Route Planning Going Back To The Good Old Days

Started by Bus 400, June 18, 2011, 11:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Good to see ACTION have plans for new routes to start early in the suburb & not 2-3 years after the first residents move in. But the last comment is a bit of a joke.

belcodriver

It's a bit hard to get bus routes in early when the roads they need to use are only completed incrementally. There might be a roundabout so a bus can turn round such as the 44 does in West Macgregor. But suburbs such as Casey, Crace and Bonner have missed out on buses despite some people living there for at least a couple of years.

Busnerd

It's not just that, it is hard sometimes taking a bus route through a developing suburb where you will find ute's and trucks parked in inconvenient locations on the side of the road with piles of dirt/other construction materials, making it a nightmare for the bus to navigate the nowadays, tight streets.

Bus 400

The main road through Bonner (Mabo Boulevard) is mainly clear of construction trucks & utes as of last week. The main road through Casey (Overall Avenue) was mainly clear when I last went through there in a truck a few months back.

Work in Bonner & Casey has mostly moved away from those main roads & onto other future roads to be used by buses. The north & north east corner of Forde also misses out on a bus service (except for school buses to the school). However the extension of the new access road into road is progressing & should be ready in time for Network 12. But people can still be turned around from their cars, as is shown in Franklin. I say this as a few of the 57's that go through Franklin only are pretty full as they go through Mitchell of a morning.

But on the story of Crace, "Do you like how easy new suburbs are to design new bus routes? Crace will change that." But until it is just on finished it is going to be near impossible to get a bus service in there. The roads in there at the moment aree just so complecated & rubbish. It is also being developed very slowly, with areas I saw blocked off last year, still blocked off & they haven't changed much.