Website | Forum | Gallery | Fleet Wiki
ACT Bus Forum

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Fleet / Re: Utilisation of old buses
« Last post by ajw373 on Yesterday at 11:53:30 PM »
I'm pretty sure that was the original intent anyway, but due to the way shifts are made and the lack of choice for drivers at any one time, most of the 'EURO' designated shifts have no choice but to use the Renaults, cause of the numbers left when said drivers go out to start.

No reason it couldnít be scheduled to have a bus changeover mid shift.

Question is weather it is worth it.
Fleet / Re: 40 new Scanias in 2018
« Last post by ajw373 on Yesterday at 11:49:10 PM »
It seems that some of the new vehicles have been fitted with tracking equipment from old Renaults; it is displaying on nxtbus that there will be a 300 departing Westfield Bus Station to Kippax at 23:19 which will not have wheelchair access. At this time of night; it would not be a Renault.

Most likely they are using old transponders on new buses. But they would without a doubt update the back end systems to know what buses those transponders are in.
« Last post by Busfanatic101 on Yesterday at 11:42:51 PM »
Like tonight, that particular service was a Belco PR3 (105). There is no time ever where there are not Renaults  >:D
Fleet / Re: Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread
« Last post by triumph on Yesterday at 10:04:52 PM »
963 sounded really sick yesterday. It was almost as if someone shoved a 500 year old unused out of tune flute plugged into an amplifier in the engine and thought "yeah, that'll do". The noise though, could still hear it several streets away after I got off.
Saw 963 in Civic this afternoon. Sounded normal. So apparently easily rectified.
Fleet / Re: Minor Maintenance/Repairs Thread
« Last post by Sylvan Loves Buses on Yesterday at 09:15:34 AM »
963 sounded really sick yesterday. It was almost as if someone shoved a 500 year old unused out of tune flute plugged into an amplifier in the engine and thought "yeah, that'll do". The noise though, could still hear it several streets away after I got off.
« Last post by Barry Drive on Yesterday at 08:03:18 AM »
I wouldn't be so sure. 3 of the last 5 300 trips North are shown on the website as NOT wheelchair accessible (including  that trip).

I haven't noticed any errors with the NXTBUS definitions for new buses.
Canberra Metro / The roofs on the LR shelters?
« Last post by Stan butler on Yesterday at 05:49:30 AM »
I noticed the top of the roof of the light rail shelters yesterday (they are on the ground on Northbourne and not yet installed).  Anyway, the thing that struck me is that the top of the shelters are actually concave and they donít seem to have any drainage holes in them. Meaning, they may collect water etc.

But I havenít noticed any drainage pipes or anything on the already installed roofs along Flemington.  So what will happen when it rains?   Will the top of the shelters simply collect water and then overflow?
« Last post by Toyota Camry on August 14, 2018, 11:08:57 PM »
It seems that some of the new vehicles have been fitted with tracking equipment from old Renaults; it is displaying on nxtbus that there will be a 300 departing Westfield Bus Station to Kippax at 23:19 which will not have wheelchair access. At this time of night; it would not be a Renault.
Canberra Metro / Re: Light Rail Stage 1 Construction
« Last post by triumph on August 14, 2018, 09:20:14 PM »
Been a while since I had an opportunity to have a look.
Today LRV001 was seen (from on foot) operating on the City bound track between just N of Mapleton Ave and the temporary storage area N of Nullabor Ave. It was accelerated then braked and, after a longish pause, the action then repeated.
LRV003 was parked in storage area on the other track.
The Mapleton Ave - Manning Clark Cr traffic crossover of Flemington Rd was closed to traffic but still available for pedestrians. Two traffic control guys were supervising. Learnt they think it is the 2nd day of daylight LRV operations and, that despite barriers, signage, cones, etc., they still needed to deal with motorists attempting to use the closed part.
When last seen the overhead installation was in progress as far as epic and poles in position to Phillip Ave.. The overhead is now strung to near the Barton Highway with stringing preparation as far as Swinden St stop. Poles are placed to Antill St. plus one beyond.
Did not have good view from fullish bus (643), so no chance of seeing rail installation progress but there appearto still be a small gap near Macarthur Ave.
The Playground / Re: What bus did you get today?
« Last post by triumph on August 14, 2018, 08:56:09 PM »
624 (15)
116 (250)
465 (200)
643 (200) Just fortuitous, next bus along when journey resumed.
386 (343)
589 (315)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10