Renaults a-go-go!

Started by Barry Drive, June 18, 2010, 06:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

Yeah. Also it was a little strange they had all the stuff left in it.

smitho

Quote from: Metrobus on January 17, 2012, 09:36:46 PM
An engineless 842 was removed from Belconnen Depot today (with brand new ISRI seat in the drivers cab) on the back of the ACTION tow truck. It is believed the bus was taken to Sims Metal in Fyshwick.
842 was on the bricks at Tugg Depot this morning; internal stripping has started.

smitho

805 has been purchased by an ACTION driver...purpose unknown. 805 was in revenue service today and it is understood was withdrawn from the fleet after final revenue runs this afternoon.

808's future remains unclear although it may well be a candidate for canibalisation.

Bus 400

Bus 805 is sleeping with Bus 815 at Belconnen Depot this evening.

Kramden

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 20, 2012, 11:00:11 PM

805 stands out from the pack at Belco with its desto showing Torrens/Woden.  It kind of screams, "I've come from elsewhere".   

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 20, 2012, 11:00:11 PM
Quote from: Kramden on January 21, 2012, 01:39:48 AM
805 stands out from the pack at Belco with its desto showing Torrens/Woden.  It kind of screams, "I've come from elsewhere".   

...withdrawn? :'(

Bus 400

Going by Smitho's post & that it is sitting in Belconnen Depot's Morgue/Birthing Suite, I'd say so.

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 21, 2012, 01:53:09 PM
Going by Smitho's post & that it is sitting in Belconnen Depot's Morgue/Birthing Suite, I'd say so.

OK...Thanks to Bus400, smitho and Kramden.

Bus 400

Bus 840 left Woden Depot sometime in the last week. Destination unknown at this stage.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on January 22, 2012, 01:49:34 PM
Bus 840 left Woden Depot sometime in the last week. Destination unknown at this stage.
Destination ... known. Purchased by a driver. Refer to ACTBus facebook wall for more info.

Meanwhile, 845 has had a new radio installed. Either this means it will be in service for a while longer (since there are still other buses not yet fitted), or they're not worried about having to remove it again in a month or so.

Snorzac

804 sighted on a 6. I believe 'Merv 319' has a picture.

Buzz Killington

Where was the withdrawal reported? The Wiki was updated to say it was but I can't see a mention in this thread about it.

809 and 811 were both seen in service today.

Bus 400

It was reported on Twitter by me & Mr ACT Bus on the ACT Bus Facebook page.

It's another one of those when someone forgot to post it here.

Buzz Killington

Ah yes, I recall posting that after you reported it on Twitter.

For the record, it could be Mr or Mrs ACT Bus on Facebook.. There are four admins on the page. More often than not its me or ACTbusspotter though.

Merv319

Quote from: Metrobus on February 01, 2012, 04:31:03 PM
804 sighted on a 6. I believe 'Merv 319' has a picture.

Yes, I definitely saw that and got a photo as well- but my internet limit is quite slow so I'll be posting it later.

In Woden Depo, 808 and 843 were gone as well as 804.

Bus 400

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 01, 2012, 06:37:57 PM
For the record, it could be Mr or Mrs ACT Bus on Facebook.. There are four admins on the page. More often than not its me or ACTbusspotter though.

I'm curious as to who the Mrs ACT Bus is?

Buzz Killington

Bus 400

I was forgetting about her.

Snorzac

Bus 400

Is there another bus shortage? Or is Woden now being used as a spares depot?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Quote from: Merv319 on February 01, 2012, 06:51:05 PM
In Woden Depot, 808 and 843 were gone as well as 804.
So 808 is also likely to have had a temporary reprieve.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 02, 2012, 11:20:22 AM
So 808 is also likely to have had a temporary reprieve.

Understand that the reprieve affects 804, 808 and former Belco bus, 843...all 3 to go to Tuggy, just for several weeks it seems.

It is only a very short term fix while other buses are temporily withdrawn to have new two way radios fitted.

A bit of good news is that 810 was only out os service for a short time in order to fit it with a new two way radio...so hopefully we'll see this old veteran in service for some time to come.

Snorzac

Shouldn't have any thing to do with the radio system, I am sure 'ACTbusspotter' can confirm but they are capable of doing multiple buses a day, don't think it takes that long.

smitho

Quote from: Metrobus on February 02, 2012, 09:35:40 PM
Shouldn't have any thing to do with the radio system, I am sure 'ACTbusspotter' can confirm but they are capable of doing multiple buses a day, don't think it takes that long.

Apparently they're a bit behind on their installation targets.

