ACTION Logo

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, January 17, 2023, 04:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hate creating new posts to ask simple questions like this. But I've just spent the past 2 hours serching through the forum without any luck and the search bar wasn't helpful this time...

What is the font the old ACTION logo uses called?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Need an answer pretty soon please, this is a time-sensitive matter.

triumph

Is it possible to somehow get a good image of a logo character and search/compare it against font databases from the internet? Is there, or perhaps you could devise a way, to get the computer to do that? Photo image searches are already possible, so perhaps there is some way that can help. Just a thought, I have no idea if it is feasible.

Barry Drive

It's feasible, but it's dependant on a font invented in the 1970s (if not earlier) actually being available on an internet font database. There's a very high chance it isn't - particularly if it's a font that has been used rarely.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I've already tried that, either the sites don't recognise it or I have to pay to show more fonts that probably won't be it either. I know someone here knows it, but I suppose it's one of the bus drivers on here that's not really on here anymore.

triumph

Another possible resource is the National Library, especially if the paid database is Australian published. But I don't hold out much hope there for you. Worth an enquiry though.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I'll have a look, maybe at National Archives too or something similar.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I'm going mad because I could swear I've seen the logo used elsewhere (part from the intertown on the artics) and with all/most of the letters from its alphabet. I've looked at Trove, I've searched online for documents and pictures, I've even tried various font searching sites and other bus forums, but still nothing. My last resort is calling ArchivesACT with one record that appears to be it but of course they're closed on Mondays... Someone tells me King of Buses probably knows, but where is he when you need him lol.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on January 23, 2023, 03:17:35 PM(part from the intertown on the artics
My keyboard is annoying, that's suppose to say 'apart' from the intertown...

Sylvan Loves Buses

Welp whatever, too late now. Was rather hoping for my thing to be historically accurate.

On the other hand during my search I found a reference to something on ArchivesACT called 'Australian Capital Territory Internal Omnibus Network' - interestingly dated 1974. Dunno how big it is, but I have requested to read it. Will the logo font be mentioned? Who knows, but I'm thinking it should be an interesting read regardless.