Canberra Centre

Started by Buzz Killington, December 15, 2009, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz Killington

So the Canberra Centre have now installed the red/green/blue lighting above their carparks as well as guidance signs to direct people to the free parks.

I used it last week and it works really well, and saves so much hassle in driving around and around looking for a park.

What are people's thoughts? Great that we're finally getting this technology in Canberra, and hopefully it will be rolled out to other centres before too long.

The Love Guru

I think it is a great idea. Worked well the days i've used, however i did see numerous spots with cars in them with light above them still green. Dare say once the bugs are sorted out it will speed up things in the car park.

I also think it just looks totally funky to have rows and rows of LED's lit up!

Busnerd

About time a shopping centre in Canberra got this!

Buzz Killington

How long have they had the big carpark signs along the middle of Cooyong St advising how many spaces are free in each carpark?

p_stampy

Probably less than 2 months? I think it was about that long since we last went driving around there and I don't remember seeing them.

Buzz Killington

Rather than starting a new thread for this news, figured I'd turn this existing thread into a general one for the Canberra Centre.

Anyways.. say bye bye to Borders: http://the-riotact.com/borders-gone/46981

Buzz Killington