Renaults in service - includes Training Buses

Started by Snorzac, May 22, 2011, 11:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snorzac

BUS 786 appears to be the new Belconnen training bus.

Also word from a reliable source is that the Renaults at Woden will be stripped and scrapped shortly. I am looking into ways of acquiring one of these buses like Hobart did with their Scania 134. If you are interested please send me a PM. 

Barry Drive

786 now sports a large "Training Bus" sticker on its front. (Definitely a sticker this time.) Its front desto number box bas been removed.

Sir Pompously

Quote from: MyWay on June 03, 2011, 11:29:02 AM
786 now sports a large "Training Bus" sticker on its front. (Definitely a sticker this time.) Its front desto number box bas been removed.
Still don't know why they don't PATH Transit it and make it a special training bus, advertising the fact that you can be a bus driver! Would make sense and help a little with their recruitment drive.

Bus 400

Quote from: MyWay on June 03, 2011, 11:29:02 AM

Below is Bus 786 at Belconnen Depot sporting these features:

King of Buses

yesterday, 780 and 795 were at Tuggy Workshops with new stickers on the front saying 'training bus' just like 786.
Also a lot of MKI Renaults out today including 785 and 788

Kramden

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 13, 2011, 07:11:18 PM
Buses 802,784,787 and 824 are leaving for Adams Coachlines next Wednesday.

Also Bus 781 is sitting at Tuggeranong Bricks where the old bus use to sit.

I saw 781 in the past hour doing a lap of Marcus Clarke St City West with the training plates on.  Nigel (Tuggy trainer) was on board with a newbie at the wheel.

A newbie? Hey... that'll be ME in a few weeks!

King of Buses

781 was back at Tuggy as if it hadn't moved by 2:00pm today.

The Love Guru

You were at the depot at 2am why?

King of Buses

Quote from: Chris_Guru on July 15, 2011, 12:11:55 AM
You were at the depot at 2am why?

Oops. Wrong time. I wonder why it didn't change when I re-read it and edited. >:(

King of Buses

783 is now where 781 has been living for a while. A 8## series Renault is also next to the dart collection at Tuggy.

Adam's are not going to like 824! >:D

Kramden

#781 now at TISC for next round of trainees (starting 3 August) to do MR licence upgrade.

smitho

Noticed 783 stabled in the usual Tuggeranong training bus location yesterday, so assume this is another addition to the trainer 'fleet'.

Barry Drive

Quote from: smitho on July 23, 2011, 09:48:14 PM
Noticed 783 stabled in the usual Tuggeranong training bus location yesterday, so assume this is another addition to the trainer 'fleet'.
So, that means current training fleet consists of:

781, 869 @ TISC
780, 783, 795 @ T depot
786, 796 @ B depot

Is this correct?

Kramden

795 was sent to TISC last week but developed a mechanical fault.  I think it's a gearbox issue??  781 was hurridly dispatched as a replacement and that's what me another guy were learning on last Wed, Thur, Fri.

Obviously through lack of experience I can't compare the performance of various machines in the fleet against each other, but 781 seemed to perform very well.  It certainly holds air tremendously well to the point where you'd be lucky to get a few seconds of 'bells' upon starting from cold.

smitho

Having returned to driving artics after a long break, have found them to be in a far better operational state than they were, say 2 years ago...although interiors are looking worse for wear.

Kramden

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on July 25, 2011, 01:26:19 PM
So, that means current training fleet consists of:

781, 869 @ TISC
780, 783, 795 @ T depot
786, 796 @ B depot

Is this correct?

I was out at TISC this afternoon to finalise my MR licence upgrade which I did in 781.  Sadly 795 was there... on its knees.  The poor old dear has a serious transmission problem.  While out on training in recent days it got stuck in first gear and was returned to TISC through the streets of nearby QBN v-e-r-y slowly. This caused honking and bouts of general impatience from several road users.

The trainer reports that 795 will go back on the scrap line.

smitho

Have not spotted ANY 700 series Mark 1 non-artics @ Tuggy Depot this week;

lowest numbered Mark 1 identified at Tuggy Depot today was 803.

Barry Drive

So, until someone can tell me otherwise, the following will be regarded as the training fleet: 781 783 786 869.

smitho

783 was back in the usual Training Bus layover area at Tuggy Depot this am....

