Shelters outside ACT - Rail Lines

Started by smitho, August 04, 2009, 09:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

I saw an ACTION shelter at the northern end of the southbound platform at Maitland (NSW) Station the other day.

The train I was on was going reasonably fast so I couldn't catch much detail - but it looks to be painted an unusual red, both inside and out. It does not seem to be in use as it is some distance back from the platform. All a bit strange!

I wondered if it might be the former Bredbo Station ACTION shelter that used to have a blue logo panel....

Sir Pompously

The Bunkers can be found in many places around this great land, however they are most prominent in the ACT. State Rail had a small number around the system, namely Bredbo used to have 1 Bunker on it's platform, and Tallong currently has one on one of its platforms (It could very well be the same one from Bredbo). I have seen a few around Sydney aswell on their bus system.

smitho

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that one at Tallong. As you say it could well be the former Bredbo bunker as it appeared at Tallong not that many years after the Cooma line closed in the late 80s.

I can't say I can recall seeing any around the CityRail scene though.