Barry Drive

[Speculation only] Perhaps they are not waiting until the off peak period to do their installations. If they are starting earlier in day (to catch up to their installation targets), they'll need to take buses out of service during the busy morning peak. This may be less of a problem this week, but with schools going back next week they could run into a bus shortage which is where the 3 buses would help. [/specualtion]

Back to the regular topic, have there been any sightings of 815 recently - it's not at Woden nor Belconnen. Is it at T being stripped for parts? Or perhaps been sent off for metal recycling already?

smitho

Haven't seen 815 @ Tuggeranong.

The Love Guru

808 passed me this morning in service.

Barry Drive

The remains of 848 were removed from B depot sometime in the past two weeks.

Snorzac

Would have been this week, was still there on Tuesday.

Merv319

841 is no longer seen in Woden Depot. Also some of stags and MANs seemed to be gone as well.

Merv319

Quote from: smitho on February 02, 2012, 09:14:00 PM
Understand that the reprieve affects 804, 808 and former Belco bus, 843...all 3 to go to Tuggy, just for several weeks it seems.
A bit of good news is that 810 was only out os service for a short time in order to fit it with a new two way radio...so hopefully we'll see this old veteran in service for some time to come.

Meanwhile, 811 hasn't still got the new radio yet...confirmed that today, on a southbound 705.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on February 02, 2012, 09:14:00 PM
Don't read too much into it. 845 has a new radio and is destined for withdrawal within the next week (whenever 482 enters service - however much longer that will be).

smitho

808 was on the bricks today.

Barry Drive

809 is the latest withdrawal. Looks like Friday 17th was its last day in service.

smitho

808 was on the bricks again today but was permitted to operate in revenue service this afternoon 'on concession'.

843 (also on Tuggy bricks today) was also pressed in to revenue service this afternoon.

Bus 400

Bus 805 has been moved to Woden Depot either today or yesterday. This is the first withdrawal I've seen with a note in the dash advising every that Bus 805 is not a scrap bus.

Merv319

Bus 843 did the same run as 808 had done yesterday.

smitho

804, 808, 810 & 843 are getting regular revenue runs at peak periods, but then generally return to the bricks (excepting 810) where they are parked facing southwards; buses on the bricks are generally parked facing north.

All except 810 have the old 2 way radios still.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Merv319 on February 14, 2012, 09:26:52 PM
Meanwhile, 811 hasn't still got the new radio yet...confirmed that today, on a southbound 705.
And possibly never got one ... 811 is reported as being at Woden Depot with no plates. No info on the exact withdrawal date.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 24, 2012, 11:40:07 AM
And possibly never got one ... 811 is reported as being at Woden Depot with no plates. No info on the exact withdrawal date.

Had 843 for a short time yesterday, collecting it off the bricks; Ed had it on Tuesday or Wednesday. Haven't seen much of 808 this week....

Snorzac

Barry Drive

810 still in service, but 804 808 and presumably 843 now withdrawn again (needs confirmation).

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 25, 2012, 01:00:29 PM
810 still in service, but 804 808 and presumably 843 now withdrawn again (needs confirmation).

Used bother 804 and 843 during the past several days and noted 843 was in its usual spot on the bricks (facing south) yestrerday am...

Bus 400

Bus 804 is sitting on the Tuggeranong bricks with its BDC removed. Bus 814 is sitting at the back of Tuggeranong workshop with its BDC & side desto box covered up with a bit of paper.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 26, 2012, 04:38:57 PM
Bus 804 is sitting on the Tuggeranong bricks with its BDC removed. Bus 814 is sitting at the back of Tuggeranong workshop with its BDC & side desto box covered up with a bit of paper.

Sounds ominous...pity about 804 especially.

smitho

814 was parked out the front of Tuggy Workshops this am, minus Wayfarer/MyWay kit.

805 and 811 now parked at Woden Depot, stripped of items such as CCTV cameras, side desto (805), fare kits, two-way and the like. Most decals and transfers have also been removed also. These were the only Renaults parked at Woden this morning.

Notices on 805 state, 'For Sale, Not Scrap' and 'This is not a Scrap Bus'.

Barry Drive

808 confirmed "on the shelf". At B depot now with sister 809, awaiting an engine-ectomy. :-(

Buzz Killington

Mayor McCheese reported on Twitter that 808 left Canberra this afternoon, bound for Sims Metal :(

Barry Drive

Very likely that 809 has been reunited with 808 - at Sims. It's gone from B depot.

smitho

814 was still parked out the front of Tuggy Workshops this am, minus Wayfarer/MyWay kit....it retains its new two way radio kit, so may be it is only temporarily out of ACTION service.