General Discussion 2011-2015

Started by Barry Drive, December 31, 2010, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Quote from: Skitube on October 05, 2014, 10:16:31 PM
Correct if i'm wrong, but i believe the one at EPIC is 716

One of the best Mark 1s in the artic fleet.

Barry Drive

Quote from: volvo on November 03, 2014, 04:26:17 PM
Also, I know this isn't strictly relevant to this thread, but why do some of the PR100.3's (such as 126) have most of the windows bolted closed so they can't be opened?
Lack of parts. It's easier to close windows than repair it. (That's my guess, anyway).

The Love Guru

You'd be spot on. Unable to source the same window type for the .3s.

Busfanatic101

420 has MAM instead of MAN on the back. Assume another bus would have a NAN as the M would have come from somewhere

smitho

King of Buses

Busfanatic101

King of Buses

Quote from: ... on November 24, 2014, 04:24:48 PM

And your point is?

That ACTION obviously don't proof read or check links...but we already knew that...just adding to the very long list that probably exists somewhere...

Because if you didn't notice, its the Network '12 City Bus Station map not the current one.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on November 24, 2014, 04:28:00 PM
Because if you didn't notice, its the Network '12 City Bus Station map not the current one.

Oh...
\facepalm/ ::)

Busfanatic101

Quote from: ... on October 05, 2014, 06:58:04 PM
When we went along majura road about a week ago, I saw a 100.2 mkI in action colours sitting in the middle of a fenced paddock on the eastern side of the road.
Quote from: Bus 400 on October 05, 2014, 08:15:46 PM
That place is the Australian Federal Police training centre. They would be using the buses to practice response times to evacuate people from buses following mock terrorist attacks or other type of nut cases.
The ACT Fire Brigade also have 2 ex-Renaults to practice trainees on buses crashes such as bus rollovers. I've "rolled" one of the buses before & it isn't fun resting on the doors that have no air in them & hoping they hold shut.
Does anyone happen to know the past fleet number? It is one which has a white back-top panel on the left.
Here is a photo of it: I can't make out the fleet #, but it still has it

Barry Drive

Busfanatic101

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 29, 2014, 02:45:27 PM
Refer here http://www.actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=3265.0 . Possibly 754 or 755.

This is up in Majura at the AFP Training centre, not hume, so think its more likely to be 756? If anyone happens to go by and gets a chance to confirm, please let me know.

Busfanatic101

Diesel MAN 442 sports a toy crocodile on the bike rack  ;D

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on December 13, 2014, 04:09:19 PM
Diesel MAN 442 sports a toy crocodile on the bike rack  ;D

Many gas scanias have toys on their roof if you didn't realise too. ^-^
and either 442 or 444 haso a stufted toy on the windscreen blind too.

Gadgets

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on November 29, 2014, 04:17:26 PM

This is up in Majura at the AFP Training centre, not hume, so think its more likely to be 756? If anyone happens to go by and gets a chance to confirm, please let me know.

i can confirm that it is 756 at AFP majura

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Gadgets on December 14, 2014, 10:08:17 PM
i can confirm that it is 756 at AFP majura
thanks 'gadgets' .

546 is all tinseled up for Christmas, with tinsel on the bike rack and side mirror, as well as a Coke-drinking Santa for a Driver  ;D

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on December 15, 2014, 04:22:34 PM
546 is all tinseled up for Christmas, with tinsel on the bike rack and side mirror, as well as a Coke-drinking Santa for a Driver  ;D

was the 547 today, so probably any bus lucky enough to be running the 62 from woden at 3:48pm

King of Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on December 16, 2014, 04:50:49 PM

was the 547 today, so probably any bus lucky enough to be running the 62 from woden at 3:48pm

Or just any run that's on his shift...
I spoke to him and he says he dresses the bus up each day before he does his shift and it takes around an hour or two to do that. Sucks tht the starters don't give him the same bus everyday. ..it'd make his life a heck of a lot easier...

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 16, 2014, 08:47:16 PM
ACTION have put ACTION Santa's shift on their website http://www.action.act.gov.au/news/news_articles/keep-a-look-out-for-action-santa-and-his-christmas-bus

Not the santa I was speaking of...

Is this the first time action has ever put up any shift details on the website?

King of Buses

Well, there is more than one. ..but this guy is definitely the most prominent among them . well, to me anyway...

I've seen 311 around town a few times since Network '14 was implemented. It would appear the front destination issue has been resolved - each time I've seen it, the destination takes up the full display, and is no longer squished to one side.

King of Buses

Heard something about a fire at Cohen St Bus Station around 1500 today...does anyone know more?

Barry Drive

Some of the landscaping caught fire. Between platforms 2 & 3.

Move along. Nothing more to see.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 26, 2015, 06:21:36 PM
Some of the landscaping caught fire. Between platforms 2 & 3.

Move along. Nothing more to see.

