Nightrider?

Started by Irisbus Rider, November 28, 2009, 11:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

It just occured to me, we're approach the party season, and haven't yet heard anything about Nightrider this year........

From memory, it operated every Friday and Saturday night in December, the first of which is coming up next week.

So, am I simply impatient, or has it been canned?

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

How does John know about Nightrider? His mum doesn't let him out after dark!

Barry Drive

Nightrider will operate for the two weekends before Christmas and on New Years Eve. I think this is the same as last year.

Buzz Killington

It's a shame that the service has been scaled back in recent years. It really is a good alternative to taxis and may even keep some drink drivers off the roads.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Buzz Killington on November 28, 2009, 11:28:14 AM
How does John know about Nightrider? His mum doesn't let him out after dark!
Lolz.

Thanks for the info Martin, good to know it hasn't been phased out.
It really has so much potential, and I'd love to see it grow and develop into something that would be more permanent.

smitho

Quote from: Martin on November 28, 2009, 01:02:52 PM
Nightrider will operate for the two weekends before Christmas and on New Years Eve. I think this is the same as last year.
Yes, that's correct in 2008 it was Fri/Sat nights 12 Dec - 20 Dec, plus New Year's Eve. Service frequencies were every 90 minutes except on New Year's Eve, when they were every 45 minutes.

Buzz Killington

Some interesting results so far on our website poll - the question is "Would you like to see an expanded Nightrider service?"

So far, 90% say "No", 10% say "Yes, all summer"

Buzz Killington

The Timetable can be found here. Friday and Saturday nights between the 11th and 19th of December, and New Years Eve.

Ten bucks a ride, no concessions.

Any of you drivers putting your hand up for this? :)

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 02, 2009, 09:18:37 PM
No, but I have volunteered for Christmas Day. But so have many others so I may not get a shift. More than likely I will do New Years Day.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 02, 2009, 09:18:37 PM

I've decided not to put my hand up for any prior to Christmas this year, but may volunteer for new year's eve if they are short.
They're an interesting detail to work ....

belcodriver

Buzz Killington

What's worse - a busload of noisy, red cordial swilling kids or a bus load of noisy, intoxicated 18-24 year olds?

belcodriver

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 04, 2009, 10:08:00 PM
What's worse - a busload of noisy, red cordial swilling kids or a bus load of noisy, intoxicated 18-24 year olds?

The latter. Schoolkids are pretty unlikely to take a swing at you unlike drunks who all think they should be taken home first.

bubzie

so, by the powers of mobile technology, im writing this from 385. This is grand fun. (kudos to the driver with the american accent btw!)