Artics in service last week

Started by Buzz Killington, January 31, 2010, 08:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

As noted on the ACT Bus twitter feed, there were a number of Artics and .2's on the Intertown last Friday - a lot more than usual. I also spotted a number of artics on regular suburban routes.

Anyone know what the story is there? Were some of the gassies off the road or something? Or was it just a case of dusting off the artics on Friday to make sure none of them had carked it during the holidays?

Snorzac

I have heard two stories, both have an element of truth:
1. There were a lot of gassies in the workshops an no-one to fix them on Friday arvo.
2. The compressor on the CNG re-fueling system broke which meant gassies could not operate, some may have seem tuggies standard .2s out yesterday rather than the usual gassies as there was a major shortage.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 31, 2010, 08:12:27 PM
As noted on the ACT Bus twitter feed, there were a number of Artics and .2's on the Intertown last Friday - a lot more than usual. I also spotted a number of artics on regular suburban routes.

Anyone know what the story is there? Were some of the gassies off the road or something? Or was it just a case of dusting off the artics on Friday to make sure none of them had carked it during the holidays?

Yes, there were gas bus refuelling delays towards the end of the week which restricted the number of available gas buses on Friday. For example, I was allocated an artic on my CNG rostered late morning 315 and 312.

Tuggeranong artics were also in fairly wide use by some of the artic qualified part time drivers on morning standard bus runs over the past fortnight due to a shortage of standard buses.

Irisbus Rider

Wow, interesting. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though, it's great to see more artics out on the road, where they belong!

I just ACTION are thanking their lucky stars it didn't happen this week, with school back.

euronymous

It would have been mildly amusing to see everyone spinning out if it did. Just blame the workshops, like they always do.

smitho

Took an artic out yesterday - first time in a while, as I was doing some OT runs.

Pleased to find a few fitted with National seats so I took one of those - 724 if my memory is correct. Went very well. It'd been a long while since I'd used an artic on the Intertown.

p_stampy

I get a 16 route in the morning on week days, its a 650am at latham shops.. we always get a bendy bus.

I like it, it means I can hide from this old guy who kept talking at me until he found i was closer to 30, than the "oh i thought you were 17 or 18" kinda thing.

Buzz Killington

Ewww. Only in Belconnen..

Quote from: smitho on May 15, 2010, 09:45:11 PM
Pleased to find a few fitted with National seats so I took one of those - 724 if my memory is correct. Went very well.

Really? It's extremely noisy ever since it had its trailer replaced with that of 703.

smitho

I had 724 out again this morning and didn't notice it being noisy... may be if I was down the back, it'd be different.

P.S. The Hotel Lakeside (Rydges) was alive with artics from around 1000 this morning, bringing in large numbers of public servants for some pow wow at the hotel involving the Dept of Climate Change...not sure if Belco artics were participating as well.

Buzz Killington

Dept of Climate Change? Probably a mass sacking.

p_stampy

There was a thing at work that said 240 Cliamte Change jobs were going to be lost.

smitho

Had an artic with a National driver's seat during the week; it worked well, quite comfortable. You don't see too many National seats about now.

Another artic which I had several days ago (722?) sported what appeared to be a newly fitted AM/FM radio with a very effective 6 inch speaker, very little distortion at high volumes...one of the best bus radios I've come across,