All over advertising

Started by Snorzac, May 04, 2009, 11:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smitho

Buzz Killington

Follow up tweet from ACTbusspotter tells us that 392 is in AOA for Little Oak Sanctuary, as is 365.

Barry Drive

Make that 385 (although not confirmed). Based on this image from the Little Oaks Sanctuary newsletter:

Snorzac

Just passed 385....not in AOA, this must be a photoshop

Barry Drive

Hence the "not confirmed". Thanks for the tip.

Snorzac

348 in AOA for Canberra Factory Outlet

Barry Drive

393 AOA for Springbank Rise (subdivision).

King of Buses

A gas MAN (possibly 388 - but not 386) now has an AOA - not sure what for though - one of the words was "Wow" and it was a lime green sort of colour.
I passed the bricks last night and it was over near 860 ???

smitho

It's an advert for the refurbished Labor Club in Stirling....

Barry Drive

Yes;, it is 388. The 'WOW" wording says "WOW Look at us now". (It's just begging for a photo with LWF.)

Buzz Killington

381 has received a wrap for Orana Steiner School. @traindriveriago photo:

Snorzac

I think that is the fugliest AOA I've ever seen!

King of Buses

Skitube

The AOA of 381 looks so chaotic!!!

smitho

Like all AOA wraps, it makes a good looking bus look like a horse float!!

The Love Guru

Busnerd

The AOA is as attractive as the school

Bus 400

I swear I saw the Orana AOA on a CNG Scania on Wednesday.  But I never caught up close enough to see the fleet number.

Skitube

Saw one on the back of a L94UB, not an AOA.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Captain Skybed on February 10, 2014, 08:59:26 PM
108 seen parked at the back of B depot today with wrap removed in Floriade livery, Im guessing it will be re-sprayed or receive a new wrap shortly,
Has only taken 4 months, but 108 is in the process of being re-sprayed into (old) corporate livery.

The Love Guru

Spotted a MAN diesel with advertising for '13SICK' on the side of it. Was an AOA mainly white in colour. Couldn't get close enough to grab the fleet number. No doubt someone will see it in service today, was on a 200 southbound when I saw it at around 730 at GMP

King of Buses

I believe 423 is in an AOA similar to that description. I couldn't make out what it said but I saw it on Hindmarsh at Callam (on an 3) on Tuesday around 1700). Thus leaving 349 and 422 in the"Domain" AOA.

Buzz Killington

423, National Home Doctor Service. Believe it was wrapped over the weekend.

Skitube

Sure is, 423 is now in National Doctors Service, mostly white with very little bits of colours...

Barry Drive

Look out for 374: now also in AOA for National Home Doctor Service.

Buzz Killington

383 is in AOA for the Vikings Club group.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on August 04, 2014, 08:28:34 PM
383 is in AOA for the Vikings Club group.

One of the most hideous horse floats around at the moment.  One Tuggy driver who copped it for his shift yesterday lamented that unlike his passengers, at least he didn't have to look at it!

Bus 400

Spotted Bus 383 in the WTF AOA, to describe to those who haven't seen it. Bus 383 has a lot of red & words like supporting the community.

The National Home Doctor AOA seems a bit bland. I prefer artwork with pictures & colours.

Buzz Killington

I don't mind the Home Doctors one. It's simple, but effective.

King of Buses

422 is back in ACTION livery. 349 was still in Domain earlier in the week but haven't seen it since.

Barry Drive

Had a close look at 441 (Vikings Club) - it's not the same as the one on 383. 383's ad promotes the people Vikings employs, 441 promotes the local athletes they sponsor - and it depicts those athletes as though they were all crammed onto the bus.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 23, 2014, 06:42:30 PM
Had a close look at 441 (Vikings Club) - it's not the same as the one on 383. 383's ad promotes the people Vikings employs, 441 promotes the local athletes they sponsor - and it depicts those athletes as though they were all crammed onto the bus.

So that's what was in the back window...

King of Buses

BUS.418 is out of its stolen AOA...Was running a 66 to Woden this morning.

smitho

A number of AOA buses (including 354 and 361) are sporting what appear to be newly applied rear end reflective tiger stripes - these buses are heavily camouflaged in dark, matte patterned adverts (National Patios and King O'Malley's) which give rise to night time conspicuous / visibility issues.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 23, 2014, 06:42:30 PM

I actually quite like 441's AOA. I've only seen 383's once or twice so can't really comment on it

Busfanatic101

Spotted the 355 yesterday and today with it's allhomes ad looking horrible on the right. Many lower right hand side panels have probably been recently replaced and don't have it. wonder if the're gonna bother to fix it

King of Buses

Just saw an Iris on Win News in an AOA (the back seemed to still be in ACTION livery though) for Crimestoppers. Not sure of number...

Barry Drive

Not AOA. Just side ad. (309 for anyone who needs to know.)

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on September 15, 2014, 08:30:45 PM
Not AOA. Just side ad. (309 for anyone who needs to know.)

Thanks. Just looked like one from the angles shown (other than the mentioned part at the back). Ironic about the crimestoppers part especially with the history of the Irises and where they originated from...

smitho

In some parts of the USA, AOA is banned altogether while in Norway, bus operators cannot apply AOA wraps over windows because the regulatory authority there considers that wraps over windows pose safety hazards.

Anyone aware whether there are any Australian jurisdictions with similar restrictions or bans on AOA?

Buzz Killington

Exploring your options eh smitho? ;)

Not aware of any restrictions other than keeping the front doors and drivers window clear. Not sure about the window right next to the front doors?

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on September 18, 2014, 10:54:35 PM
Exploring your options eh smitho? ;)

Not aware of any restrictions other than keeping the front doors and drivers window clear. Not sure about the window right next to the front doors?

Ha, ha!

Bus 400

Bus 403 has an AOA involving piggy banks & green & white blobs.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 22, 2014, 09:14:08 PM
Bus 403 has an AOA involving piggy banks & green & white blobs.

For those who haven't followed us on Twitter or Facebook, 403's AOA is for Clarity Financial Group.

Meanwhile, here's a bit of a different look at the AOA process - the proof of concepts for 441: http://vikingssquash.asn.au/vikingsCMS/node/801

King of Buses

It hasn't been mentioned here (on twitter I think it was) but 333 is in an AOA like 383 and 441 for the Vikings group...

And 349 back in ACTION green and Orange :) Now they just need to deal with cursed 348's AOA (If you haven't guessed, I hate this AOA as do a couple of drivers...this bus also seems to be everywhere I go...)

Buzz Killington

I like 348! Nice and colourful.

King of Buses

Barry Drive

When no-one was paying attention, Bus 393's AOA was removed. It now features just a full-back ad for MS Miss Muddy.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: ... on September 11, 2014, 04:31:24 PM
Spotted the 355 yesterday and today with it's allhomes ad looking horrible on the right. Many lower right hand side panels have probably been recently replaced and don't have it. wonder if the're gonna bother to fix it

Has been fixed  :D

King of Buses

Quote from: ... on October 13, 2014, 05:34:47 PM
Has been fixed  :D

:popping: Oh come on! It looked so much better the way it was...

Okay, I know what to do now.  :-X

>:D