703, 724 and 914's remains scrapped

Started by Snorzac, May 03, 2009, 06:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

703, the rear of 724 and 914 were all taken for scrap metal the other day, 148 is currently in the paint shop.

Bus 400

So the pictures that tour members picked up last week were the last we will ever see of those parts for 703, 724 & 914.

Snorzac

They went on Tuesday, so unless one of the drivers got a picture between then and Sunday, yes they were the last pics.

Buzz Killington

i didn't get any photos of them - did anyone else have any they can post?

Snorzac

There are some on Carries fotopic I think. I have a pretty bad one of 914 but I will post it after I edit it.

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

that turned out pretty well. for a photo taken through a window.

Love how the "A" from ACTION is missing, lol

Snorzac

Here is a link to the album that Carrie has her 703, 724 and 914 pictures.
http://carole.lawrence.fotopic.net/c1394992.html

Bus 400

It was stated somewhere that 703 has made its way to Belconnen Fire Station. I don't know if it is still there, however I know that around this time, ACT Fire Brigade was planning a mass casualty exercise at Belconnen Fire Training Centre, so most likely 703 is being used for a bus accident.

Snorzac

It is still there at Belconnen fire station currently crushing a red toyota camary

Bus 400

They had their special training exercise last night. It was training for major incidents.

Snorzac

It has been like that since the beggining of the week

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

They would try to cause a less damage to the bus as possible. It would mostly involve placing people that are alive, but pretending to be injured in various seats in the bus. The Fire Brigade would them simulate the bus in a serious accident which would involve the fire fighters entering through the front doors & taking a many as possible "victims" through the front door.

It would of been quite interesting to watch & what a pity that I forgot about it.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: TP 3000 on May 08, 2009, 08:06:48 PM
It would mostly involve placing people that are alive, but pretending to be injured in various seats in the bus

::)

Buzz Killington

thanks mate. I don't know when i'll be out there next

Snorzac

I would have gotten one the other day, but since it is a narrow raod and I was in a bus there was no where to stop and I didn't have my camera ready.

Bus 400

Bus 703 is now inside Belconnen Fire Station Training yard. Here are a few pictures that I took of 703 in the yard.

It can be seen from the Lathlain Street side.

Busnerd

Quick, someone souvenir those badges!

Buzz Killington

There's signage at the driveway stating its a restricted area, for authorised personnel only.

Bus 400

I'll head up that way (with Fire Brigade in tow) & I'll see if I am able to grab the badge & shots of 703 internally.

But does anyone know which scrap metal place 914 & 724's rear have gone?

Bus 400

Checked out Sims Metal Fyshwick & it looks as if 914 & 724 Rear have been scrapped or sold all ready.