Deanes Transit Group

Started by Bus 400, August 16, 2010, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

Today I noticed Deanes Bus 283 in the DTG (Deanes Transit Group) livery as well as Bus 34.

I can't find any links of these buses so maybe they are new acquisitions? Bus 34 was the same as the other new Deanes buses. However Bus 283 was a bus body I hadn't seen before & didn't look that new.

The Love Guru

It is a Transborder MCA with Cummins/Allison. Has been in that livery for a couple of months now. I'd expect to see the rest of the Transborder school fleet repainted over time.

Bus 400

I have been informed of a rumour that the Transborder Mitchell Depot is to shut in the coming months, with those bus & coaches being transferred to the Deanes Queanbeyan Depot.

seat cover

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 09, 2010, 11:27:48 PM
I have been informed of a rumour that the Transborder Mitchell Depot is to shut in the coming months, with those bus & coaches being transferred to the Deanes Queanbeyan Depot.
This is now confirmed for November

Bus 400

I wonder what will happen to the Mitchell Depot? Also I suspect there may be a bit of a squeeze to get the extra buses into Queanbeyan Depot.

Bus 400

Deanes Transit Group have another new bus, this time it is Bus 37. It is the same body to the TBX 218, just it is in DTG livery.

Snorzac

They must have two, I am pretty sure "Chris_Guru" told me about sighting a 39 which was also a low floor.

The Transborder depot is now empty.

Bus 400

That must of all been done this week, as I went past Monday night & the last cars were driving out.

Queanbeyan Depot must be a site to see now.

Bus 400

Bus 34 is another new addition to the DTG fleet, it is another high floor bus similar to Bus 35.

Had a look at the Queanbeyan Depot on the weekend & the Transborder buses fit in perfectly.

EDIT-I spotted Bus 34 back in August, but it hasn't been added to the Bus Australia Fleet Lists.

Bus 400

DTG have a new bus in service, it is a similar body to Bus 35. At the moment, this bus has no fleet numbers, the rego is 6607MO. My memory is a little hazy, but I seem to recall it is also missing DTG sign writing. But I am sure it was a DTG bus as it had 833 Queanbeyan Express on the desto.

Snorzac

They do have an all white bus going around atm, not sure if it is a Hino or Volvo. Number 34 is a Volvo, I think this one could be 33, I remember that there was two Hinos delivered together and one was all white.

Bus 400

Bus 21 is a new addition to the DTG Fleet. Registration number is 6607MO. It has a similar body to DTG buses 32-35.

Snorzac

Volvo or Hino/ low floor or high floor

Bus 400

High floor, didn't get a chance to see the engine manufacture.

Snorzac

218 was today sighted in DBL livery

A new Volvo low floor was sighted at Southern Truck Centre yesterday, no fleet numbers yet.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Metrobus on April 21, 2011, 10:42:08 PM
218 was today sighted in DBL livery

That may explain why I saw a Deanes liveried bus operating a 981 this morning.

Hang on.. 218 was the one with the Transborder version of the Deanes livery wasn't it? Any others with that livery or was it a trial that didn't get adopted?

Bus 400

It is the only one I've heard of, maybe Mr Deane has plans to kill off the Transborder name all together?

Snorzac

I am pretty sure that is the plan, one of the MCAs (285 IIRC) was done early last year.

Buzz Killington

That's a shame. The Transborder livery (the one that's mostly grey) is very smart.

TBXbusboy101

I would be very disappointed if Deanes killed of the Transborder name. In my opinion 'Transborder' is a far better name than 'Deanes Transit Group', and Transborder has been around since the 50's, far longer then Deanes has. I have travelled on both Deanes and Transborder buses, and Transborder drivers are much friendlier, the buses are cleaner and there is more quality in the service. Not to mention Transborders buses look way better.

smitho

Yes, the Transborder crews are pretty friendly.

Regards company names, "Transborder" is a comparatively new name - it used to be called 'Yass-Canberra Coaches'.

Bus 400

Transborder bus with rego MO208 (Bus 228), was spotted with a DTG front, rear bumper & the Transborder livery everywhere else.

Snorzac

I hope that isn't one of the silver liveries, that would be the end of a decent livery!

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on June 02, 2011, 06:08:59 PM
Transborder bus with rego MO208 (Bus 228), was spotted with a DTG front, rear bumper & the Transborder livery everywhere else.

