MAN Purchase and Deliveries

Started by Bus 400, January 10, 2009, 11:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Lemon on October 12, 2009, 03:39:41 PM
390 was operating a 710 this morning

Lol, I was waiting for an intertown yesterday morning, saw the pod-less LED desto approaching and thought to myself "oh, sweet!"

My hopes were dashed, of course, as when it got closer I noted it had 710 on the desto and flew straight past the stop :( a very packed 118 eventually turned up ..

Buzz Killington

Spotted 390 in the Depot at around 1430, parked parallel to Josephson St, and at around 1600 doing a 56 out of City.

Bus 400

16:29 to be exact, the same driver that had 390 on Monday had it today. I have more info on the certain runs, but don't think it would be right without the drivers permission.

Do these new MAN's have a badge advising that they have Euro 4/5 engines? I noticed today on the new RFS Tankers they have a badge on the front that just says "Euro IV"

Snorzac

Martin reports that 397 arrived at the depot today

Bus 400

399 arrived this morning, my name sake is almost here. It looked weired with no number plates or ACTION signage, but came in with "401 School Bus" on the desto.

The story I'm hearing now is that the buses that are a part of RedEx will be operating out of Woden Depot when it opens. Which kinda makes sense as these buses haven't been allocated a bay at Belconnen Depot.

Snorzac

Martin's twitter feed states that 398 is not here yet.

This can also be found on the twitter feed:
QuoteSauces reports that 391 may have been on the road yesterday (15/10), but this is uncorroborated. (My source is named 'sauces').

Bus 400

I thought one of the new MAN's was doing an Intertown south, until I saw 401 on the desto & 399 on the side.
It was waiting behind 374 for a while & just as I got around to the gates end of Platform 1 399 drove off somewhere else in the depot.

Bus 400

A source informs me that when they had a look at 392 it looked like it wasn't even ready for service yet (wayfarer, etc).

I found out that if anyone would like to see a few of the MAN's sitting outside Belconnen Workshop, all you have to do is walk along the perimeter fence on the Coulter Drive side. The buses are parked were 914 & 703 were.

Snorzac

390 just came past my house on a 313

Buzz Killington

398 arrived today

Source: Martin's Twitter.

Bus 400

391 was on a workshop test drive this afternoon, so it shouldn't be too long before it is on the road.

390 was on the Belconnen bricks this afternoon as well.

smitho

Seen outside the western shed at Belco Depot this am - 392, 393, 395, 398 and 399.

391 was inside the shed, but there was no sign of the un-numbered bus I saw yesterday.

Snorzac

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 22, 2009, 04:26:17 PM
391 was on a workshop test drive this afternoon, so it shouldn't be too long before it is on the road.

390 was on the Belconnen bricks this afternoon as well.
390 is on the bricks possibly because of a flat battery after the lights left on. Just to let you know Bus 400 I don't think that any of the others will be on the road until Redex otherwise I assure you they would be out on the road by now.

Snorzac

I am wrong! Ed reports seeing 391 in service today

Bus 400

Some very upsetting reports on Twitter tonight
Unconfirmed reports that Bus 400 will stay in Adelaide for 6 months as an O-Bahn evaluation bus.

Although it means my baby should feel special she has been selected as an O-Bahn evaluation bus, she is away from me for too long.

Quote from: Martin on September 17, 2009, 12:02:29 PM
The bus which will become 391 (once it gets registered, has fleet numbers applied, gets a radio, ticket machine, bike rack and a wash) arrived at Belconnen Depot yesterday. It has the standard decals (including 'Air Conditioned for your comfort') so from the side it could be mistaken for an Irisbus (if you were only looking at the roofline).

Actually 391 has "Climate Controlled For Your Comfort" on the roofline & it is in different font to 300-389.

smitho

Noticed this morning that 392 and 393 now carry the message '....For Your Comfort' up near the roof line, presumably awaiting the lettering 'Climate Controlled..'.

398 and 399 were back in the shed today with their engine bays open - no decal detailing done on either bus yet, nor do either have number plates fitted. 

Bus 400

Bus 400

I can't remember, but did 390-399 arrive with their ACTION logos? Or am I right in thinking 400 is the first to come with ACTION logos already on?

Snorzac

392 onwards I believe with the logos and 394 onward with the fleet numbers.

Barry Drive

A few updates (based on what I have seen): the new decals have been applied to 392 and 395 (possibly 393 and 394 also); up to 395 now have bike racks fitted (DL2); up to 397 are now registered. Provided they have ticket machines available, I expect 392 to be ready to go on the road very soon with 393 and 394 not far behind.

Bus 399 (for whatever reason) arrived without any ACTION logos, the rest arrived with the side logos but none on the front or rear.

Bus 400

Are they still stealing ticket machines from artics?

Actually what will they do once they can't steal ticket machines from artics? Would the MAN's be left ticketless or would they be stolen from the PR2's?

smitho

It would be a nice recognition of ACTION's heritage if they painted one of the new MANs in the original ACTION livery dating back to 1975 - but "pigs might fly"....