Merv319

Quote from: smitho on September 01, 2011, 11:35:48 AM
783 was back in the usual Training Bus layover area at Tuggy Depot this am....

Oh really...I saw 783 on London Circuit, near Canberra Theatre about 8am this morning.
Desto said "000 Special".

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on August 16, 2011, 02:56:44 PM
So, until someone can tell me otherwise, the following will be regarded as the training fleet: 781 783 786 869.
786 has had its advertising, ACTION logos and number plates removed. Which strongly suggests it's not a trainer anymore. 796 now appears to be the sole Belconnen trainer.

869 was, of course, removed in the great purge (and may never have been a trainer for more than a few days anyway).

So it looks like 781, 783 and 796 are the remaining trainers.

Can someone at T depot please confirm that both 781 & 783 are there? Or is one of them now at TISC?

King of Buses

smitho

Saw 858 doing a circuit around Tuggeranong Depot this morning with Learner's Plates (so evidently, this was TISC training); later came across it travelling north along the Parkway, turning off at Hindmarsh Drive and heading in the direction of the Weston Centre.

Kramden

Ah, ...takes me back.  If only a few months ago.  Another class must be looming.

smitho

783 was out and about in Bonython this afternoon, also with Learner's Plate,  but with a Tuggy Trainer on-board. Suspect it is a 'lapsed' former bus driver going for re-licensing...

Barry Drive

781 has come out of hiding - last night was parked at Belconnen Workshops "bricks". Still has BUS plates, so if it has gone to TISC, it is still owned by the Government.

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on November 15, 2011, 11:09:13 AM
781 has come out of hiding - last night was parked at Belconnen Workshops "bricks".

Bus 781 is now parked next to Bus 783 at Tuggeranong Depot.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 20, 2011, 04:43:40 PM
Bus 781 is now parked next to Bus 783 at Tuggeranong Depot.

Yes, I noticed that today; it wasn't there on Friday.

I think that the most recent driver basic training class graduated on Friday....may be TISC don't need 781 for a while now.

smitho

781 and 783 have had new rear end advertising applied to them.

Buzz Killington

methinks the bus advertising person didn't know they aren't in route service anymore

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on November 29, 2011, 10:20:32 PM
methinks the bus advertising person didn't know they aren't in route service anymore

Yeah, the bus advertising team come down from Sydney every now and then.

They probably grab whatever buses are in the Depot at the time....so not surprising that the PR3s and Mark 1s seem to cop quite a lot of the new adverts.

smitho

Quote from: smitho on November 30, 2011, 11:38:19 PM
Yeah, the bus advertising team come down from Sydney every now and then.

They probably grab whatever buses are in the Depot at the time....so not surprising that the PR3s and Mark 1s seem to cop quite a lot of the new adverts.

A handful of Tuggy Darts have been given the rear end treatment promoting 'Handwritten', the National Library's latest high profile public exhibition.

Artsound (wireless station 92.7 FM) is rolling out an advertising campaign using ACTION exterior bus space;Renaults and green buses.

smitho

Had 804 for regular shift work and a charter job today. Goes well.

Buzz Killington

Saw 822 in service this week, haven't seen 804 in a week or two.

Bus 400

Bus 804 & 805 both spotted in the City this afternoon.

822 and 845 passed each other in service on Cowper St, Dickson this morning.

Buzz Killington

Saw 804 and 808 on revenue service this arvo

smitho

810 & 811 were still in revenue service today...

Buzz Killington

I had 811 earlier in the week and another 81.. either 816 or 818.. Shame their days are numbered.

Was 808 still the Elvis bus when you had her, smitho?

smitho

No Buzz, the Elvis advertising had been removed by then, but it was still referred to as 'the Elvis bus' by some of the senior drivers.

It had previously been 'owned' by the same driver for many, many years and I'm told he took a lot of pride in keeping it in top condition....so it was always a sought after bus by other drivers. I considered myself pretty lucky to have it allocated to me as my morning shift bus, especially as it had an electronic desto.

Buzz Killington

Thought it would have been before your time.

Shame that less buses are 'owned' by drives nowadays. Overall there seems to be a whole less pride in the fleet than there once was.

Bus 400

I remember riding Bus 808 with the driver that "owned" her. It was the first ACTION Bus I regularly caught when i started at Lake Tuggeranong College. Then that 62S was replaced with a Dart in Network '06.

smitho

805 was in service this am, while 783 was out on training duties.

