Which Terminus/Interchange is it??? #12

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, September 25, 2016, 03:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hello again, welcome to the 12th installation of the Which Terminus/Interchange is it? Game.

Updated participation rule reminder:

1. 1 entry/guess each. (please no hints, I'd prefer to do that myself)
    2. Previous Winners with higher win counts can participate (and please do as opposed to private messaging me :P), but for each additional win, the amount of time will be increased before I will reveal the correct answer. (x1 win = 4 days, x2 = 7 days, x3 = 10 days - unless days exceed game date limit)
    Previous winners:
    • Barry Drive x1 win
    • Busfanatic101 x1 win
    • Bus 503 x2 wins
    • Buzz Killington x1 win
    • King of Buses x3 wins
    • Skitube x1 win
    • 743 x1 win
    • Bus 400 1x cancelled win
    So incase of a non-previous winner guessing correctly this new system will provide an extra chance for those who have not yet won.
    3. Please be advised, participating will also require your input for the actual drawing. (minimum input required - bus number/model)
    4. If you do know it, post it in!
    5. No trolling please.

Don't worry about missing out, there will always be a next time. I still have plenty of birds eye drawings left (some of which I still haven't done yet :-\).

Also, as game #7 may have pointed out, just cause this game is called 'terminus' (and interchanges), there are some that are included without the terminus name tag on them: Mitchell Cemetery, Terminus's, Interchanges, Bus Stations, terminating stops, etc. - See if that helps somewhat.

Which interchange/terminus is this?

Sylvan Loves Buses

No one's had an attempt yet? odd.

Well, Clue no.1: Of all the places to do a drawing of, this one would be best done during Spring. (at least from the few angles I'm thinking of)

Barry Drive

I'm guessing that's the old Mawson Terminus as mentioned in #10.

Sylvan Loves Buses

That would be correct, good job. I'll send you the details soon.

(I was hoping the pink bush/tree would give it away somewhat ;) - that would've been the second clue)

Barry Drive

It's my own fault. I should have seen that coming.

Bus 400

It looks more like Farrer East Terminus to me.

I thought the Old Mawson Terminus had an old blue gum right behind the shelter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 30, 2016, 10:07:43 PM
I thought the Old Mawson Terminus had an old blue gum right behind the shelter.

It probably has, but I only have a basic colouring pencil set, and I possibly didn't pay enough attention to all the tree colours.

Bus 400

Back in the day after the 720 was extended away from Southlands up to Farrer West Terminus (or as it is known publicly, Farrer Shops). This run was then extended once more up the Farrer East.

I only remember the blue gum, ass it matches the colour of the old barn that sat in that same location before Mawson was built.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on September 30, 2016, 10:37:25 PM
Where's this other terminus you speak of? I only know of the one that the 23/24 turn around on (which is this one)
In which case, you might want to check a map BEFORE you declare a winner.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Perhaps in the future,
USE SUPER BIG NOTICEABLE TEXT LIKE THIS SO I DON'T GET OVER EXCITED AND MIS-READ YOUR ANSWER THINKING THAT IT IS CORRECT WHEN IT REALLY ISN'T OR IS, BUT I WOULD GET CONFUSED CAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHICH TERMINUS/STOP YOU'RE REFERRING TO WHEN YOU SAY 'OLD'

Barry Drive

No, I never said "Farrer Terminus". And this has not been edited in any way:

Quote from: Barry Drive on September 30, 2016, 03:40:41 PM

Sylvan Loves Buses

bollocks, gawd I'm blind

how the **** did I mis-read Mawson for Farrer, geez...
(edit) now that I think of it, when I was writing that 'edited' quote, something did seem odd

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on September 30, 2016, 03:40:41 PM

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 30, 2016, 10:07:43 PM
It looks more like Farrer East Terminus to me.

Ok, so which one is the more correct answer then? cause...
Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on October 01, 2016, 09:47:10 PM
I DON'T KNOW WHICH TERMINUS/STOP YOU'RE REFERRING TO WHEN YOU SAY 'OLD'

Bus 400

I'll let Mr D have this one.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Barry Drive

Not sure where the confusion lies. If the correct answer is "Farrer" then "Mawson" is not correct, regardless of whether it is prefaced with "Old".

In which case, Bus400 is correct since the suburb names match.

The Love Guru

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on October 01, 2016, 10:06:28 PM
bollocks, gawd I'm blind

how the **** did I mis-read Mawson for Farrer, geez...
(edit) now that I think of it, when I was writing that 'edited' quote, something did seem odd

It's not just the 'edited' quote that seems odd here.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Sylvan Loves Buses

Alright, well let's just leave this mistake behind us, and move on.

I'm still hoping for something from you Barry for the drawing, regardless of which other terminus you were implying, and as Bus400 has handed it to you.

and just to clarify, this is the terminus off Lambrigg Street

Sylvan Loves Buses

As of the mayhem, I have decided to cancel this round, and do it by myself. I have an idea which I want to use for this time round anyway.

As there will no longer be a winner for this round, the (what would normally be) private stage shots of the production of this rounds drawing will be shown here when it's done for all to see.

Sylvan Loves Buses

And here it is.

Just so you know, that bus is my Concept Renault PR:120.5 steer-tag that I created back when I was obsessed with a bus simulation game. Concept livery too. (example of a re-draw from original below)