Bus 400

393 looked almost ready when I saw it driving around the depot today. From what I could see it was only missing the rear ACTION logo (couldn't see inside bus).

belcodriver

391 was doing runs yesterday and I noticed it didn't have a front numberplate. Is it going to get one?

Snorzac

nope. I got 391 yesterday on a 7 as stated in what bus and compared to 390 it is nothing!

Snorzac

401 is now at Belco as reported on my twitter feed, Martin's twitter feed and the ACT Bus feed.
Details are as follows:
VIN: WMAA69ZZ59C013883
Body Number: ACTM010
Body Date: 10/09
It has already been fitted with a DL2 Bikerack.

Today 396 was left around the side of the depot with the engine running for at least 3 hours with 312 on the side desto, it seems that this bus has a broken front desto. 391 was doing some testing with 225 on the desto this morning and it seems that 390 went out in the morning and has been put on the bricks.

Irisbus Rider

12 MANs, isn't that just enough for RedEx? And good to see they're working out all of those teething problems.

BTW, congrats on 2000 posts Zac!

Bus 400

I noticed that on 396, 396 went out & it looked like nothing was on the front. But 312 was on the rear desto.
390 returned to the depot around 12:00 & was sent straight to the bricks.

The media release states that 11 of ACTION's newest buses would be used. Only 16 drivers were required for Redex shifts.
Quote from: Chief Minister Media Release
Mr Stanhope said that the new service will be operated by 11 of the new 100 buses that were funded in the 2008/09 Budget, for nearly $50 million.

Buzz Killington

Snorzac

hope you sourced that from my Twitter feed :P. I went for a short ride on it, a picture coming soon

Snorzac

Martin also reports that all the MANs now have ads for Redex on their rear. I am assuming that this is with the exception of 390.

Bus 400

Does anyone know if 396 is still at Belconnen Depot?

As the guy that drove 396 out of Belconnen Depot yesterday looked like the guy that delivered 400 & with the possible faulty front desto I thought CC could of delivered 401 & taken 396.

At least we know where we can find the new buses from Monday. From 402/3 onwards might be a bit harder (unless as the new buses come into service the older 18.320's enter normal service).

Snorzac

396 was at Belco depot this morning

Ed

I've been told that six of the new MANs are going to be transferred to Tuggy depot.

Bus 400

401 is at Tuggeranong Depot, 1 other is on Tuggers bricks & 2/3 are inside the workshop, they all had a rear Redex ad. This transfer would be to accommodate the Tuggeranong drivers who showed interest in being a Redex driver.

Buzz Killington

Would be great if somebody could confirm if/which MANs have allocated to Tugg..

Busnerd

Hopefully it's not one of those stupid arrangements and is just 401 - 406

Bus 400

I agree, 400 needs to be on the southside.

Snorzac

I think transferring these buses is stupid. Tuggy can use the gas MANs and belco with the diesel. Belco needs the accessible buses there is only 20 of them at belco currently used regularly not including darts and today at 3pm there was already 6 in the workshops. 3 of those 6 buses have not moved once since the weekend.

Snorzac

I neglected to mention that 394 entered service today. I sighted it operating school run 463 from my school

Bus 400

Over the coming weeks as new MAN's arrive Belconnen will make up the buses transferred. Anyway this Redex is only a trial, if it fails those 6 buses may return to Belconnen.

smitho

The following diesel MANs were at Tuggeranong Depot today: 396, 397, 400 and 401.
(There may have been others there that I did not see).

smitho

Quote from: Lemon on November 10, 2009, 10:07:16 PM
Martin also reports that all the MANs now have ads for Redex on their rear. I am assuming that this is with the exception of 390.
I thought I saw 390 with the Redex ad on the back today (but I stand to be corrected!).

Bus 400

But I do suspect that all buses assigned to Redex shifts will have the rear Redex ad, this partly shows that this bus is on another run. As we may remember Stanhopey wanted these buses in a different livery (much like this bus http://actbus.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=18622&g2_serialNumber=2). But ACTION advised against that move.

smitho

Saw 390 on a school run this am and can confirm that it did NOT have the Redex advert on the back .....the original Euro 5 stuff is still there.

Bus 400

396 went on its first shift with Tuggeranong today.

398 & 1 other bus were delivered to Tuggeranong today. It would appear that buses 396-401 will be allocated to Tuggeranong Depot.

393 & 394 were also in service today.

Snorzac

Bus 400

The ticket machine in 394 doesn't have the small screen facing the passengers. The wording on the buttons is also different, I suspect it is one of the machines ACTION bought from another company (I think it was Darwin).

I kept on thinking the machine was missing something but just couldn't picture it.

Buzz Killington

I spotted 393 in Tuggers this arvo, and the driver kept changing the desto. I suspect he was showing off the interior display screen to the driver of 113 who was parked behind it and had ventured into 393 for a stickybeak.

smitho

Crossed 396 doing a northbound 64 at Monash at around 1555 today and later, dead running southwards along Athllon Drive at 1830.