Which Terminus is it #20

Started by Sylvan Loves Buses, May 24, 2017, 10:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sylvan Loves Buses

Welcome back to the 20th 'Which Terminus is it?' game.

Rule Reminder:

• 1 entry/guess each unless otherwise instructed. Hints will be posted in to aid those who are unsure (or to encourage those who do know the answer) every 4-7 days as the round continues.
  • Previous winners will not be excluded when they have higher win counts than others (unless they have won 2 in a row already), as I would like to have more variety for the inspiration when creating the works. However, if a user who has not yet won a round, a win-swap may be granted to them if the round winner accepts the handover and if they've abided to the game rules.

Please be advised though, participating will require your input for the artwork. Instructions will be private messaged to you soon after you submit the correct answer, with the full list of options of which you can either list a few details which I can then work with, or if preferred, you can give me a challenge by presenting me with an extensively detailed list of instructions.
    However, if necessary and you do not submit any details to me by the cut-off date, I will cancel the entry, and have to use one of my back-up ideas - ideas which I would only prefer to use if absolutely necessary.
  • Only post if your comment includes you entry - at least until the correct entry has been revealed, then all discussions may continue
  • No verbal disputes or/and controversies over my naming of the Termini/Interchanges vs Stations and multi-suburban-named termini
  • In your entry, please state the Terminus/Interchange/Station/Area name, do not use bus stop numbers, and if requested, please provide the street name/s that this location sits at
  • No cheating
So, Which terminus/interchange does this look like?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Hint no.1 - This one is still in use today

Barry Drive

As a bus stop?

It would be the old Route 11 terminus on Hodgson Cres.

Sylvan Loves Buses

I only know bus networks back to Network '98.

Could I have the bus stop no.s please.

Busfanatic101

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on May 24, 2017, 10:29:11 PM

• In your entry, please state the Terminus/Interchange/Station/Area name, do not use bus stop numbers, and if requested, please provide the street name/s that this location sits at

Hmm... Why was that a rule in the first place?

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on June 01, 2017, 06:12:10 PM
I only know bus networks back to Network '98.
That's not my problem. I stand by my answer. Just how many "old" bus terminuseses do you think exist on Hodgson Cres?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on June 02, 2017, 09:05:28 AM

Hmm... Why was that a rule in the first place?

**** no, ugh, I meant other roads (side streets) the location sits at

Sylvan Loves Buses

I have now edited the next rounds text to confront that error, thank you for highlighting that issue Busfanatic.

@Barry Drive - I need to confirm exactly where you mean as I do not know the Southlands area as much as you do. I know there are many bus stops and termini around there, but I cannot accurately answer "how many "old" bus terminuseses do you think exist on Hodgson Cres?".
I accept your original answer, but to determine whether it is correct or not, could you please either include at least 1 other street name that connects/crosses Hodgson Crescent that is close to the bus stop you're thinking of, post in a small google image dropped on the location - or if you want to be absolutely specific, name the house address it sits at.

Also to make sure we're both on the same page, when I said "I only know bus networks back to Network '98", I was referring to the route number you mentioned.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Quote from: Busfanatic101 on June 02, 2017, 05:44:21 PM
Now, that, is a cool URL, and it even works!

Yeah, I know right ::)

The round is still open for anyone else who thinks they know it.
              The "Terminus name" hasn't been revealed yet, so yeah, not done yet.
That's the second clue ^, it has 'Terminus' in its name...

Sylvan Loves Buses

Sylvan Loves Buses

The Terminus name still hasn't been revealed. Last chances before I cancel the round.

Barry Drive

Yes it has. "Hodgson Crescent" was mentioned above. How is that not satisfactory?

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well from what I can see,
1. it doesn't have 'Terminus' in it,
and 2. it's not called that in the Gallery

Sylvan Loves Buses

Round Cancelled

The answer I was looking for was Pearce Terminus.

Sylvan Loves Buses

As I'm having to do this one by myself, so I will share the drawing stages with you all.

It is not done yet, but if you're interested, you can check out where it's headed.

Barry Drive

So I looked at the link and can't see any drawing of the old Hodgson Cres Terminus. All I can see is a bus shelter - which definitely isn't now or ever was a terminus.

Sylvan Loves Buses

Well, who was the fool who added this to the gallery then?

Ugh anyway....

Number 20 completed.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Sylvan Loves Buses on June 25, 2017, 01:03:49 AM
Well, who was the fool who added this to the gallery then?

That photo correctly shows the location of Pearce Terminus. The drawing does not.