This afternoon I managed to photograph Bus 228 going through Belconnen Community Bus Station. If someone would like to see Bus 228 in the flesh, it seems to go through the Belconnen Community Bus Station between 16:00 & 16:20 each weekday.

smitho

Snorzac

Thankyou Deanes, you have ruined one of the nicest liveries around!!!

TBXbusboy101

Quote from: Metrobus on June 07, 2011, 10:59:20 PM
Thankyou Deanes, you have ruined one of the nicest liveries around!!!
Took the words right out of my mouth. Now it looks like the bus was in an accident and has had its front replaced. The blue back bumper looks so awful and out of place

Bus 400

A new low floor has entered service for DTG, fleet number 83. The rego is 6821MO.

Snorzac

That would be the bus mentioned in reply 14... took them long enough to get it on the road!

Bus 400

Quote from: Metrobus on June 17, 2011, 09:57:31 AM
That would be the bus mentioned in reply 14... took them long enough to get it on the road!

Quicker then ACTION.

A few hours later I spotted Bus 83 at City Bus Station, she almost left before I grabbed my camera.

Snorzac

Has anyone sighted a Deanes Bus with the rego 6609 MO. We are trying to sort it's fleet number as there is an RN8J with this rego to Deanes but we are unsure of a fleet number.

The Love Guru

I can also confirm that Deanes have disposed of Ex Transborder Coach MO214 (ACT), which is an Autobus bodied B12B. It has been sighted in grand touring livery in the city yesterday.

Bus 400

Went for a drive past the DTG Queanbeyan Depot today, the pie carts no longer feature the Airliner livery as they had for years. They are currently all white (from what I could see) or in the Deanes Buslines livery (old one). Bus 47 still features the Airliner livery

Snorzac

The piecarts have been out of Airliner livery for years. I didn't spot either 47 or 43 out there today...

Bus 400

There was one in the livery at my last drive by a month or so ago.

Snorzac

Must have missed it then my last few visits.

CNG

i was interested how r most of the shifts aranged for the deans drivers, do most of them just do a am s/r then spilt break then pm s/r sorry if this dose not relate to the thread.  :)

smitho

Quote from: CNG on September 26, 2011, 06:02:57 PM
i was interested how r most of the shifts aranged for the deans drivers, do most of them just do a am s/r then spilt break then pm s/r sorry if this dose not relate to the thread.  :)
Most Deanes' drivers are part-timers; my guess is that they'd nearly all have split shifts as scxhool runs are such a major part of the company's operations.

Bus 400

Bus 43 now features all white sides (it was previously in the Airliner livery).

Also a minibus was spotted today in the new Transborder sideways raindrop livery (what Bus 218 use to be in).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Busnerd

Sideways Raindrop Livery? Seriously...

Bus 400

Quote from: Busnerd on November 14, 2011, 06:53:32 PM
Sideways Raindrop Livery? Seriously...

Totally, fleet number is 102 with rego not fully known.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snorzac

The aformentioned Rosa was part of the US Presidents Motorcade today. Registered 2659 MO

Bus 400

DTG has a new low floor with Bus 22.
I spotted it driving through City West layover & was unable to get anymore details. It did appear to have DBL on the side with current livery style.

It looks like I forgot to mention this, but DTG also has a newer high floor with Bus 31. I first spotted it at the Canberra Airport Open Day.

Snorzac

31 is approx 18 months old... nothing new there

smitho

Have you noticed that Deane's bus running around with a big advert on its right hand side promoting a local ACT assembly member?

First time I've seen standard commuter buses used for political promotions.

Buzz Killington

Recall some news a while back that the ad was rejected by ACTION, who don't allow political advertising

smitho

Yeah, I can't see why Deane's would want to put off a sizeable chunk of its local ridership with a political ad like this.

Bus 400

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 24, 2012, 08:06:04 PM
DTG has a new low floor with Bus 22.
I spotted it driving through City West layover & was unable to get anymore details. It did appear to have DBL on the side with current livery style.

The registration is 6688MO & does in fact have DBL on the front & side. I wonder if this means anything?

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on July 28, 2012, 10:19:18 AM
The registration is 6688MO & does in fact have DBL on the front & side. I wonder if this means anything?
It does, it's owned by Deanes Bus Lines

Bus 400

Quote from: The Love Guru on July 28, 2012, 05:04:49 PM
It does, it's owned by Deanes Bus Lines

But every other new bus, previously, had DTG on the front & side.