Network feedback

Started by Barry Drive, December 16, 2007, 02:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

I've previously posted this on ATDB, but thought I'd put it here as well.

This is my formal feedback to ACTION about the proposed Network '08 http://members.dodo.com.au/~martinlawrence/2network08.rtf

Has any other forum member submitted feedback? If so, what was your suggestion / complaint?

Buzz Killington

i havent taken a very in-depth look at things, but i did put a few suggestions on ACT BUS before the network was released.

Bus 400

I actually think that ACTION are slowly going back to the good old days by:

-Terminating most bus routes at major shopping centers/interchanges-rather then in the suburbs (Route 4/12/13/14/15/26 exception).
-Reintroducing some old services (1980's I'm talking about).
-Increasing the frequency.
-Reintroducing peakhour express services.
-Jumbled up numbering system (preNetwork '98).
-Bringing back singular route numbers for North & South Canberra (last seen 1960's).

But for the services that they can't look back on (Casey/Bonner/Forde/Franklin). They are doing all right in, for example altering Route 51 so that it runs the full length on Horse Park Drive between Gungahlin Drive & Arrabi Street (now those bus stops can get used). This will mean that in the next few years as Casey is built, the 51 can be slightly altered to accomadate for the new residents. This can also be done with Route 59 for Bonner & Forde. But Routes 4/5 aren't going tio work in Gungahlin. Route 50 easily could run through Palmerston & Route 5 could run through Franklin & Mitchell. With Route 4 going through Harrison & onto AGSO.

Bus 400

We are no longer able to give ACTION suggestions on Network '08. Lets hope that we ALL have been listened to & changes are made.

Buzz Killington

they would have taken all submissions seriously, but its simply not possible to please everybody

especially if they live on the other sideo f the country

Bus 400

Don't you mean everybody? They can please anybody by doing the 1 thing that someone suggested.

Buzz Killington

i think its fairly obvious what i meant

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 22, 2007, 11:44:26 PM
-Bringing back singular route numbers for North & South Canberra (last seen 1960's).
To nit-pick for a moment - singular route numbers were not last seen in the 1960's. For South Canberra, routes 1, 2, 3 & 6 were re-numbered in 1979 (to become 350, 351, 352 and 353). They are now routes 35, 36 & 38. Route 9 (Pearce, Torrens) survived well into the 1980's.

I'm hoping that some sanity will prevail and that single-digit route numbers will not be used. But, like the rest of these changes, we will just have to wait and see.

Busnerd

I saw a bit of paper in a plastic sleeve stuck inside a shelter in Dickson today reading something along the lines of

'NETWORK 08'

'From april 28 next year, the 48 service will not operate. To send feedback/complain contact ACTION. WE NEED A BUS TO BELCONNEN!"

or something along those lines..Dickson living, Belconnen employed vigilantes me thinks

Irisbus Rider

Damn right, Mitchell has been absolutely disregarded with this new network, rather dissapointing.

Busnerd

Huh? I Didn't even mention mitchell..

Buzz Killington

well the 48 does go through it..

bubzie

we have a thinige like that in half of the bus stops in calwell and isabella plains (and i think theodore..should check that out..) about how the 769 and 768 is getting cut, and some politition promised that he'd fix up bus services in tuggeranong and he hasnt, and we should all complain to action, and general ranting like that.

it was probly written by someone who works in civic and doesnt like change or something.

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

Quote from: Busnerd on January 13, 2008, 09:11:03 PM
..Dickson living, Belconnen employed vigilantes me thinks

Dickson will have a bus to Belconnen, it will be the 37 (80), 30 & 31. It proprably is someone who is upset that there is no bus to the Ainsile Football Club (or whatever one is on Wakefield Avenue).

Bus 400

Quote from: bubzie on January 15, 2008, 11:10:02 AM
we have a thinige like that in half of the bus stops in calwell and isabella plains (and i think theodore..should check that out..)
To my knowledge, Theodore loses the Chippindale Loop & a section of Lawernece Wackett Circuit.

about how the 769 and 768 is getting cut, and some politition promised that he'd fix up bus services in tuggeranong and he hasnt,
He has made Tuggeranong services better by streamlibing them. If the bus stop had an average of less then 5 people per day (catching normal routes). Then the stop will be deleted to save on fuel costs so that Tuggeranong has a BBP Xpresso.

Irisbus Rider

The 37 will go to Northbourne Av, not Dickson town centre; there's a 5 minute walk difference there.

Bus 400

Irisbus Rider

Yes, it is a 5 minute walk for the 30./31.
???

bubzie

oh come on..it does not take 5 minutes to walk from northbourne av to dickson town centre...

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 16, 2008, 11:52:35 PM
we have a thinige like that in half of the bus stops in calwell and isabella plains (and i think theodore..should check that out..)
To my knowledge, Theodore loses the Chippindale Loop & a section of Lawernece Wackett Circuit.
no. thats not what i'm talking about. i'm talking about, i should check if some of the bus stops (know what they are?!?!?) in theodore (suburb in tuggeranong!!) have a piece of paper (versitile little things, offten have words on them) that has some public servent (what quite alot of people in canberra do for a living) that works in civic (big place in middle of canberra) and probly had her period (girl thing!) at the time wrote. I didnt mention anything about losing chippindale or lawerence wackett.

Buzz Killington

hahaha bus 400 owned.

sound like another girl is on her.... actually, i think i'll be quiet now :)