[VIC] General Discussion

Started by Busnerd, January 29, 2008, 09:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busnerd

Post any victorian/melbourne news, happenings and general discussion here.

This thread has been created for use of:

TrollyBusRacer
Bubzie
jb17kx

To Discuss issues and transport news in Melbourne.

Irisbus Rider

Buzz Killington

do we have members from other states? the only other one would be nsw

Busnerd

the "other states" is ACT/NSW which has the whole forum, any other states,to ATDB!

Irisbus Rider

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

Trolleybusracer

right...

Southern Cross has Been Partially Viclinked and Platforms have been Renamed Ie platform 3 central and north is now Platform  3a and b. New 5 section citadis trams on loan from France until 2011 arriving slowly first one is here.

O305

I hope Southbank's drivers will take care of those French trams!!

In other [VIC] news.. Wandong sucks.

Irisbus Rider

Trolleybusracer

Trolleybusracer

A Sita Driver Was Apparently Sacked today after Trying (and failing) to sell me a Pre used Daily Thus allowing him to Pocket My $10.10. with a quick call to metlink And the driver was met at melton (palmerston Street, Middle of route) and was taken in the staff car back to the depot A replacement driver was Found

Good Old Sita

O305

So what route was that on?

How do you know it was pre-used? It could have been that another passenger asked for a daily z1+2 and decided to get a zone 2 instead and he kept the ticket incase someone else wanted it.

Bus 400

Quote from: O305 on April 03, 2008, 12:55:28 AM
How do you know it was pre-used? It could have been that another passenger asked for a daily z1+2 and decided to get a zone 2 instead and he kept the ticket incase someone else wanted it.

Then he should of been able to provide metlink with a cancellation ticket. Which should of been printed when the passenger changed their mind.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on January 29, 2008, 09:27:28 PM
do we have members from other states? the only other one would be nsw

Don't forget that I'm from WA.

Busnerd

yes but i doubt there would be much discussion about WA with the one member from there, or rather from here but living there now.

Snorzac

Those coin only ticket machine are stupid especially when you have to buy multiple tickets

Trolleybusracer

well you cant buy multiple tickets (lets say for later) on the tram.... cause they get automagically Valadated, at Train stations There is ALWAYS a Note machine With exceptions to V line metcard Stations

Snorzac

Trams run so much better than buses but what happens when one stops.

Sir Pompously

Depending on the Location, vehicles will stop when a tram stops (On older trams there is a Stop Sign which flicks out when the doors open, with new trams they are orange flashing lights). This allows people to cross the road without being hit, although it is not fool proof and alot of interstaters and even locals will drive through unaware of the procedure. On Super Stops and Safety Zones I believe they are different as it allows the trams to drop off in a zone which is blocked off from traffic (Safety Zones have fences, superstops are a platform). 

Snorzac

I mean when the motor carks it for some reason

Trolleybusracer

Option 1: "R10" (Responce... Or Is it Rescue? 10) Gets called out and Tows the tram to the nearest Depot. at a Later date if the Depot cant fix it it will go to Preston Workshops where it will be fixed

Option 2: A Responce Crew is called with a tow bar which can be connected to 2 trams and the tram will either push or pull said tram to the depot, Again at a Later date if the Depot cant fix it it will go to Preston Workshops where it will be fixed... its looks very funny to see a Small Z Class Pulling a B!

Snorzac

I have some pictures from my July trip that I am editing down to a smaller size so stay tuned.