Buzz Killington

smitho

Had 818 today; goes very well.

smitho

Had 810 today - goes pretty well.

smitho

783 was out on the road this morning, presumably on training run for workshop staff or for a 'returning' driver (ie someone who has been away on long term leave).

smitho

Anyone seen 810 on the road lately? It was "behaving suspiciously" @ Tugg Depot on Monday morning, making me think it might be getting prepared for Woden.

Merv319

Quote from: smitho on February 02, 2012, 11:32:02 AM
Anyone seen 810 on the road lately? It was "behaving suspiciously" @ Tugg Depot on Monday morning, making me think it might be getting prepared for Woden.

I saw 810 this afternoon, in service.

smitho

810 was off road this morning receiving detailing attention in the Tuggy bus cleaning facility...

smitho

As a matter of interest, did the entire Renault fleet operate with the former pre-Wayfarer fare system, or was it just some of the older (Mark 1) fleet members??

Barry Drive

Snorzac

Pretty sure some of the early .3s did as well. 990 has a few holes in the drivers cab door from where the box used to be.

Bus 400

It wasn't the end for Bus 808 though as I saw it in the City Bus Station, with what looked like a trainer & trainee on revenue runs.

I suppose it doesn't matter if a trainee hits objects in a re-commissioned bus that has its days numbered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Merv319

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 20, 2012, 06:08:42 PM
It wasn't the end for Bus 808 though as I saw it in the City Bus Station, with what looked like a trainer & trainee on revenue runs.

Is that today? I've seen it on today's last southbound 705 today.

Bus 400

It was around 16:30 this afternoon.

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on February 20, 2012, 06:08:42 PM

I suppose it doesn't matter if a trainee hits objects in a re-commissioned bus that has its days numbered.

Probably a driver's  'return to service' assessment run rather than a trainee driver. Latest driver trainee intake only started their training towards the end of last week so they wouldn't be up to revenue runs at this stage.

Merv319

Hopefully not related to withdrawal thing, anyway Bus 893 was on road for driver training (with the yellow plate on dashboard) at noon yesterday, Gungahlin Market Place.

KimB10M

Quote from: smitho on February 25, 2012, 09:26:35 PM
Used bother 804 and 843 during the past several days and noted 843 was in its usual spot on the bricks (facing south) yestrerday am...

So maybe my video recording of #843 in service the 23th of February could have been it's final run?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BFK9t-5oBU&context=C30b31ddADOEgsToPDskIdf5_2xQJ2qUyDkOQY6R3K

Watch out for driver Smitho and the end of the clip.  :D

smitho

Great photography, thanks Kim.

I haven't seen 843 on the road again since the time you were with me last Thursday - couldn't see it around Tuggy Depot this am.

Buzz Killington

810 still in service this arvo.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 28, 2012, 05:02:35 PM
810 still in service this arvo.
Yes, I noticed it @ Tugg Interchange this arvo. It must be the grand-daddy of them all now, assuming 808 has gone back 'on the shelf'.

smitho

I had 810 today .... unlike 808, it has a new two way kit, but I guess that doesn't mean anything.

From memory, it is on the hit list to go up for sale this financial year. It goes pretty well, good am/fm radio although driver's air con unit could work better.

This afternoon, I not only had to contend with being dripped on by the a/c unit, and condensation on the windows, but also white misty vapours forming in the cock-pit. Curious!

smitho

862 should be made an early candidate for Mr Sims (Metals)...no wonder Belco Depot handed it back to Tuggy Depot so soon after its transfer to Belco in 2009. This bus has had a hard life.

Bus 400

Well at around 06:30 yesterday morning, Bus 862 was beaten up the hill on the Tuggeranong Parkway by a CNG Scania. This Scania ended up way ahead of Bus 862. Also when I overtook Bus 862 she sounded like she was struggling.

I saw Bus 812 around the same time on Thursday & this old girl wasn't struggling as much.

smitho

Yes, 862 struggles! Even makes 925 look respectable.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: smitho on March 10, 2012, 12:17:28 AM
862 should be made an early candidate for Mr Sims (Metals)...no wonder Belco Depot handed it back to Tuggy Depot so soon after its transfer to Belco in 2009. This bus has had a hard life.

