General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bus 400

People were lucky today when one of the older style platform boards fell on Platform 10 at Woden Interchange. These Supervisors fixed it up, but the old maps has shown up.

Bus 400

Also I think I may of spotted a Transborder coach in the new livery. It was in the far distance on Northbourne, but the rear 'waves' looked like a Transborder livery

Jack Bauer

Is Tom Elliot still the Head (or was it Spokesperson?) of ACTION?

Buzz Killington

I think it's Tim Swift now, though I may be wrong. Liz Clarke has also been the public face of late.

Irisbus Rider

Last I heard, Tom Elliott was on leave, and Tim Swift was 'filling in' for him, because I'm unable to find anything that states Tom Elliott has officially left the top job.

Bus 400

Liz Clarke is acting General Manager. She is acting for Swift as I partly remember a few headlines going around were "Swift ACTION blah blah" around the time of the Union wanting the ACTION General Manager sacked. Funny thing was Stanhopey said Swift was safe & now Elliot is acting in his role.

Bus 400

There was a lovely sight at the Railway Station.

The loudspeaker at the station was telling everyone the train was 45 minutes late. 2.35 minutes later a whole lot of taxis flew off, then the message said the train was due in 20 minutes.

Busnerd

Good thing about this is now that passengers won't have to wait for the 80 or 8 or whatever its called these days when their train is delayed. Knowing there is a 727 a short wait away is a relief

Bus 400

Also it is a guarantee that the 727 will be a low floor for their suitcases.

Busnerd

Yeah, Once I got off the train with a backpack, another bag and two green bags, was a lot to juggle. Then had to get on a .2 and buy a transfer

Snorzac

I spotted an Mk I artic leaving the City at about 12:30pm today. Two southbound redex services in a row didn't turn up at around 1pm today.

CNG

Just some info on belconen and tuggers depot and I was interested in knowing can drivers change into a different bus which is bassed at a different depot, half way through shift. For example a driver bassed at tuggers depot, changes from bus 123 renualt pr100.3 to bus 301 irisbus agoraline

Buzz Killington

I've never heard of it happening, mainly because then buses will most likely end up being left at the wrong depot.

Some shifts will require drivers to change buses (say, a standard to an artic or midi), but they would need to return to their bus to its depot and then take another bus from that same depot.

When Woden Depot reopens, maybe this sort of thing will occur, but it's probably not worth the hassle

CNG

Thanks I was just interested because I once saw on a drivers shift card CNG inprinted and the driver was bassed at belconen depot

Buzz Killington

Where a Belconnen Shift is stamped with 'CNG' bus it means that the driver needs to take a bus with a bike rack.

Makes sense hey!

smitho

Latest I've heard on the recommissioned Woden Depot is that it will not really be a satellite depot after all, but a free standing operation like the other two depots.

I'm not sure how accurate this report is - you would think that in the initial reopening phase when there will be just SNT buses based there, it would need to operate more as a satellite depot.

smitho

Quote from: rolfe on November 29, 2009, 08:27:46 PM
Just some info on belconen and tuggers depot and I was interested in knowing can drivers change into a different bus which is bassed at a different depot, half way through shift. For example a driver bassed at tuggers depot, changes from bus 123 renualt pr100.3 to bus 301 irisbus agoraline
There was an arrangement a few years ago when a small number of Belco gas operated PR3s shuffled between the two depots because they had to be refuelled at Tuggeranong. As far as I know, they were just operated by Belco Depot drivers.

Snorzac

The CNG shift card have a story that sort of make sense. In May when Tuggeranong transferred the 20 or so buses to Belco they were originally going to be gassies and there were a few belco shifts that had been dedicated as a gas bus.

CNG

That seems like that it was such a hassel having CNG buses bassed at belco, when they still needed to be refueled  at tuggers. Belco diffently needs to get a CNG fuelling facility, so northside can get their share of the gases

lukeo25

just a quick question from my dad, he is wondering when do ACTION release their christmas timetable?

CNG

probably a week or two before christmas, however it dose depend due to times, routes and driver availability

Barry Drive

Quote from: lukeo25 on December 01, 2009, 07:09:02 PM
just a quick question from my dad, he is wondering when do ACTION release their christmas timetable?
By that do you mean Christmas Day timetable or the period 29-31 December? Because the Christmas Day timetable is likely to be the same as last year.

Buzz Killington

I would assume he means the Christmas/New Year period.

lukeo25

CNG

Yes I did mean the christmas/ new year period timtable thanks

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Irisbus Rider on November 16, 2009, 11:34:29 AM
Last I heard, Tom Elliott was on leave, and Tim Swift was 'filling in' for him, because I'm unable to find anything that states Tom Elliott has officially left the top job.

Just a late follow up - Tim Swift has left ACTION after 26 years and has headed up north.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Buzz Killington on December 05, 2009, 03:06:12 PM
Just a late follow up - Tim Swift has left ACTION after 26 years and has headed up north.
And Tom Elliot has now officially been appointed as Executive Director of the Transport and Infrastructure Division of TAMS. In other words, he is in charge of the division which includes ACTION. Liz Clarke is acting General Manager until a permanent replacement is recruited. No word on who is filling Liz's regular position.