Services for Ginninderra Heights

Started by Buzz Killington, April 20, 2014, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

I drove through Totterdell Street the other day, and noted a bus stop pole (but no blade) along the way. I'd no doubt seen it before, but it has been a long time since I've gone through there (mainly because there's no need to).

I ran a search on the site and found that in Network 1997, loops 403 and 404 serviced the street, but no other mentions. Does anyone know of any other routes that went through here, or why it was cut from the network? The obvious answer would be proximity to the town centre, but the road is quite narrow so perhaps safety concerns played a part.

I only saw the one former bus-stop on the street, but presumably there were more.

(Wikipedia tells me that Totterdell Street is part of the 'Ginninderra Heights' development - I'd not seen the name used elsewhere but I'll assume it's accurate)

smitho

I understand that the district of Belconnen (not the suburb of Belconnen) was to have been called "Ginninderra" before the name Belconnen was adopted; from memory, "Belconnen" was a station property in the district.