Indeed. Had a front end rebuild some years ago after an accident - http://ratec.actbus.net/Bus%20Depots%20&%20Workshops/album/slides/workshop%20bus%20862-02.html

smitho

Had 861 yesterday afternoon; very feeble on acceleration, but otherwise smooth running and well presented; had just been put through a thorough detailing makeover.

King of Buses

I had a ride upon 783 this morning due to the artic breaking down. It isn't the best MKI i've ever been on.

Bus 400

WIN News has just reported that the Renault's engines are getting a make over to add an extra 5 years of life.

The story also said the oldest one is 20 years old & has done over 1,000,000k's

Barry Drive

Since the new Network will require fewer buses, they will take about 20 Renaults offline at a time to be overhauled.

smitho

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 11, 2012, 11:32:43 PM
Since the new Network will require fewer buses, they will take about 20 Renaults offline at a time to be overhauled.

Articles in today's Canberra Times (11 April) refer to the overhaul program.

Barry Drive

On the topic of Training Buses: last night 796 was parked at the back of Belconnen workshops, which is where withdrawn buses (and buses from T depot) are usually parked. Could this mean that 796's days as a training bus are over? Will they be choosing new trainers from the next buses being withdrawn? Or does it just need something fixed?

Barry Drive

Buzz Killington

I've seen 821 and 822 around today/yesterday

smitho

781 and 783 @ T Depot continue to see regular use as training buses, including for current basic training course.

smitho

959 at last off the bricks and back in service today.

Barry Drive

796 update: its days as a trainer do appear to be over.

CNG

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 11, 2012, 11:32:43 PM
Why does the network require fewer buses?

smitho

Re Tuggy training buses:-

781 hasn't been around Tuggy Depot for a few weeks now; either it has gone from the fleet or is at TISC.

783 was on the Tugg bricks today...

916 was used as an assessment bus yesterday (at Tugg Depot) as part of a driver recuit interviewing process.

818 was being used as a training bus @ T Depot today and was parked in the training bus bays this evening (where 781 & 783 have been parked until recently.

Buzz Killington

If 781 has been gone, what was parked next to 783 the last few weeks?

smitho

This week and last, 783 has been parked alone.

Buzz Killington

Fairly sure I spotted the Mk1 with the Masterton Homes ad last night (860?) in service. Couldn't be sure as it was dark and saw it side on quite quickly but appeared to have blue-over-orange livery.

Barry Drive

I also saw it last night and again tonight in the same place.

Bus 400

Bus 858 has returned to service after a weeks r&r at Woden Depot.

Bus 400

Buses 857,859 & 861 all spotted this morning dead running to Tuggeranong Depot. Bus 857 went straight to the bricks, I'm not sure if this is where it sits during the day or just needs fixing.

smitho

Did quick scan of Tugg shed this morning after the am peak; 861 and 862 were parked together and were the only Mark 1s readily visible.

smitho

818 parked in Tuggy Trainer Bus spot this week; no rack.

Bus 400

I don't if someone was having a joke or was confused. But on Thursday, Bus 818 was sitting on the bricks & Tuggeranong, while Bus 881 was sitting in the training bus spot. It did however still have all MyWay equipment attached.

smitho

818 was back in the training bus dock yesterday; I'd say 881 was deputising while 818 was not well.

There is a small class of 4 trainees going through at present.....in fact, they may have graduated yesterday.

smitho

Bus 123 occupying the Tuggy trainer bus position as of last week.

Bus 400

Bus 123 returned to Woden Depot this week. Bus 508 was sitting in the training spot yesterday (reportedly in prep for today's exercise), so no idea on its replacement.

Barry Drive

With 123's return to Woden, 861 is now parked in the designated Tuggy training parking bay.

Have not had any further sightings of 862 - not sure if it's still in service, but it hasn't been sent to the Attic*

* - "Dollhouse" reference

Buzz Killington

Looks like 861 may have been drafted into service on either Monday or Tuesday - had a school bus desto up on Tuesday arvo when I went past the depot.

Given that they have struggled to cover all services during the morning peak this week, I would be surprised if the training bus did get sent out on a school run.

Barry Drive

"School Bus" is commonly used as the desto for Training Buses. Does not mean it actually performed School Runs. I don't think it has a radio installed, so that would (or at least should) prevent it from doing any route work.

