Belconnen Interchange Falling Apart

Started by Bus 400, April 08, 2008, 03:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTION
Belconnen Interchange Temporarily Relocated

At 2:30pm today, the Belconnen Interchange will be temporarily relocated to the top of Belconnen Mall on Lathlain Street (near the Red Bridge). The change is due to overhead roofing fibreglass being dislodged during cleaning.

The relocation of the Belconnen Bus Interchange is a safety precaution only. There is no immediate risk or danger to the public.

Note:

All bus services, including school bus services will be redirected to travel via Lathlain Street near the Police Station.
ACTION staff will be on location to direct passengers to their correct bus
Minor delays are expected on all routes passing this area
The interchange will be closed until further notice
As a safety precaution, a clean up of the Interchange is underway and will be completed shortly
It looks like Belconnen might need their new Interchange sooner rather then later. Also those screens look like they have never been cleaned.

Sir Pompously

A radio call came in at 2:20pm to Say all Buses had been relocated to Laithlain Street until further notice. They said till about 4:30pm.

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, in your face ACTION. Expect more of this if that new Interchange isn't fast tracked.....

Buzz Killington

those fibreglass "windows" are absolutely filthy, not surprised they're falling apart

O305

Why is Bus 400 a "guest" now, what happened to his account?

Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington

The account was deleted by the member at 5.57pm today

Irisbus Rider

Ooooooooh! I hope we didn't scare him off......

But yeah, after 30 years, it looks like the interchange has jus given up.....

Busnerd

Robert reported the scoop to me at about 2pm via telephone, he asked the supervisors what was going on and they said it might be closed all week!

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, yeah, ACTION have now updated their website indicating it'll be closed for tomorrow's morning peak too.....

lukeo25

my poor dad he has go to belco tomorrow for a course i won't tell him (ha ha) he will find out himself in the morning when he gets of the 749   

Irisbus Rider

At least he's catching a bus.

Last time my dad caught a bus, he got off at Kippax, and walked the rest of the way, pfft!

Sir Pompously

I expect your presence bright and early tomorrow John at the temp interchange. I might make the journey out there.

O305

Quote from: Renault Rider on April 08, 2008, 09:58:53 PM
Ha ha, yeah, ACTION have now updated their website indicating it'll be closed for tomorrow's morning peak too.....
Will be interesting to see how the morning peak movements go running from the temp interchange, especially as there'd normally be numerous buses in different bays at once (in the normal one)..

What are they actually doing to fix those dodgy fibreglass windows?

Irisbus Rider

I'll be heading to CIT, yeah, if thats what you mean.....
I'm expected to arrive in at 8:33am.

Bus 400

Quote from: O305 on April 08, 2008, 10:27:33 PM

The best to to do is just rip them all out & bend the sheet metal off spare part buses like 703/713 & 914. Cheap  easy, right up ACTION's alley.

O305

How come you deleted your Bus 400 account and re-joined as TP 3000? You could have just requested your name be changed..

Barry Drive

Quote from: Renault Rider on April 08, 2008, 09:58:53 PM

Quote from: ACTION web siteBelconnen Bus Interchange now open
The Belconnen Bus Interchange is now open to all passengers and bus traffic.

The closure on Tuesday was due to overhead roofing fibreglass being dislodged during cleaning. The closure was a safety precaution only and there was no risk or danger to the public.

All roofing mat erial has now been repaired and bus services have returned to normal operation.

ACTION would like to thank all passengers for their patience and apologises for any inconvenience caused.

Sir Pompously

The website never indicated it would be closed for the morning peak, I checked it three times last night and nothing. Shame it wasn't closed this morning, would've liked to have snapped a few buses around Lathlain Street at the Temp Interchange. Good move moving it up there aswell, more room to play around with.

Irisbus Rider

Quote from: TP 3000 on April 09, 2008, 01:01:40 AM
Quote from: O305 on April 08, 2008, 10:27:33 PM

The best to to do is just rip them all out & bend the sheet metal off spare part buses like 703/713 & 914. Cheap  easy, right up ACTION's alley.
What happened to 713?

Bus 400

Quote from: Renault Rider on April 09, 2008, 02:15:48 PM
What happened to 713?

All I remember is that Bus 703 or 713 is the artic at the back of Belco depot with parts missing. Just never sure.

Buzz Killington