Darts based at Tuggeranong

Started by triumph, March 12, 2016, 04:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

triumph

Question: What routes/services are Tuggeranong Darts likely to be found? (Preferably towards N Canberra.) Or is it fairly random?

King of Buses

Quote from: triumph on March 12, 2016, 04:17:19 PM
Question: What routes/services are Tuggeranong Darts likely to be found? (Preferably towards N Canberra.) Or is it fairly random?

There are shifts allocated 'midi'. These are where the Darts are found. There is only 3 or 4 Tuggeranong Dart trips that venture out north though with maybe 10 or so other trips south of the lake where T Darts run. That said, not all 'midi' shifts get run by Darts all the time. There is the occasional dart on other shifts too...
But that's true of pretty much all bus types...

Bus 503

There is a route 3 which gets a Tuggeranong Dart and travels into the City at around 8:20am from Woden. After it finishes its route at Cohen Street, it operates a route 3 back the other way.

There also used to be a Tuggeranong Dart which would operate on the route 1 from Dickson Shops at around 7:50, but the shift now receives standard buses.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I have often been seeing them on the 21-24 routes during the day lately, as well as a 64 and 65 in the afternoon around 4-5pm ish.

I'll keep my eye out for them more for you next week, cause they are still around, but I think they're only really used down south. Oh, and I have a contact in My Way Admin who has a device that is capable of actually identifying what routes a particular bus had been on; I've, been meaning to talk with him again, would you like me to ask him info about the dart locations too?

triumph

Thank you for all the replies. Sylvan Loves Buses suggests the contact in Action Admin could be asked about device. Seems a good idea to clarify what it is and does.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on March 12, 2016, 05:37:59 PM
Oh, and I have a contact in My Way Admin who has a device that is capable of actually identifying what routes a particular bus had been on; I've, been meaning to talk with him again, would you like me to ask him info about the dart locations too?
A "device"? Called a "computer" I assume.

Anyway, feel free to ask. But also feel free to NOT publish it on this forum. Such information collected by ACTION should only be used and disseminated by ACTION. Different for any information collected in person.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I don't know what he used, probably some sort of computer program, idk. And what you're saying there, do you mean it would be better if I PM-ed triumph or something?

triumph

Sorry, if Action device is internal, then obviously shouldn't be published. I had guessed it might be a published app of some sort which, in that case, would have been ok.

Busfanatic101

Don't some of the 3rd party transit apps allow you to search by bus number?

Sylvan Loves Buses

I wouldn't know...

So I'm guessing by the feedback I'm getting, I'll just look out for the darts myself. So far, like, last week, I saw 156, 135, 141 or something, saw quite a few, on the routes I mentioned above

King of Buses

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on March 13, 2016, 10:59:52 PM
So I'm guessing by the feedback I'm getting, I'll just look out for the darts myself. So far, like, last week, I saw 156, 135, 141 or something, saw quite a few, on the routes I mentioned above

Only 135 is in service out of those three...

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on March 13, 2016, 10:41:16 PM
Don't some of the 3rd party transit apps allow you to search by bus number?

No. But they do display fleet numbers (when everything is working properly) and it is possible to search the whole network for a certain vehicle/type such as for example, 148, 145, 151, 490, 565, etc.... Just finding what it will do next is the problem.

All I will contribute based off what I've experienced is that a southbound route 3 from Cohen St after 0900 is a Dart from Tugg. And yes, there a number of 23/24s which are T Darts both around 0900-1100 and 1600-1800 plus a few Tuggeranong and Weston Creek Runs. Even a 56 and a 58 at some point too...

Belco Darts live on 14s, 15s, 16s, 17s and 7s most of the time with a few other runs too.

Once again, these are all my observations and *may* be incorrect.. 

triumph

Thanks all. Caught up with 135 on rte 24 on Wed afternoon. (148 and 151 hopefully one day.)

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well I know  ... the 65 to Tuggeranong which departs from plt. 12 at 5 pm  ... [is operated by a Dart], hope this helps in some way!

(Edited by moderator to comply with forum rules)