Website | Forum | Gallery | Fleet Wiki
ACT Bus Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Fleet / Re: Bus Discussion (2019-)
« Last post by Barry Drive on January 17, 2019, 10:40:25 AM »
As passed on to me by Bus 400, on the ACT Government Tenders website is an Advance Tender Notice:

"Procurement of 40 Buses"

Estimated advertising date, 30 June 2019. (Which may mean no further new buses until 2020.)

And yes, that is all it says. No information about delivery dates, bus lengths or motive power source.
The Playground / Re: Unusual bus allocations
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on January 15, 2019, 05:03:43 PM »
Dunno why, but for some reason a 316 decided to take an extra lap around Livingston Avenue on its way to Tuggeranong this morning. I also noticed the ARTBUS is now in front of The Canberra Theatre.
News / Re: Farewell RATEC
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on January 15, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »
A special meeting took place today for all committee and paid/over 80 members who could attend to vote on the continuation of the Club. Everyone voted the club to be closed, and the Public Officer will be handling all the government proceduresin the coming weeks to hopefully finalise everything before the end of February.

As for the Memorabilia, over the next few weeks most of the bulk catalogued items will be taken by Transport Canberra (after much orchestrating by Ian McGlinn (TC Director) and other committee members over the past few months) to eventually be spread out throughout the depots to either be permanently on display or kept to be preserved (as by law, the memorabilia must be given to a like-minded institute if the club folds). Another transport museum I can't remember the name of took a few other things too. The World War I servicemens' memorial plaque was taken several weeks ago too to be a permanent feature at the current front foyer in the current TC main office.
The rest of the stupid amounts of timetables, booklets, tickets and leaflets that aren't wanted will be sold off at some point when a garage sale is arranged - that or to be dumped and disposed of/recycled.

I'm having difficulty remembering everything from the top of my head, I'll update more details of whatever you guys might want to know as soon as I can.

For now though, RATEC Vice President Sylvan Lawrenz signing off.
Route Designs / Re: Network 19 - ActBus suggestions
« Last post by Toyota Camry on January 14, 2019, 10:42:52 PM »
I feel that route 54 should be removed; route 55 would operate to service Majura Park via Reid and Campbell. I have provided below a link showing the proposed route.

http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=729963

During peak periods, routes 56 would operate; this is a service operating to Campbell Park Offices, ADFA, Duntroon, Hospice & Russell; the two services would combine to provide a high frequency service to Campbell and Reid.

This link is for route 56, this service is proposed to operate Monday to Friday between 06:30 to 09:30 & 15:30 to 18:30 only.

http://www.mappedometer.com/?maproute=729965
Routes and Timetables / Re: Network 2019 - the final version
« Last post by Northside on January 13, 2019, 11:44:49 AM »
For those playing at home, here are my thoughts for Network 2019 improvements:

http://actbus.net/forum/index.php?topic=4401.0

All suggestions welcome. Hopefully some of the changes may be able to be adopted.
General Discussion / Re: Artics on Saturdays
« Last post by Busnerd on January 13, 2019, 10:11:32 AM »
That is correct, the "STAGs" and Articulated vehicles do require a HR licence to drive. I believe TC does pay an allowance to drivers operating larger vehicles but unsure how that works, if it's added onto your hourly wage whilst driving them or just all the time.
« Last post by Toyota Camry on January 12, 2019, 10:41:02 PM »
What???
My post has been translated into a number of languages below; this is to help you understand it.

هناك طلب كبير على السفر بالحافلات إلى المسجد في سبنس في أوقات الصلاة ؛ اقتراحك لتقسيم R3 إلى طرق منفصلة ليس عنصريًا فحسب ، ولكنه أيضًا لا يعالج هذا الطلب.

Hay una gran demanda de viajes en autobús a la mezquita en Spence en los tiempos de oración; Su propuesta de dividir R3 en rutas separadas no solo es racista, sino que tampoco responde a esa demanda.

Il y a une forte demande de bus pour se rendre à la masjid de Spence aux heures de prière; votre proposition de scinder le R3 en plusieurs itinéraires est non seulement raciste, mais elle ne répond pas non plus à cette demande.

在祈禱時間,對Spence的清真寺的公共汽車旅行有很高的需求; 你將R3分成不同路線的建議不僅是種族主義,而且也沒有解決這種需求。

Có nhu cầu cao về du lịch xe buưt đến masjid ở Spence vào giờ cầu nguyện; đề xuất của bạn để chia R3 thành các tuyến riêng biệt không chỉ phân biệt chủng tộc mà c̣n không giải quyết được nhu cầu đó.

نماز پڑھنے پر اسپینس میں مسجد کے بس کی سفر کا مطالبہ ہے؛ R3 کو علیحدہ راستے میں تقسیم کرنے کے لئے آپ کی تجویز نہ صرف نسل پرست ہے، بلکہ یہ بھی اس مطالبے کو حل نہیں کرتا.

Ada permintaan tinggi untuk perjalanan bus ke masjid di Spence pada waktu sholat; proposal Anda untuk membagi R3 menjadi rute yang terpisah tidak hanya rasis, tetapi juga tidak memenuhi permintaan itu.

עס איז הויך פאָדערונג פֿאַר ויטאָבוס אַרומפאָרן צו די מאַסדזשיד אין ספּענס בייַ תפילה מאל; דיין פאָרשלאָג צו שפּאַלטן ר 3 אין באַזונדער רוץ איז נישט בלויז ראַסיסט, אָבער עס אויך טוט נישט אַדרעס דעם פאָדערונג.

Zu Gebetszeiten besteht eine große Nachfrage nach Busreisen zur Masjid in Spence; Ihr Vorschlag, R3 in getrennte Routen aufzuteilen, ist nicht nur rassistisch, sondern entspricht auch nicht dieser Forderung.

ਮਸਜਿਦ ਵਿਚ ਬੱਸ ਯਾਤਰਾ ਸਪੈਨਸ ਵਿਚ ਪ੍ਰਾਰਥਨਾ ਦੇ ਸਮੇਂ ਲਈ ਬਹੁਤ ਮੰਗ ਹੈ; R3 ਨੂੰ ਵੱਖਰੇ ਰਸਤੇ ਵਿਚ ਵੰਡਣ ਦੇ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਪ੍ਰਸਤਾਵ ਨਾ ਸਿਰਫ ਜਾਤੀਵਾਦੀ ਹਨ, ਪਰ ਇਹ ਉਹ ਮੰਗ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਸੁਣਾਉਂਦਾ.
General Discussion / Re: Artics on Saturdays
« Last post by triumph on January 12, 2019, 10:22:47 PM »
Apparently the 2 axle buses only need MR licenced drivers, whereas the bigger buses with 3 axles need drivers with HR licenses. Add in the voluntary aspect of weekend driver rostering - is this an influence on artic assigning?
« Last post by Busfanatic101 on January 12, 2019, 10:12:04 PM »
Your proposal to split R3 into separate routes is not only racist
What???
« Last post by Toyota Camry on January 12, 2019, 10:07:13 PM »
There is high demand for bus travel to the masjid in Spence at prayer times; your proposal to split R3 into separate routes is not only racist, but it also does not address that demand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10