Lake memorial and the view riding past the lake

Started by Rioter, November 29, 2010, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rioter

Hi ACTbus community - I'm interested to know what people think of the huge proposed lake war memorials for WWI and WWII  at the base of Anzac Parade.

Riding along from Russell Offices towards the roundabout there's great views across the lake. The proposed war memorials are massive - and I think they are duplicating the war memorial itself, and will wreck the views for passersby and also the view up Anzac Parade from Parliament House. 

What do Canberrans think?

Sir

I think there fine, atleast there pushed over out of the way.

Sir Pompously

Personally I think they look great. There is still ample space inbetween the memorials, and it seems as though they are pushed so far to the side they will be inline with the tree line of Anzac Parade instead of blocking the view. They will add to the "lakescape", and add to the great memorials already inplace along Anzac Parade.

Busnerd

I believe they are out of the way yet compliment the landscape already in place, im all for it

p_stampy

Do you have a bigger pic?

Is this is what the roadworks for 5 months is about?

smitho

Rioter

Quote from: p_stampy on November 30, 2010, 12:18:55 PM
Do you have a bigger pic?

Is this is what the roadworks for 5 months is about?

There's supposed to be all the info on the NCA website but it seems to be a bit hidden. Also, it was run on Stateline ACT  hopefully someone will Youtube it. there's a forum lakewarmemorialsforum.org which might have links.