[SCOOP]DBL Volgren Scania[SCOOP]

Started by Snorzac, November 20, 2008, 07:28:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Looks to be a demonstrator, but have a look at this beast. Spotted by Todd at the airport and I got the pictures in the city. John's camera died as it came into the city.

Front

Even has a rear desto.

Apparently this bus only arrived at Deanes yesterday!

Buzz Killington

Wow, suprisingly good looking vehicle for Deanes.

Snorzac

Pretty sure it is only a demo, it had to be the end of the drivers shift and the driver drove back through the interchange just to tease us. We even had fares ready to go.

Snorzac

Just a bit of info from the ATDB.

It is the Scania K230UB Demonstrator

seat cover

my sources tells me that it will be here for 2 weeks and will be working the airport run.

Snorzac

Do you know where it will go after that? ACTION for evaluation maybe? I like the body but the last thing ACTION need is more Scanias

Lockie

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on November 21, 2008, 07:15:26 PM
I like the body
I personally hate the body.

//edit. It's starting to grow on me.

Rad D

i am not to fussed on the body either. i didn't know that it is a Scania

Barry Drive

Quote from: MAN 18.310 CNG on November 21, 2008, 07:15:26 PM
Do you know where it will go after that? ACTION for evaluation maybe? I like the body but the last thing ACTION need is more Scanias
Nothing wrong with a diesel Scania. And the Volgren CR228 body is (IMO) the second-best looking bus body currently available - way better than the CC CB60.

Sir Pompously

Beautiful body, especially when painted up in a livery like Dions. Apparently the bus 'goes well' just the suspension is crap, but hell, its a Scania.

Snorzac

Quote- way better than the CC CB60.
Totally agreed, I love the body

Busnerd

Most drivers dislike K230's, they are the diesel version of a gas L94 :P they are apparently slow off the mark etc.

If ACTION ever does get more scania standard buses, they should get either K270 or K310's not K230's...and from memory, scania has no K230 chassis left worldwide for this financial period...so doubt they will want to wait a year before being able to get any built...

Volgren bodies are so much better, and the presentation and features for the drivers, the drivers cabin just looks so professional and feature packed.

Snorzac

DBL have allegedly canceled 3 P&D Volvo B7R orders and decided to get 3 Volgren Scanias

I also have a sound recording, can someone please tell me how to upload it

Sir Pompously

That wouldn't suprise me if they did. I am guessing that it is a B7R (Coach) rather than the B7RLE which is the low floor citybus version, as if it is maybe these (If they come to fruition) will be to replace some of the 0305's for route services?