Network 14.1

Started by Barry Drive, March 07, 2015, 11:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

.... is coming. Official announcement expected soon. Maybe next week.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on March 07, 2015, 11:38:17 AM
.... is coming. Official announcement expected soon. Maybe next week.

Spoiler alert: Some interesting changes are coming...

Bus 503

Because of the new Scania's, I think there might be some more routes which will be wheelchair accessible.

lukeo25

I hope that the 88 continues going through Hume and has more trips through there of a morning & during the day  (I need it for getting to & from work, I work in Hume now).

King of Buses

As with every ACTION network, many people will be disappointed...it will not be any different this time...

Quote from: Bus 503 on March 07, 2015, 01:25:31 PM
Because of the new Scania's, I think there might be some more routes which will be wheelchair accessible.

::)

Quote from: lukeo25 on March 07, 2015, 03:20:46 PM
I hope that the 88 continues going through Hume and has more trips through there of a morning & during the day  (I need it for getting to & from work, I work in Hume now).

I've never seen an 88 with more than 5 people on it...many a time has it been just myself.

King of Buses, what is your source for your claims?

How can you claim especially that people will be disappointed?

The Love Guru

It's ACTION. They have set a precedent 743

King of Buses

Quote from: The Love Guru on March 07, 2015, 08:37:51 PM
It's ACTION. They have set a precedent 743

That's one explanation...and probably the most accurate too.

Quote from: 743 on March 07, 2015, 05:20:29 PM
King of Buses, what is your source for your claims?

I sent you a PM.

Barry Drive

Quote from: lukeo25 on March 07, 2015, 03:20:46 PM
Don't think there will be any more 88s - it will continue much the same as now. I have discovered though that a few runs will stop at AMC in both directions, although most will stop outbound from Woden only.

Quote from: King of Buses on March 07, 2015, 12:06:30 PM
Spoiler alert: Some interesting changes are coming...
Not sure there's a lot of change, other than fixing up the timetables. (So yeah, people expecting more services to their area during peak will continue to be disappointed.) And I'm not aware of much that can be called "interesting", either.

Barry Drive

Details have been released. Start date is 18 May.

http://t.co/KVZtbEX7oZ

A few more changes than I was expecting. Here are all the route changes I could find:

9 : will travel to ADFA main loop then come back the same way, rather than use Northcott Dr
23 / 24: no longer services Ainsworth St, Phillip - travels past Canberra Hospital (Yamba Dr) in both directions
51 / 251 : changed to Burramurra Av/Jabanungga Av instead of Horse Park Dr
252 : early AM services extend to COC
61 : extended into Erindale Centre
64 : extended into Erindale Centre
164 : new route (1 run each way daily)
200 : Northbound routes commence at Fyshwick Park & Ride
717 : adds Aranda, Jamison and Macquarie
775 : extended to continue through Gordon (following rte 18)

And there will be no weekend changes.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 02, 2015, 10:31:36 AM

Does this mean no weekend shift or allocation changes too?

And why was it just some of the 252s extended to Fyshwick and not the rest? And why not also 251, 255 and 259? Seems a bit silly...and confusing  ???

The Love Guru

I'm going to guess it's due to no 200s running early in the morning. Only need to extend 1 run. The extension will be for city to COC commuters and hence they only need 1 run to do. Would be a compete waste of resources to send every bus all the way out to Fyshwick carrying fresh air.

As for the weekends, if there are no changes then it's safe to say no new shifts.

Skitube

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 02, 2015, 10:31:36 AM
Details have been released. Start date is 18 May.

http://t.co/KVZtbEX7oZ

A few more changes than I was expecting. Here are all the route changes I could find:

9 : will travel to ADFA main loop then come back the same way, rather than use Northcott Dr
23 / 24: no longer services Ainsworth St, Phillip - travels past Canberra Hospital (Yamba Dr) in both directions
51 / 251 : changed to Burramurra Av/Jabanungga Av instead of Horse Park Dr
252 : early AM services extend to COC
61 : extended into Erindale Centre
64 : extended into Erindale Centre
164 : new route (1 run each way daily)
200 : Northbound routes commence at Fyshwick Park & Ride
717 : adds Aranda, Jamison and Macquarie
775 : extended to continue through Gordon (following rte 18)

there is some inconsistency between route maps and the network map, e.g. 775. not sure which one is correct at the moment
a few timetables are also unavailable, but i expect them to be available soon

Buzz Killington

Changes according to the ACTION website:

