10 Renaults sold to Adams Coachlines

Started by Bus 400, July 12, 2011, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Adams Coachlines have just bought 10 Renault's, including Bus 802. Four of these leave for Perth next week.

Search Adams Coachlines on Facebook for more information.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 12, 2011, 05:30:03 PM
Adams Coachlines have just bought 10 Renault's, including Bus 802. Four of these leave for Perth next week.
Wouldn't be surprised if recent withdrawals 784 & 787 are included in sale.

Bus 400

Buses 802,784,787 and 824 are leaving for Adams Coachlines next Wednesday.

Also Bus 781 is sitting at Tuggeranong Bricks where the old bus use to sit.

Buzz Killington

Bugger, 787 was a great one. 788 too, but that's still with us.. for now.

Snorzac

from 'Ben O' on the ATDB the following are sold to Adam's:
784, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 802 and 824.

smitho

Quote from: Metrobus on July 17, 2011, 11:40:12 PM
from 'Ben O' on the ATDB the following are sold to Adam's:
784, 787, 788, 789, 790, 791, 792, 793, 802 and 824.

Some good old girls among that lot!

route56

Admin - can we rename this thread to 'Renaults a gone gone' ? :bonk:

Merv319

AAAAAAGH I should've been at Tuggy this Wednesday...
Is there more plans of selling Renaults to other places?

Barry Drive

Quote from: Merv319 on July 24, 2011, 08:00:43 PM
Is there more plans of selling Renaults to other places?
Wrong question. Correct question would be "is there anyone else willing to buy 20 year old Renaults?"

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on July 25, 2011, 12:51:22 PM
Wrong question. Correct question would be "is there anyone else willing to buy 20 year old Renaults?"

Well, We would. But it would be just one or two.
They'll probably have lots of fun selling the artics when the time comes next year. ! >:D
Thats if they are going to even try!

Snorzac

If you have been keeping up with the Adam's facebook page you would know that 802 died in the middle of no where and got left behind.

Barry Drive

Latest news from Adams Coachlines: 788 & 789 are being "relocated" today/soon.

Merv319

Quote from: King of Buses on July 25, 2011, 05:49:51 PM
Well, We would. But it would be just one or two.
They'll probably have lots of fun selling the artics when the time comes next year. ! >:D
Thats if they are going to even try!

Thx for the replies mate, hope it's early next year because I wouldn't be in Australia after April.

Bus 400

You may be too late Merv319, the first new artic is due to be in ACTION's hands on the 1st June. I would have a guess the first artic to be decommissioned wouldn't be until around September 2012. With selling to commence a few months later (early 2013 possibly). I am purely speculating so don't take my word, except if I am right.

Buzz Killington

Check out our Facebook page for a preview of the livery Adams are applying to our ex-ACTION Renaults. Looks very, very nice.

Barry Drive

In case you missed it, 787 has been re-painted and registered. New fleet number is B52 and rego is TC6794. Photos are expected to be posted tomorrow on Facebook.

Buzz Killington

Photos of 787's new look are now on our Facebook page.

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 02, 2011, 07:45:53 PM
You may be too late Merv319, the first new artic is due to be in ACTION's hands on the 1st June. I would have a guess the first artic to be decommissioned wouldn't be until around September 2012. With selling to commence a few months later (early 2013 possibly).

Thx for the details mate. Looks like it's impossible for me to see one...
I'll try to take as many 20years Renaults as I can.

Bus 400

The last 2 buses for Adams Coachlines in Perth left today. Hopefully they pick a few more up.

smitho

While in the west last week, I took my traditional run on the train down to Fremantle ex Perth Station.

Surprised to see the 'new' P&O liner, 'Arcadia', was docked at the joint domestic/international terminal building. Passenger were disembarking and taking rides in a fleet of shuttle buses through to central Fremantle for sight seeing and shopping.

Among the shuttle buses were at least three of the recently departed ex-ACTION Renaults, two in Adam's red/black and white 'Nightcruiser" livery and one in blue & white "Adams DriverTraining" livery. Spoke to a few of the drivers who seemed to like them, except for the lack of a/c.  Not much changed on the inside although disco-type lighting and powerful on-board sound systems have been installed & new destos fitted to the Nightcruiser buses.

Spent most of my time looking over the Arcadia and the terminal building (although couldn't board the ship). The earlier P&O Arcadia vessel is well known to thousands of migrant Australians, as it was one of the ships commonly used on the migrant runs from UK/Europe.

Bus 400

I hope you enjoyed your journey & had a chance to ride a Perth Renault.

smitho

Yeah, I did, and I was really surprised how comfortable they are, which I mainly put down to superior seating. Unfortunately, I missed out on riding a TransPerth Renault artic; plenty around, but just not where I was!

Adams hadn't got rid of any of the ACTION seating in their recent purchases, other than the driver's seat in ex-824.