saturday timetable (plus double Nightrider).

Christmas Eve (while not a public holiday) looks like it will also be a regular Saturday timetable. Will there be enough drivers? Not that there's likely to be any passengers after 7pm if previous years are anything to go by.

smitho

Seeing this year's Christmas timetables made me think back to the days when a scaled back, post-Christmas timetable applied right through until around the 3rd week in January.

Does anyone know or recall when January became a 'normal' month as far as ACTION timetables are concerned (once the new year holidays are over)?
\

Barry Drive

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on December 05, 2011, 03:07:27 PM
On the ACTION webpage, it states that NYE will operate under the modified timetable, but the booklet states that NYE will operate under a standard Saturday timetable.
I for one, hope that the website is correct, as patronage on NYE would definately warrant a decent service, *not* a Saturday timetable......doubt it though.
Webpage has now been corrected. Saturday 31 Dec will use Saturday timetable.

Bus 400

I decided to catch the 94 Loop today (no life I know). We had a few people whine because the bus took forever to get where they wanted to.

For those who were wondering, the MyWay system was up & running. People were able to tag on & off, with the driver hitting transfer for every other boarding.

The timetables were stuck to the shelters/bollards, with a sign stuck to every shelter informing the public that Christmas buses leave from 1-2 & 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 25, 2011, 01:40:35 PM
For those who were wondering, the MyWay system was up & running. People were able to tag on & off, with the driver hitting transfer for every other boarding.
Could you tell if MyWay was deducting fares?

Bus 400