Recent trip to China

Started by Ed, September 30, 2010, 04:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

Just came back from a two week trip to China, stayed in Shanghai for one week and Beijing for the other. The sheer quantity of public transport services and infrastructure over in China will put any public transport service here to shame (but then the population of Shanghai alone almost equals the population of Australia)   

Will post photos soon.

smitho

Sir Pompously

Ed

QuoteMaglev, by chance?

430km/hr, you bet.

Ed

These are just of the transport photos while I was in China

Our tour bus to the Great Wall (unknown make and model)

Artic trolleybus in Beijing (unknown make and model)

Another tour bus parked next to ours

CRH1E EMU high speed train (the one that we caught from Shanghai to Beijing)

Another shot of the CRH1E

Another one leaving Shanghai Hongqiao station

CRH2 and CRH1E at Beijing South station

Another shot of the CRH2

Maglev in Shanghai

LED display board inside the Maglev showing the current speed and time

Snorzac

Nice pictures. The CRH2 appears to be based on the Japanese N700 series Shinkansen. The other tour bus appears to be a King Long (possibly Scania) and you can see that the artic has Scania hubs.

Sir Pompously

CRH 2 is an E2 Shinkansen E2 at Tokyo
One of the only models to actually be produced for Export (I think the N700 will be the next one produced for export aswell).

CRH1E is designed by Bombardier built in China and is apart of the Zefiro Range. They also have the CRH 3 which is based on the ICE3 by Siemans, CRH5 which is built by Alstom and last but not least, the X2000 Tilt Train (Of which is sadly in storage).

Nice photos Ed.

Ed

I have more photos of the CRH trains and the Maglev, I'll put them up in a different thread (due to the ten photos per thread rule). I'll also put them in the Rail section of the forum.

smitho

Very interersting pictures thanks Ed.

Do you know what track gauge(s) they use in China?

CNG

Hong Kong photos of mine will soon be appearing, btw great pitcures from china.

Ed

QuoteDo you know what track gauge(s) they use in China?

Mostly standard gauge, trains going to Russia and Mongolia change bogies on the border. (Both Russia and Mongolia use Russian gauge). One of the main lines going to Vietnam is metre gauge.