* Extended evening Blue Rapid services through the Tuggeranong Bus Station to Lanyon, reducing the requirement for passengers to interchange.
* Later morning peak Xpresso services provide better direct options to the City for residents in Isabella Plains, Calwell, Richardson, Chisholm and Gilmore, including Park & Ride facilities at the Calwell and Chisholm shops.
* Extended evening Blue Rapid services through the Tuggeranong Bus Station to Lanyon, eliminating the requirement for passengers to interchange.
*Routes 61 and 64 will now service Erindale Shopping Centre, providing direct access to Erindale for residents in Monash, Oxley and Wanniassa. This change also ensures more buses, more often during the day between Erindale and Woden.
* Route 161 will have an additional AM peak service, increasing direct services to the City for Oxley and Wanniassa residents.
* Route 164 will be introduced for AM and PM peak, providing a direct service to the City for Kambah, Monash and Wanniassa residents.
* A new, later Xpresso route 726, servicing areas of Weston Creek and Cooleman Court directly to the City.
* Enhanced connections from Weston Creek and Cooleman Court to the 791 and 792 Xpresso services that travel into the Parliamentary Triangle.
* Routes 767 and 765 have been moved later in the morning peak to provide better direct options to the City for residents in Isabella Plains, Calwell, Richardson, Chisholm and Gilmore, including Park & Ride facilities at the Calwell and Chisholm shops.

Northside

* A change to the Xpresso Route 717 to go through Macquarie and Aranda, providing direct service to the Parliamentary Triangle. The route will now also service the Jamison Park & Ride facility.
* Additional morning Red Rapid services have been introduced between the City and Gungahlin to allow residents along Flemington Road to reach the Gungahlin town centre earlier.
* Route times have been increased on all Red Rapid services to take into account the long term works on Constitution Avenue.

Skitube

wonder why they didn't mention about 314 and 315 at night time, both of which have extended hours, but commence from city instead of tuggie

Barry Drive

Quote from: Skitube on April 02, 2015, 02:16:12 PM
there is some inconsistency between route maps and the network map, e.g. 775. not sure which one is correct at the moment
a few timetables are also unavailable, but i expect them to be available soon
Make a list: then let ACTION know. 775 is linking to the current timetable/map, not the new one -> add that to your list.

Based on the timetable, it appears that route 9 will service the Hospice only on the outbound direction - although neither the map nor the timetable make that entirely clear. Won't know for certain until the GTFS is released. It also won't stop there during early morning or evening.

So why couldn't they do that for route 10 through ADFA and Campbell Park? Or set it up to stop only at certain times. Also can't see the need for 10 to go to ADFA at all - should just be route 9 and Xpressos. [possibly off topic rant, there]

Other changes not previously mentioned:

- 250 extended to Hinder St, Gungahlin
- There has been a slight change of wording to the 202 timetable which would suggest this service now also stops at Hinder St (GTFS would confirm, once released)

King of Buses

Quote from: 743 on April 07, 2015, 08:44:17 AM
Other changes not previously mentioned:

- 250 extended to Hinder St, Gungahlin
- There has been a slight change of wording to the 202 timetable which would suggest this service now also stops at Hinder St (GTFS would confirm, once released)

The 202 will. It's on the shift cards

Barry Drive

202 currently stops at Hibberson / Hinder: it changed shortly after Network 14 was implemented. Change is just to show it in timetable.

Another change has been made since last week's announcement. There is a new Route 7 timetable online - which now features Route 7A. It provides a shuttle from City Bus Station to the National Museum in the AM peak, seeing as the first Route 7 doesn't get there until 09:19.

The Love Guru

Apart from the fact that it'll be in a dart and that way not tie up a full sized bus, that is the most retarded thing i think ACTION has ever done. Obviously it was just too easy to extend the earlier 7s, so much better to come up with a new route number/letter, which can't be displayed on all the buses in the fleet.

On a more serious note, I assume they 'forgot' to put the 7 services through and rather than have to redo the whole network shifts (which would have to be done if the runs changed), it was deemed easier to just make an additional shift for a dart. Still not sure why it needs to be a 7A, it is a route 7 short working and should just be listed as a 7. When 300s start from Woden they aren't 300As, so the whole 7A thing is both un-necessary and inconsistent.

Bus 400

Plus where's the 7A's for the evening once the normal 7 stops servicing the National Musuem?

Busnerd

This reminds me of when Lisa caught the route 32A..sadly no video on youtube to illustrate my point

Way ahead of you. Refer to ACT Bus Facebook page ;-)

Busnerd

I did see, thanks, was trying to find something

Barry Drive

New Bus Books should now be available from the usual outlets.

Busfanatic101

Are bus maps available at all? I was never able to find one for Network 14...

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 15, 2015, 08:40:57 PM

No new ones to my knowledge. I was only ever able to get Network maps for the last lot from Dickson Canberra connect and Woden TO office.

