Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

765 & 768 are still parked in the sheds at T depot, but not sure whether they are being used much.

Snorzac

765 was in service yesterday

Bus 400

All Renaults that left Woden for Belconnen have returned, except for 754 & 755. These buses still have their ACTION desto roll, but have had ads & ACTION logos removed.

smitho

Quote from: MyWay on October 07, 2010, 10:54:28 AM
765 & 768 are still parked in the sheds at T depot, but not sure whether they are being used much.

768 gets out most week days..

smitho

Saw 765 being prepared for service out of T Depot around 1500 today.

smitho

Partially stripped 756 has been parked at rear of the 'front' Belco workshop since the weekend or earlier. 754 was in the same position there last week but haven't seen it this week.

Barry Drive

When 877 was sent to Tuggeranong last week, 768 came back (to Belconnen) - presumably for withdrawal, although this is not confirmed.

Bus 400

Any speculation as to why 768 is being decommissioned (presumably) ahead of 765?

Barry Drive

Saw 754 today at Dickson shops today doing driver training. Don't think it's at B depot any more though.

Snorzac

It is a permanent trainer, the L plates are stickered on, was sighted on Parkes Way this afternoon.

Barry Drive

They are magnetic signs, not stickers. If spotted on Parkes Way, it may have been heading to TISC.

Snorzac

Well if they are magnets they are pretty shit ones, they were all wrinkled like stickers that hadn't been put on properly.

Barry Drive

Both 765 & 768 are parked at Woden.

Bus 400

Bus 770 still in service.

smitho

773 on Tuggeranong bricks this morning while 785 was over the Tuggy workshop pits. 770 seen yesterday at T Depot, apparently in readiness for service. 789 still seems to be getting plenty of use.

As does 786 - I see it almost daily. 777 was still doing a daily Route 2 trip last week, but I haven't seen it since the new schedules came in.

smitho

780 had to go on the bricks at close of business yesterday.

Its Swansong may be?

smitho

781 was in service today.

Checked out 756 at Belco Depot yesterday. Stripped of Wayfarer kit, but otherwise looks complete. Even the quite new National driver's seat remains. Interior of this bus is in pretty good nick.

Will be interesting to learn of 752's fate as I'd heard from a fairly good source that it is not being disposed of....back to TISC may be?

Barry Drive

770 is now parked at the back of Belconnen Workshops; Wayfarer equipment removed.

Bus 400

Bus 756 has returned to Woden Depot, there are currently 11 Renaults parked at Woden Depot. I am unsure of which 11 buses it is as from my count 12 buses have been decommissioned & another bus moved into Woden Depot this last week. However I am unable to confirm if Bus 770 is there yet.

Bus 400

As I earlier reported via Twitter, Bus 702 has had all ticketing equipment removed (MyWay included). I have confirmed this this afternoon.

This could be our first artic retirement.

Bus 400

Spotted Bus 754 out on driver training around Mitchell this afternoon, it still has the ACTION logos on it

Buzz Killington

ACT Bus Spotter tweets that 773 is now at Woden.

Bus 400

An upcoming sale is approaching http://www.procurement.act.gov.au/tenders_advertised/tender_download/open_tenders/15563.110

Buses 752, 756, 760, 762, 764, 765 & 768 are the buses to be sold off. So it looks like Buses 754 & 755 may remain as training buses either at TISC or ACTION.

Barry Drive

755 was not a training bus. Plus 758, 763, 770 & 773 are not being offered for sale. Don't think they'd all be used as training buses.

But at least it's good to know which ones are going to be disposed of.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on December 29, 2010, 06:07:58 PM
As I earlier reported via Twitter, Bus 702 has had all ticketing equipment removed (MyWay included). I have confirmed this this afternoon.

This could be our first artic retirement.

Saw 702 in service this morning, think it was on a school run though as it was in the left lane of Adelaide Ave

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 19, 2011, 10:47:28 PM
An upcoming sale is approaching http://www.procurement.act.gov.au/tenders_advertised/tender_download/open_tenders/15563.110

The tender has now closed however no mention of how many (if any) tenders were received, and from whom.

Bus 400

Since the validator system will no longer be used from 10 April & with around 13 buses that haven't had MyWay machines installed. Would this mean ACTION will have a massive decommissioning of buses at the beginning of April & every bus currently stored at Woden Depot being ready for service on the 11th April?

Barry Drive

By my count there are 11 100.2s without MyWay equip and 6 weeks to go. So that's 2 new buses in service per week : that should be doable.

Bus 400

I have received word that a tender was not awarded for the sale of the 7 surplus Renaults.

Snorzac

MyWay is reporting via Twitter that 799 has been withdrawn.

783 seemed to be going strong when I saw it on Route 2 on Friday afternoon. This service continues to have a lot of runs operated by buses starting with a 7!

Barry Drive

Latest withdrawls: 780 on/around 4 April; 783 on/around 13 April (unconfirmed).

Buzz Killington

781 has MyWay equipment installed so perhaps not being withdrawn just yet.

787 was in service this arvo too, didn't see if it had MyWay though

Buzz Killington

ACTBusspotter reports that 786 has been withdrawn.

I've been on 780, 783 and 786 within the past two or so weeks, and wondered if it was the last time on each one...perhaps I was right!

I still see 784 regularly - it's got the accreditation under the operator's window now, so is probably staying for a while yet (as hinted at in the member's newsletter). 788 was out and about this week as well.

Snorzac

784 is a gem, goes really well!

Buzz Killington

788 was in service this evening. Couldn't see if it had MyWay installed.

Barry Drive

Quote from: MyWay on April 14, 2011, 01:37:45 AM
Latest withdrawls: 780 on/around 4 April
Saw 780 tonight at Dickson, still with old ticket machine.

...and 787 was in Dickson this morning!

I rode 785 this evening - and it's only MyWay now.

King of Buses

779 has been with the Tuggers Darts lately. I don't think it has moved. possibly being withdrawn if down with the Darts.

Buzz Killington

I saw 779 out yesterday evening.

Bus 400

Bus 779 has been there for a few weeks, I wonder what ticket equipment it has? I know that Bus 780 still has the old Wayfarer driver module & validator still installed, but was seen dead running along the Tuggeranong Parkway yesterday afternoon. So those at the TISC open day didn't do too much damage.

Bus It

I travelled on Bus 780 this afternoon. It is only equipped with the old Wayfarer system. :bonk:

Snorzac

It does seem a little strange but 869 is parked where the withdrawn buses go at Belconnen depot and has no two-way radio in  it.

Barry Drive

On the other hand, its ticketing equipment is still installed. Have to wait a bit longer before we can know for certain what is happening.

Barry Drive

779 has arrived at Woden Depot, so it is now confirmed as withdrawn. 869, on the other hand, has not been seen recently, so still don't know what its fate is.

King of Buses

Quote from: MyWay on May 16, 2011, 07:48:33 PM
869, on the other hand, has not been seen recently, so still don't know what its fate is.

I like 869, I hope it doesn't be withdrawn. It could also just be parked there and is been fitted with a new radio.

smitho

Quote from: King of Buses on May 03, 2011, 05:54:25 PM
779 has been with the Tuggers Darts lately. I don't think it has moved. possibly being withdrawn if down with the Darts.
It could be that Bus 779 is the Tuggeranong training bus, taking over from 752.