Buzz Killington

861 has been in the same spot for quite some time now. Can't recall what exactly was on the desto, but it was the same one for the whole time it's been parked there.

I only thought it likely went out one morning early in the week due to the apparent shortage (based on tweets from ACTION) - they obviously wouldn't send it out on regular revenue service but a school bus run this week seems plausible.

smitho

Tuggy trainer bus was apparently out in revenue service at the start of last week.

Buzz Killington

Just noticed I had referred to 818 above - meant to say 861. Have corrected the post.

Smitho - your post does seem to back my assumption. When I went past yesterday, the desto had been returned from school bus to 'blanked'

Barry Drive

And my comment about not having a radio referred to 818. 861 would still have a radio fitted, so what I said above does not apply to 861.

smitho

Quote from: Buzz Killington on February 08, 2013, 06:08:47 PM
861 has been in the same spot for quite some time now. Can't recall what exactly was on the desto, but it was the same one for the whole time it's been parked there.

The training buses still get a fair bit of use for training purposes even though they no longer need to be outposted to TISC at Sutton Rd. The pre-licensing training which used to be performed by TISC is now done 'in-house' by ACTION.

(This is the training needed to bring an applicant up to standard so that they can be issued with a medium rigid licence,complete with an ACT 'O' (Omnibus) endorsement....pre-requisites for commencing the formal one month ACTION training course.)

Barry Drive

The training buses have been updated in recent days with 878 (B) and 879 (T) now doing the honours. 781 and 861 are assumed to have been withdrawn and stored respectively.

Barry Drive

858 has joined 878 at B depot as a training bus. Quite likely that T depot also has a new training bus and that 878 & 879 will soon be put back into service.

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on March 31, 2013, 04:24:58 PM
781 and 861 are assumed to have been withdrawn and stored respectively.
In case it hasn't been mentioned elsewhere: 861 is being stripped for parts at T depot.

Bus 400

Bus 860 is the new Tuggeranong trainer.

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on June 28, 2013, 11:22:04 AM
878...will soon be put back into service.

Bus 878 has made a return to Woden Depot.

Bus 400

Make of it what you want, but Bus 873 has lost its desto box while sitting in Woden Depot.

Barry Drive

^ Lost. How? And what?

Am I correct to assume the front desto display has been removed but the glass is still in place? Or are you referring to the side box?

Somehow, I don't see the stored Renaults at Woden making a come back. Especially since they will need to install the NXTBUS equipment to them first. They may as well remove the bike racks (and all other equipment) and put them up for sale now.

smitho

Heading past Woden Depot this morning, I got the impression that the area had been cleared of some buses in recent days...certainly didn't look anywhere near as chock-a-block as it used to.

Bus 400

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on January 28, 2014, 02:02:46 PM
Am I correct to assume the front desto display has been removed but the glass is still in place? Or are you referring to the side box?

The glass appeared to be there, but the thing nobody looks at was gonesky.

Barry Drive

Not sure if this spells the end for 858, but 878 appears to have resumed duties as B depot training bus.

smitho

What appeared (at a distance) to be BUS 883 was being used at Tuggeranong Depot for training purposes yesterday.

BUS 860 is in regular daily use on revenue runs, especially in the morning peak.

smitho

Saw 860 doing a northbound route 61 this morning.

smitho

860 was being stripped of advertising vinyl this evening.

Barry Drive

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 30, 2014, 08:49:04 PM
Not sure if this spells the end for 858, but 878 appears to have resumed duties as B depot training bus.
In the past week, 878 has definitely been used for training. 858 also being used, but it recently had its bike rack removed - not sure if that means anything other than there being a lack of new bike racks.

smitho

Good to see 852 still chugging around town regularly like an aged but loyal trooper.

It must be some kind of mascot for the Belco Workshops.

volvo

Quote from: smitho on November 04, 2014, 09:22:11 PM
Good to see 852 still chugging around town regularly like an aged but loyal trooper.

It is nice to see it around still, I wonder how much longer they'll keep it in service for?
I've never actually been on it to be honest, what sort of condition is it in on the interior?

King of Buses

I've noticed over the past few days that 860 has disappeared from T Depot, and two other (intact) MKI's have appeared where the darts usually park (I think one is 855). They from what I see have all their equipment still (but then again, Im usually going past o Athllon Dr in a STAG). Actually, I haven't seen a Dart parked at T Depot since last week...I've seen them out, but not at the Depot...