Bus 503

If you had a network 14 bus book, I think there were some maps of the whole network at the front of the book and individual route maps with the specific route number at a timetable page - or if you were in the City today the Action Self Serve NXTBUS room had some network 2014 maps still pinned to the wall in which you could take some photos of.

On the topic of Bus Books
The new Network 14.1 Bus Books don't appear to be printed on glossy paper as they were on the Network 14 bus books. Wonder why?

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Bus 503 on May 15, 2015, 08:52:58 PM
If you had a network 14 bus book, I think there were some maps of the whole network at the front of the book and individual route maps with the specific route number at a timetable page - or if you were in the City today the Action Self Serve NXTBUS room had some network 2014 maps still pinned to the wall in which you could take some photos of.

The new Network 14.1 Bus Books don't appear to be printed on glossy paper as they were on the Network 14 bus books. Wonder why?

I meant those detailed ones like they had for network 12. Its like the ones pinned to the wall in civic, but probably A3, folded down to pamphlet size. I'm pretty sure I saw an image of these network maps with one of the photos of the new bus books at the start of Network 14... or am I imagining things???

I like how they have added bus stops into the maps of individual routes, something that disappeared in the changeover to Network 14.

I have to add, those new books smell amazing :P

King of Buses

There was network 14 maps available. I said so before...

Quote from: King of Buses on May 15, 2015, 08:45:00 PM
No new ones to my knowledge. I was only ever able to get Network maps for the last lot from Dickson Canberra connect and Woden TO office.

Bus 400

New maps are available from City BS information center

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 16, 2015, 01:03:03 PM
New maps are available from City BS information center

They weren't there yesterday! Damn.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on May 16, 2015, 01:50:56 PM
Thanks so much!! I went everywhere looking for them since the start of Network 14... Finally, I can get one (or more  ;) )

UPDATE: YAY! I have picked up my collection ;D

Quote from: Bus 503 on May 15, 2015, 08:52:58 PM
Having worked in the print industry, stock selection depends on a number of factors: cost, turnaround time and availability, for starters. Depends what worked out best this time around, I suppose.

Bus 400

Quote from: King of Buses on May 16, 2015, 01:50:56 PM
I picked mine up around 17:30 yesterday afternoon.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 16, 2015, 05:02:07 PM
I picked mine up around 17:30 yesterday afternoon.

16:30...Damn. They should be available at T and W too.

Busfanatic101

What makes them think they can get 161 from Woden to City BS 4 minutes faster than a blue rapid???

From experience, the 100 series takes longer as they go around London Cct the other way, and the other 100s are scheduled to take the same duration as the 300s. What's so special about 161  :popping:

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on May 17, 2015, 05:14:48 PM
What makes them think they can get 161 from Woden to City BS 4 minutes faster than a blue rapid???

From experience, the 100 series takes longer as they go around London Cct the other way, and the other 100s are scheduled to take the same duration as the 300s. What's so special about 161  :popping:

To give the 300s extra time to load/drop off as they continue along to Belco?

Or cause of the Traffic lights on East London Cct...

Bus 400

As a part of the 61 & 64 being rerouted, the stops on McBryde Crescent (outside Erindale College) were reopened yesterday (to include the 961 & 964).

Bus 400

Quote from: King of Buses on May 16, 2015, 05:31:25 PM
16:30...Damn. They should be available at T and W too.
Just as long as you managed to pick up a hanging brochure from a bus.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on May 17, 2015, 08:25:38 PM
Just as long as you managed to pick up a hanging brochure from a bus.

Yeah...you weren't at Woden about 10 past 5 looking at 970 were you?

Bus 400

Nope, didn't go to at any bus station south of the lake last week.

King of Buses

With route 7A, is it being run by a B Depot Dart or something else? I just haven't been out in the City at that time of the morning yet to see...

Buzz Killington

Skitube

for one and half week now, it seems 145 is the exclusive servant of 7A, but I've seen at least 4 different drivers on the shift.
Is there no set driver for the shift?

King of Buses

Quote from: Skitube on May 27, 2015, 02:42:25 PM
for one and half week now, it seems 145 is the exclusive servant of 7A, but I've seen at least 4 different drivers on the shift.

Could be the domain of spare PT drivers at a guess...whether that be cause the shift owner isn't at work or permanently, I don't know...

The Love Guru

Quote from: Skitube on May 27, 2015, 02:42:25 PM
You answered your own question. Think before you type.

King of Buses

Changes as of 1st June are...

Route 3 ex-WBS at 0656 to depart 0702
Route 13 ex-Belconnen East Layover at 0714 to depart 0711
Route 734 (sic) ex-Fraser West at 0747 to depart 0741 (actually Xpresso 743)