Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread

Started by Buzz Killington, May 14, 2009, 06:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

During the week at Woden Interchange, spotted the supervisor removing the rear engine cover from 155 and placing it inside the bus, which promptly left the interchange (presumably returning to the depot). Believe the route (22?) was covered by the van.

Buzz Killington

712 broke down on Athllon Dr on the final Raiders shuttle from Tuggeranong this afternoon - from what I heard it was leaking something.

There were three shuttles doing Tugg-Woden-City-Bruce, operated by 721, 518 and 712. I believe 718 was sent out to replace 712.

A Renault Artic (almost certainly 721) broke down at Bruce Stadium. They didn't have any other choice than to get everyone off 721 and pack them into 718.

Didn't have a good look at what Belconnen sent out but I did see 506, a steer tag and an MAN.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 24, 2013, 10:21:09 PM
712 broke down on Athllon Dr on the final Raiders shuttle from Tuggeranong this afternoon - from what I heard it was leaking something.

There were three shuttles doing Tugg-Woden-City-Bruce, operated by 721, 518 and 712. I believe 718 was sent out to replace 712.

A Renault Artic (almost certainly 721) broke down at Bruce Stadium. They didn't have any other choice than to get everyone off 721 and pack them into 718.

Didn't have a good look at what Belconnen sent out but I did see 506, a steer tag and an MAN.

That is odd that Tuggy Depot didn't send out Scania artics to cover all the Bruce shuttles...may be they were already in use somewhere else, or on the bricks.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on March 25, 2013, 12:36:40 PM
That is odd that Tuggy Depot didn't send out Scania artics to cover all the Bruce shuttles...may be they were already in use somewhere else, or on the bricks.

I figured they just took whatever was parked up front.

smitho

They tend to segregate the Scanias from the Renaults if possible.

Bus 400

Bus 443 was involved in a collision this morning involving a Honda sedan. The collision occurred at the intersection of Alinga Street & West Row just before 9am.
WIN News reports that a women & her 9 month old were flung forward during the collision & were taken to hospital. The footage shows a dent in the Honda & the front right corner of 443 was ripped off during the removal of bus. It is also mentioned that the Honda driver is likely to face charges.

Bus 400

A photo has been tweeted of Bus 404, with what looks like belts hanging out.

Buzz Killington

I saw it on Thursday arvo in the City, being attended to by the mechanics.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on March 27, 2013, 06:40:36 PM
Bus 443 was involved in a collision this morning involving a Honda sedan. The collision occurred at the intersection of Alinga Street & West Row just before 9am.
443 was in service yesterday.

Bus 400

Bus 481 was towed to the back of Tuggeranong Depot on Friday night.

Barry Drive

992 currently out of service due to a front desto failure. Too soon to know whether it will be the first B PR100.3 with a Hanover.

Barry Drive

992 now back in service with a fully working flip-dot.

Barry Drive

Bus 317 was responsible for this evening's oil/diesel spill on College St.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on May 16, 2013, 07:54:14 PM
Bus 317 was responsible for this evening's oil/diesel spill on College St.

LOL. I saw the tweet from ACTP and thought to myself "wonder if that was an iris or a steer tag.."

Anyone know what the incident was on Haydon Dr southbound? Couple of tweets from ACTION said they were diverting southbound services via Eastern Valley.

Barry Drive

Bus started leaking on the way up the hill towards UC, finally died in Eardley St.

College St (outbound) was closed to buses to enable the spill to be cleaned.

Barry Drive

Bus 514 has returned to service after some forced body repairs.

Buzz Killington

986 has moved from the spot it has been in for the past few weeks.. perhaps the bellows have been repaired?

Bus 400

Having been replaced with Bus 156 which is missing its front destination equipment.

Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington

Looked as though 123 was broken down at Woden this evening.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 23, 2012, 05:55:05 PM
Bus 101 caught alight while on Lawrence Wackett Crescent, Theodore while on a 11 to Woden. The Fire Brigade was called at 15:57.
Nearly one year later, Bus 101 has been repaired and will return to service very soon.

Barry Drive

502 has returned to service after a few months off the road. Like many of its sisters, it has had the bus stop system modified to be a wired system. I suspect all of the wireless buses will eventually be converted.

Bus 400

Someone has Tweeted a picture of Bus 324 in Sydney. One would suspect it was sent off to Customs for.....something or other..

Lachie

Does Any One Know If 934 Got Any Damage After The Crash And If Its In Service?

Barry Drive

^ Damage was mainly contained to the bike rack. New bike rack fitted, bus was back in service next day.

Bus 400

Bus 100 was broken down on Adelaide Avenue just over the State Circle overpass.

King of Buses

BUS.134 went into typical dart mode today on McBryde Cres around 3.10  >:D - Not sure about the run it was doing, desto was off.

Buzz Killington

I spotted it in the City this morning with a mechanic behind the wheel.

Snorzac

Passed 338 on William Hovell Dr under tow!

Buzz Killington

I saw it being towed down Ginninderra Dr past Charnwood about 6.45

Buzz Killington

First Iris fail of the season? There was one parked at Woden with its rear engine door open, had 312 on the desto. Was either 307 or 317.

The Love Guru

They have a season they fail in? As far as I'm aware they are very consistent and fail on a regular basis.

Ed

QuoteThey have a season they fail in? As far as I'm aware they are very consistent and fail on a regular basis.

Even that is an understatement.

Bus 400

It's the season of SAWS (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring).

Buzz Killington

Haha. Yeah I meant the warmer weather but point taken.

Bus 400

Reports on Twitter are that Buses 301 & 308 broke down in Gungahlin.

The Love Guru

King of Buses

484 died today on Drakeford Dr after Woodcock Dr. It was operating a 318 and it had the breakdown truck there at around 3.30ish

Snorzac

103 had a collision with what appeared to be a tarago which reversed out of a driveway into it's path whilst on a southbound 2, damage was pretty limited to the nearside front, smashed headlight and a dent, the same can't be said for the tarago.

Barry Drive

That's fortunate: it's the opposite side to where 130 was damaged. Should have no problem finding parts.

Bus 400

On it's trip to being returned to Tuggeranong Depot this morning, Bus 494 was broken down on the side of the Tuggeranong Parkway (southbound).

smitho

Noticed last weekend that 371 had some fairly noticeable rear end collision damage; has been parked on the Tuggeranong bricks close to 517.

Barry Drive

smitho

327 and 359 are in for body repairs.

Snorzac

341 seen broken on Coulter Dr this afternoon, 507 seen on tow later in the evening

The Love Guru

308 had an engine bay fire earlier today. Damage appears to be mostly superficial. Shouldn't take too long to get it back on the road.

The Love Guru

508 was loaded on to the tow truck at Gundaroo Dr this morning. Unsure of the failure but was a sight to see the Mack tow truck blowing Mammoth amounts of weed trying to climb Cohen St with 508 on the back.

smitho

Quote from: The Love Guru on February 14, 2014, 09:25:18 AM
508 was loaded on to the tow truck at Gundaroo Dr this morning. Unsure of the failure but was a sight to see the Mack tow truck blowing Mammoth amounts of weed trying to climb Cohen St with 508 on the back.

Yes...would've made a good photo.

Buzz Killington

Ute vs Bus accident at Cohen St/Westfield Statiom stop sign this morning, closing Platform 2 at Westfield.

The ute had some decent front end damage while the bus (950) appeared to have very minor damage, mainly to the bike rack.

smitho

875 seems to have a non-operational desto.

Has been going into service (on concession) just with pieces of A4 paper stuck to the windscreen, displaying the relevant route number (printed off a PC, so it stands out OK in daylight).