Barry Drive

Are you sure they're Mk1 s? One could possibly be 857 which was last seen at Woden, but can't rule out 855 (as I can't recall seeing it in regular service recently).

Also explains why 878 appears to have resumed normal route service. (860 at last report was being stripped for parts at T depot.)

King of Buses

MkI's? Blue over orange livery? Yeah...

And they had the annoyingly placed BCC ads too...so I don't think that'd included 857.

Barry Drive

Quote from: King of Buses on February 11, 2015, 04:29:02 PM
And they had the annoyingly placed BCC ads too
You didn't think to mention that earlier?

The two new buses at Tuggeranong are 855 and 856. Based on their parking location, they will be trainers and/or spare buses.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on February 12, 2015, 11:35:33 AM
You didn't think to mention that earlier?

I couldn't see through people standing in a STAG...all I could see in the few centimetres between people was a couple of MKI's.

King of Buses

From a glance (once again through a heap of people on 468), 855 may not have My Way still installed. It was sitting where 860 used to at the Bricks and, while intact, didn't appear to have a front reader (Im not sure about the back on or the drivers console. 856 was also in the group of buses awaiting the workshops too.

Busfanatic101

HAHA. only a few weeks after having the ad replaced

King of Buses

855 wasn't at T Depot this morning.

856 was doing a 318 on a STAG shift (hence it was packed)...no My Way, not even sure if it had its side rollers (it had the front desto rollers though)...

Buzz Killington

Barry Drive

866 most likely to be next withdrawal. Still in service this week, but doubt it will be much longer.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on March 12, 2015, 08:24:34 PM
866 most likely to be next withdrawal. Still in service this week, but doubt it will be much longer.

Was still going strong last week when I got it on a route 2.

Quote from: Buzz Killington on March 05, 2015, 09:16:38 PM
853 still in service as of this afternoon

Was doing a 314 this evening too.

Haven't seen 852 for ages...is it still in service?

Barry Drive

Latest rumour is that 128 has been resuscitated as a Training bus, located at Belconnen.

See how long before it does revenue service.

Barry Drive

Bus 126 has been sighted parked on "the screen" at Tuggeranong Depot alongside 856. Since this is generally where training (only) buses reside, it is likely that it is now solely being used for training.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

King of Buses

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 06, 2015, 12:59:48 PM
Bus 126 has been sighted parked on "the screen" at Tuggeranong Depot alongside 856. Since this is generally where training (only) buses reside, it is likely that it is now solely being used for training.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

Have not seen 126 in service for a long time. Not sure where 855 has gone either. A few MKII PR2's have been down there too lately but not for too long, they always disappear within a few hours. Not sure if there would be a link...

Buzz Killington

Bus 503

Using my memory, 126 was in service on Tuesday although there is a chance it was 125.

King of Buses

855 is back at Belconnen. Possibly as a parts bus based off where it is parked (I.e. Where the parts bus of Belco goes...)

Bus 503

856 was out today - sighted it near the construction works at Majura Parkway.

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 22, 2015, 05:28:52 PM
856 was out today - sighted it near the construction works at Majura Parkway.

In service?

Bus 503

Quote from: King of Buses on April 22, 2015, 08:38:36 PM
In service?

Not sure as I was behind it until it turned off towards Fyshwick although the Number Plate was still BUS 856.

Bus 503

Quote from: ACTbusspotter on April 03, 2015, 10:20:20 AM
Latest rumour is that 128 has been resuscitated as a Training bus, located at Belconnen.

See how long before it does revenue service.

Nextthere has reported that 128 was in service today.

The Love Guru

115 was also sighted in service this morning.

King of Buses

853 was at Tuggeranong Bus Station this morning. Departed around 0825 on a 300 displaying 'Belconnen Express' on the desto.

Quote from: The Love Guru on April 29, 2015, 09:53:20 PM

::)

Bus 503

Quote from: The Love Guru on April 29, 2015, 09:53:20 PM

Unless I missed something, why does 115 matter about being in service?

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 30, 2015, 08:52:49 PM

Ignore him...The Love Guru is just stirring the pot... (more like shaking it violently)

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 503 on April 30, 2015, 08:52:49 PM
I was just pointing out a useless fact like you were about 128. 128 has been in service everyday for the past week and a bit so i don't see why you needed to tell us about it.

