ACTION TV Ads

Started by Buzz Killington, May 19, 2008, 06:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

Anyone seen the commercials for Network 08? Just saw one on Ten during Friends..

bubzie

sure have! saw it during neighbours.. (..what the hell? i was watching neighbours? ahh! shunn!)

I laughed at the lady saying that she was sick of having to get an early bus.
And having to put makeup on whilst on the bus. (whilst her hand slipped, and drew up about half of her face in lippie, which ..only the severly unco can do!!)

Buzz Killington

havent seen that one, the one i saw had some lady whinging about her kid and wanting a proper bus service or something

ended with some funky music and a female driver saying "Going your way" or something

CanberraTransport

The first I saw was during the TODAY show at about 7.58pm, and the others have been during National Nine News and WIN News.

Buzz Killington

All Channel Nine news programmes i notice. Do you ever change the channel?

And here i was thinking that all the kids watched the cartoons on Ten or ABC Kids in the mornings...

Irisbus Rider

They really are fantastic adverts! Well thought out, and they get the message across!

Trolleybusracer

Anyone able to Get one up to youtube so us mexicans can watch them?

Irisbus Rider

That would be good, we'll do our best, ha ha.

Busnerd

the answer is no, im the only cbr gunzell who has the technology and non assignment floods to do that in.

Bus 400

Quote from: Busnerd on May 20, 2008, 12:59:06 AM
the answer is no, im the only cbr gunzell who has the technology and non assignment floods to do that in.

Meanie

Irisbus Rider

Meanie?
WTF? He physically can't do it, he's about 300kms from the broadcast area!

I would, but don't have the technology as he mentioned.

Busnerd

ryan just tape the ad...buy a DVD-R then just press DUBBING a few seconds before the ad starts as it takes a few seconds to start, then once that is done go into the menu and finalise the CD.

Put it in the computer when its done and it will be the file call ???.VOB - send me that and i will convert it

Buzz Killington

yeah i'll get around to it

Buzz Killington

i've got the tape running - i've got the woman with her kid version, dont think i've got the woman with her lippy one yet, but i did go out of the room for a while.

Buzz Killington

annnnnd there's the second one

Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington

sorry, last second or two is cut off - i'll try to get that fixed up

Buzz Killington

that second one has a new version, with a asian male driver at the end. Didnt see the whole thing but I'm guessing the ad was updated with a "starting tomorrow"

Buzz Killington

there's a whole new ad now showing, people around town saying "if i had my way...." followed by a voiceover talking about a modern fleet (cue footage of scanias on adelaide ave, capital crl and anzac pde), also features the extended background music as heard on the radio ads, and a young-ish female driver "we're going your way!"

Irisbus Rider

Hey, good to hear/see. I'll have to look out for that one.

But Scanias on the ads? Pfft, that'll turn off passengers, ha ha.

Lockie

Here is the new ad guys.
Accidentally cut the thing a bit short.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjSldhNkCRY

It looks quite good when you watch it in high quality.

Buzz Killington

sweet, thanks for that Locki. Saves me doing it! :D

Irisbus Rider

You legend Locki! Thanks for that.

I breifly heard something about ACTION, raced to the TV and caught the end of the ad, but there is is! Thanks mate!

Regarding the ad, gosh it's professional! Top job for ACTION, I really hope it pays off for them, and more importantly, get bums on seats.

Busnerd

Quote from: Renault Rider on June 16, 2008, 10:59:45 PMand more importantly, get bums on seats.

Why would you want bums on seats, they'd never leave

*boom tish* sorry, it is 2am and im drinking a 'rockstar energy drink'

its no better than a joke todd just made, a mini ran a red light and todd was like "i coulda been crossing there you mini driver...not the actor' and it took me five seconds to get it,

Buzz Killington

thats terrible, even for todd.

Quote from: Renault Rider on June 16, 2008, 10:59:45 PM
You legend Locki! Thanks for that.

where the hell where you when i uploaded two videos??

Irisbus Rider

Ha ha, yeah, Sorry, thanks to you too Ryan.

Ad for the joke(s), I don't get them.....

Buzz Killington

bums on seats = two meanings - one is having passengers on buses, the other is literal- homeless people on seats
mini driver = a person driving a mini, and the actress.

Irisbus Rider

Ah, ok, I see.

Awful jokes.....

bubzie

Lol at the first one, but the second one..

Sir Pompously

I say that is more a pikelet......

And my Mini Driver joke was gold.

Buzz Killington

definitely a pikelet.

and both jokes were shit.