Bus Priority Lights

Started by seat cover, March 20, 2009, 02:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seat cover

I know of the B lights on Northbourne Ave, where are other B lights?

Buzz Killington

Drakeford/taverner (southbound)
drakeford/athllon
hindmarsh/athllon
belconnen/gungahlin

Bus 400

Irisbus Rider

College St onto Haydon Dr.
Belconnen Way/Gungahlin Dr Extension.
Flemington Rd onto Northbourne Av.

I'm sure there's a few more on the Southside.

Bus 400

Weston Creek doesn't have any, Woden Valley only has the 1, Tuggeranong/Lanyon Valley only really have lights in Tuggeranong TC & Drakeford & none from Bonython south. South Canberra doesn't have any at all.

Just to note at Belconnen Way/Gungahlin Dr Intersection only City Bound has a B priority signal. Belconnen Bound only has a bus lane.

belcodriver

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 20, 2009, 06:54:44 PM
Weston Creek doesn't have any, Woden Valley only has the 1, Tuggeranong/Lanyon Valley only really have lights in Tuggeranong TC & Drakeford & none from Bonython south. South Canberra doesn't have any at all.

Just to note at Belconnen Way/Gungahlin Dr Intersection only City Bound has a B priority signal. Belconnen Bound only has a bus lane.

Which can be quite scary when the lights change just as the bus is nearing them. A couple of times I've come through there just as the lights change and cars have tried to change lanes into the bus because they assumed it was still clear. Much honking and muttering ensued.

Bus 400

With the resealing on Belconnen Way they have fixed this up by painting yellow dotted lines right across & an unbroken line for a metre or so after the intersection. By then you should of noticed a big orange or green thing on your right & the bus should of slowed down in prep for the Haydon Dr lights.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on March 20, 2009, 06:51:21 PM
Flemington Road intersects with Federal Highway, not Northbourne. (I know: life, get one.)

Buzz Killington

lol, i did notice that but cbf pointing it out

belcodriver

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 21, 2009, 10:41:39 AM
With the resealing on Belconnen Way they have fixed this up by painting yellow dotted lines right across & an unbroken line for a metre or so after the intersection. By then you should of noticed a big orange or green thing on your right & the bus should of slowed down in prep for the Haydon Dr lights.

You'd think people would notice the bus but the number of near misses is evidence that many don't.

There's no need to start slowing down at GDE in preparation for the Haydon Dr lights.

Bus 400

I mean that after GDE that you aren't doing 80k's.

belcodriver

Quote from: TP 3000 on March 22, 2009, 11:58:26 AM

Given that I'm me and you're not I can confidently declare that my buses still do 80ks after the GDE.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: Martin on March 21, 2009, 06:16:48 PM
Quote from: Irisbus Rider on March 20, 2009, 06:51:21 PM
Flemington Road intersects with Federal Highway, not Northbourne. (I know: life, get one.)
Ha ha, nah, thats alright, but yeah, you are right, thanks for clarifying that one.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: belcodriver on March 22, 2009, 06:48:57 PM
Quote from: TP 3000 on March 22, 2009, 11:58:26 AM

Given that I'm me and you're not I can confidently declare that my buses still do 80ks after the GDE.

LOL