Remember that old news isn't news at all.

Barry Drive

Reports that the Belconnen "part-time" trainers, 853 and 128, have been calling Tuggeranong Depot home this week. Too soon to draw definite conclusions.

King of Buses

Quote from: Barry Drive on May 27, 2015, 12:15:45 PM
Reports that the Belconnen "part-time" trainers, 853 and 128, have been calling Tuggeranong Depot home this week. Too soon to draw definite conclusions.

128 was doing a Blue Rapid service yesterday PM peak (with the 'training bus' sticker on :p).

I got 853 this morning on a 318 from Lanyon to Belconnen too (it was a Belconnen shift). I must say, it runs much smoother than most Mk2 buses and certainly has far less rattles even when it goes over large bumps etc.

856 seems to be disappear most mornings from Tuggers too. 126 has gone a couple of times from T too. Not sure if it was for route service or Training duties though.

Barry Drive

With 574 in service last week, there are likely to be a few more Mk2 withdrawals from Tuggeranong soon.

872 is most likely the next withdrawal, so any sightings of 870-series and 881-883 in service would be appreciated.

(Having said that, I've seen 881 882 & 876? in the last week.)

King of Buses

I've seen 875, 876, 878, 881, 883, 886, 887 this week from the 87# and 88# series...

I got to go on 877 too. Haven't seen 872 though (perhaps I saw it earlier in the week). I managed to get some photos of the older ones too. Which was nice :D

Bus 503

2 questions:

Will buses retro fitted with the new Hanover Display equipment be in service longer than buses not fitted? As far as I know, no buses with Hanover equipment have been withdrawn yet.

And, has 853 been out this week? Haven't spotted it on NEXTTHERE yet or on the road.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: King of Buses on July 04, 2015, 03:37:35 PM
I've seen 875, 876, 878, 881, 883, 886, 887 this week from the 87# and 88# series...

I got to go on 877 too. Haven't seen 872 though (perhaps I saw it earlier in the week). I managed to get some photos of the older ones too. Which was nice :D

The number of times I saw 872 this week was probably more times than the total number of times I had seen it before in my whole life. So yes, 872 was out lots too.

Barry Drive

Answers:
1. Don't know. No reason why they wouldn't be withdrawn. Fairly easy to remove equipment.

2. Since it is not a Tuggeranong Mk2, yes. 853 is likely to remain in service until Belconnen starts getting new buses in a few months time.

Barry Drive

Same deal as before: with 576 in service this week, another withdrawal is likely. So any sightings of 872 877 878 & 883 in the coming week will be helpful.

Bus 503

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 01, 2015, 04:09:18 PM
Same deal as before: with 576 in service this week, another withdrawal is likely. So any sightings of 872 877 878 & 883 in the coming week will be helpful.

Why not sightings of 880 and 881?

King of Buses

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 02, 2015, 10:27:29 AM
Why not sightings of 880 and 881?

New buses are being delivered and entering service at Tuggers. Thus they are more likely to remove a tuggers Renault in place of a new Scania. Which rules out 880 and 881...as they are Belco buses

Lachie

King of Buses

I believe I saw 883 in service too by the way...

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Barry Drive on August 01, 2015, 04:09:18 PM

I saw 883 yesterday and 872 today

Bus 503

To a less annoying and pointless note, I sighted 882 in service today on school run #426.

The Love Guru

877 possible withdrawal.

King of Buses

878 is next to 876 at Tuggeranong Depot. Still intact.
There is an artic with no green on the front too...(as in, no panels around or between the headlights...). Possibly 526 if I read correctly.

Bus 503

On Renault withdrawals state or play, it says 881 is at Woden... But I saw it today in the city running routes.

The Love Guru

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 503 on August 24, 2015, 05:41:18 PM
On Renault withdrawals state or play, it says 881 is at Woden.
Yes, 881 still in service. My mistake - will fix that soon.

Bus 503

ACTION on Facebook have posted some photos of buses in training. Bus 882 was in some of the photos, as well as Bus 932. Has Bus 932 been withdrawn?

https://www.facebook.com/ACTIONBusesACT/posts/510183322493021

Snorzac

I would assume that both buses were just out there for the day, AFAIK Belconnen dont have a dedicated trainer so it was probably just a random .2 they grabbed out of the yard.