Retrofit Destination Displays

Started by p_stampy, December 21, 2010, 08:46:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Quote from: ajw373 on September 25, 2011, 08:40:57 AM
In town the other day I saw a PR100.2 that may well need a new desto soon. The one in it appeared to be only held in at the top, so when the bus stopped and then took off the whole screen swung backwards and forwards a few times. Cannot recall the fleet number, but think it was one of the early MKII's in the 870's (maybe 875).

I do recall there being a bus with a swinging desto a few years back, probably the same one, me and Irisbus Rider used to get a giggle out of seeing it nearly hit the glass every time the bus came to a stop but I couldn't remember which bus it was...

Kramden

Quote from: Metrobus on September 25, 2011, 09:08:09 AM
I think most of the Alcatels are nearing the end of their life. The question is will they invest the money to replace them with LEDs.

I hope they can find a few $$ to refit at least some of them.  As a commuter I often found the Alcatels in MkIIs often difficult to read at a distance, on a moving bus.

The refit of 946 is bright and clear.  I think it does a good job.

smitho

Quote from: 743 on September 25, 2011, 07:11:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if 948 is in line for a new board. Spotted it on a school run in Ainslie the other day. It was happily going along as SCHOOL BUS 613 but then suddenly scrolled to a very distorted VIA NARRABUNDAH 5 (with dots all over the place, I could only just make out what it said!) before going back to SCHOOL BUS 613  :pop:

Know what you mean - I've had a 900 series bus recently that was showing my No. 28 Weston-Woden service running 'via Calwell'....interesting!

Bus 400

Expect a few more to be replaced in the next year. I have been told the destination boards are being scrapped, with their parts being used on the other buses. As these older destination boards can no longer be bought.
So much like the situation with the old Wayfarer ticket machines.

Kramden

Quote from: Metrobus on September 25, 2011, 09:08:09 AM
I think most of the Alcatels are nearing the end of their life. The question is will they invest the money to replace them with LEDs.

Indeed.  And not a moment too soon.  I had 964 during the week for a route 59.  It showed Gungahlin via 'Forbes'.  Hmmm, pity for the folks waiting for my bus in the western NSW town of Forbes.  964 has a bike rack therefore, 'no donut' for Forbes.   ACTION are not allowed to put buses with racks on NSW roads.  LOL!

Bus 400

That was programmed into that desto file for all MkII Renault in Network 2010. Since it takes forever for every MkII Renault I think ACTION are going to leave it how it is until Network 2012 (or whenever new routes are finally introduced to Gungahlin).

Snorzac

The .3s do Forbes as well, just not on all the files.

smitho

Had 859 yesterday - digits on its desto must've been recycled from a very, very old bus - the white bits were badly stained and discoloured to the point where a punter commented that it was very hard to read them, even at short distance.

Kramden

I had a Belco Mk 1 a few weeks ago, can't remember which one it was.  Anyhow, the side centre digit was so grubby and not quite visible so I wiped it over with a damp paper towel on the required number and that brought it up to at least re-able level for the route I was undertaking.

King of Buses

Snorzac

As discussed on the previous page...

Barry Drive

As CNG has mentioned, 917 has been fitted with a Hanover LED display.

Buzz Killington

127 has recently been fitted with a Hanover LED display.

King of Buses

Bus 400

Correct Merv319

Bus 400

Spotted Bus 128 entering City West with a newHanover LED display this afternoon.

Buzz Killington

Saw that on a school run yesterday morning.

Barry Drive

The Hanover destos will interface with the new RTPIS system - this may be why they are being fitted now.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 01, 2012, 03:02:21 PM
The Hanover destos will interface with the new RTPIS system - this may be why they are being fitted now.
That makes sense. I would presume that the screens found in some MAN vehicles will also be fitted, as they are all integrated with the Hanover display! And it will eventually make it much easier for ACTION to have one brand of destination display, programming will be made easier and a lot better for drivers to only have to use one type of controller (unless they change it)!

Buzz Killington

Zac reported earlier in the week that 886 now has an LED desto.

Buzz Killington

976 is the latest convert to LED

Snorzac

104 now with an LED desto...ex 130 maybe?

Buzz Killington

Spotted 883 with an LED desto on Monday

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Not all of our users are Twitter users - we document items on both twitter and the website (also makes it easier for us to search items)

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on March 19, 2014, 09:42:57 PM
875 seems to have a non-operational desto.

Has been going into service (on concession) just with pieces of A4 paper stuck to the windscreen, displaying the relevant route number (printed off a PC, so it stands out OK in daylight).
875 received a Hanover LED in late April.

Barry Drive

And 926 has been upgraded: the first PR100.2 at Belconnen Depot with Hanover LED.

Snorzac

Spotted 919 with a new desto yesterday

King of Buses

Quote from: Captain Skybed on September 12, 2014, 11:18:44 AM
Spotted 919 with a new desto yesterday

919 was running around Tuggers Bus Stn a couple of times this morning with the new 'bus full' sign up (it was empty in reality). Then it was out on a 171 this arvo (as can be seen below)

Barry Drive

131 seen in service with Hanover LED.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 22, 2014, 06:20:48 PM
131 seen in service with Hanover LED.

I think that 131 has had its Hanover for around the same amount of time as 126, 127 and 129...

Barry Drive

If you think that, then you'd be wrong.

Can't give a definite date, but saw 131 with Southport flip dot about one month ago.

Snorzac

It would have been the Thursday of the first week of the network iirc  :P

King of Buses

Oops. Must've been thinking of 130...sorry about that. Does that mean all PR3a's (excluding prototype 113) have Hanovers?

King of Buses

908 now has a Hanover LED...and rainbow seat covers

Buzz Killington

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 13, 2015, 08:24:27 PM
981 has been fitted.

You beat me to it...the driver of it this arvo was kind enough to tell me... ::)

King of Buses

It was reported on twitter that 151 has a Hanover LED. I don't have twitter but if I did I'd mention 151 didn't have one this morning...

Buzz Killington

Quote from: King of Buses on February 19, 2015, 08:52:29 PM
It was reported on twitter that 151 has a Hanover LED. I don't have twitter but if I did I'd mention 151 didn't have one this morning...

Hence why we asked for sightings. Thanks for the confirmation.

King of Buses

The only T darts I didn't see (other than 147 which already has one) was 150 so maybe it could be that one...will keep an eye out. Probably just confusing 147 as a different one though...

Buzz Killington

Report has been updated - either 115 or 105.

King of Buses

Buzz Killington

King of Buses

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 20, 2015, 08:08:19 PM
I'm told it's 115.

119 now has a Hanover LED. It was doing what 311 used to do though...
Not sure about 115 though...I haven't seen it around for ages...

Barry Drive

Yes - 115 is confirmed.

311 has a Mobitec, so don't know what you are referring to.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 24, 2015, 09:17:42 AM
311 has a Mobitec, so don't know what you are referring to.

Sorry, get it now. The sign on 119 was a squished up not in service in the corner like 311 used to do with everything...I know they are different types of destos but the thing it was doing was similar...

Barry Drive

912 has been done recently. (Saw it today.)