Wasn't a dart then...okay. Cheers  :D

Busfanatic101

542's front myway reader falling out of the wall yesterday, the top 2 thingos holding it in place totally out and the bottom 2 almost out completely. I'm pretty sure the driver hadn't noticed. funny sight

369 also now has 2 give way stickers on the rear window

Bus 503

369 also now has 2 give way stickers on the rear window
[/quote]

An advertisement? 368 used to have a back advertisement for giving way to the bus.

King of Buses

No. Just two of the standard stickers for giving way to buses supposedly on every bus...

King of Buses

Hehe...apparently 144 is operating a 313 at the moment...funny

The Love Guru

Used to be a common occurrence not that long ago

King of Buses

The Love Guru

Still not sure why that is funny though. I'm sure it was a choice of dart or no bus.

King of Buses

Barry Drive

Speaking of useless information, I did a rough comparison of ACTION fleet age by depot. Tuggeranong's average age is 12.09 years, Belconnen's is 12.12 years.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 09, 2015, 04:44:00 PM
Speaking of useless information, I did a rough comparison of ACTION fleet age by depot. Tuggeranong's average age is 12.09 years, Belconnen's is 12.12 years.

Whats that like compared with say the STA? Or ACTION in the past?

Barry Drive

In the 2013/14 State Transit annual report, the average bus age is stated as 9.9 years (at 30 June 2014) up from 9.8 years in 2012/13.

Not surprisingly, the average bus age is not something mentioned in the TAMS annual report. Seeing as ACTION has 30 buses in service which were built in 1990 (25 years old), but at most 19 more new buses to enter service this year, the average age is trending upwards.

Bus 503

As minor as it is, I noticed today that 956 appeared to have a different action logo on its right side - it looked a little more dark blue version then all the other MK2s. I'm not 100% sure of this because it could of been how the sun was shining into the logo.

544s desto seemed to be playing up on Wednesday, the desto read CITY NON STOP 202 on 2 lines but went all orange for about 5 seconds then to a new display of SCHOOL BUS 613. This same thing happend last week on a K320 scania - not sure why that's happening  :P.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Bus 503 on May 28, 2015, 08:44:56 PM
544s desto seemed to be playing up on Wednesday, the desto read CITY NON STOP 202 on 2 lines but went all orange for about 5 seconds then to a new display of SCHOOL BUS 613. This same thing happend last week on a K320 scania - not sure why that's happening  :P .

Are you sure the driver wasn't just changing the desto for the next run? Even if this was before the bus got to civic, it wouldn't matter if the driver was to switch the desto early as 202 doesn't pick up any more passengers after gunguhlin

The Love Guru

The orange screen says 'pre pay only' or something like that. Scrolls on the 202 desto

Skitube

Yes, somebody took the idea from STA of using the inverse function of destos. Can't say it's as good looking as the STA ones

King of Buses

There seems to be a fair bit of driver training today.
342 passed through Erindale around 1100 on driver training duties.
Then when I got to Woden after a trip on a rather warm 565 (the trial Air-Con thingo seems to work alright compared to the colder 560 I was on before!), 312, 309, 339 and 342 were all laying over with Driver Training on the destos. Just something I don't normally see on a Saturday. Particularly the Irises.

Bus 503

523 was equipped with some red thing at the front of the bus in the middle of the left and right front lights, Does anyone know why?

I've recently noticed that some of the new Belconen Scania's have lost some of their back badge logos - 544 read SCAN missing some letters.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on June 01, 2015, 06:09:58 PM
523 was equipped with some red thing at the front of the bus in the middle of the left and right front lights, Does anyone know why?

Not to do with the bike racks they're meant to put on these things and ruin the look of some beautiful artics?

EDIT: The thing on 523 is a red semi-sphere and looks like it may be one of those Red nose thingos...

2nd EDIT: 518 has one too

Skitube

King of Buses

Busfanatic101

as does 525, and probably a few others. They would be for red nose day.

On a side note, it was good to see 853 operating services in both morning and afternoon today

Bus 503

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on June 02, 2015, 09:50:00 PM
as does 525, and probably a few others. They would be for red nose day.

Yes, action buses on Twitter have confirmed that the red noses are for Red Nose Day and say that the red noses will only be fitted to the artics.
This is a pic of the mechanics fitting the red noses (this is not my photo - it is actions) looks like 537 has a red nose.

Busfanatic101

This may explain the absence of Artics the other morning... and of course, they had to leave passengers like me waiting in the freezing cold for those artic runs which would never come, as that way, we would develop a red nose (from the cold), completing the red nose look.

Buzz Killington

They would not pull buses off the road, especially from school runs, to fit red noses.

In any case, it's been many years since they've had red noses on the buses - nice to see them back again.

Stop 4586 on Antill St, Dickson, is temporarily closed due to roadworks. The layover on Antill St has been shifted to be east of Cowper St. I guess buses intending to use that layover now depart Cowper St, turn right onto Antill St and due a u-turn at Rosevear Pl.