General Discussion

Started by Buzz Killington, April 02, 2008, 06:08:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irisbus Rider

Just reading the ACTION website homepage;
Quote from: ACTIONAs part of Westfield Belconnen's upgrade, the red pedestrian bridge will be temporarily relocated. Druing the relocation process, the red pedestrian bridge will be closed to public access from Monday 31st August 2009.
The ACTION proofreader has struck again :P

Busnerd

Given reports?

So 104.7, 106.3, 2CC?

Bus 400

Quote from: MaxiZac on September 03, 2009, 11:56:15 PM
Given reports?

So 104.7, 106.3, 2CC?

ESA (Emergency Services Authority) Staff

Buzz Killington

i went along Coppins Crossing, then left into Uriarra and left onto Cotter. This was about 5.30pm and I didn't see anything, but a few Deanes were headed up Uriarra.

Bus 400

I wonder if anyone else knows there are now pdf versions of ACTION Network Maps

Buzz Killington

yeah, they've been there for a while now

lukeo25

the xpresso services mini-map on the weekday network map still says belconnen interchange!!!

lukeo25

i saw bus 390 going towards tuggers at 1.10 this avro between sulwood dr and wanniassa shops, i noted the special livery but i was going to fast to note if it was on a route or not

Snorzac

AFAIK they haven't even started driver training on it yet so I doubt it was on a route

lukeo25

but i did see it nor did i see the driver

Bus 400

It went to Tuggeranong Workshop, no idea why it went the way it did.
But a few mechanics looked over it & some Public Servant person was there walking around the bus on his phone.
Got to have a look at the engine, it looks quite similar to the gas MAN engines.

Snorzac

Of course it is the same engine!!!!!!!!!! it is exactly the same model of bus just no gas pod!

Bus 400

I spotted a swooping magpie at Cohen Street Bus Station today. Twice when I was there I spotted this bird swoop at only people that were pushing prams. I don't know what happened about it, but I reported it to Canberra Connect & the Ranger called me back.

So anyone with a pram better watch out.

Snorzac

I saw 365 broken down on College st last night. At about 1pm this afternoon I also saw 374 broken down in exactly the same place, the first MAN I have seen broken down.

Bus 400

I don't know if I am allowed to mention the numbers. But this morning a request went out for drivers to cover a very high amount of shifts/runs that can't be covered out of a certain depot this afternoon.

Busnerd

Is that what you were scoping out at Cohen St station thisafternoon, talking to the driver of the 898

Bus 400

I can't discuss what was said.

The call went out at around 11:30am.

Bus 400

Does anyone know what company did the Merc bus that Capital Coaches own? It has a fleet number 3 & has rego MO 262.

I spotted it a few times around Tuggeranong this afternoon. It is all white with the Capital Coaches bus license details in the usual spot.

Snorzac

im sorry, that made no sense at all.

Buzz Killington

if you're asking who owned it, I recall seeing it in the NSW Fleetlists. Think it was Yass.

Bus 400

Is anyone able to tell me what is different about Buses 849 & 900? I spotted a laminated note in the driver cabin of 900 but couldn't read it properly, but had something about a feedback form.

Snorzac

it is 900 & 839, they have the new ACTION spec national seat in them

Irisbus Rider

I think it is actually 849.....

Snorzac

Irisbus Rider

Again, my credibility walks out the door, it is in fact 839.

smitho

A number of Tuggeranong Depot details (= weekend shifts) are being worked by Belconnen drivers this long weekend.

Bus 400

Is anyone able to tell me if there has ever been any problems with Bus 946? As I was in it this morning & both roof hatches have been replaced with a style I haven't seen before, the window on the left side right in front of the rear doors has its hopper window missing & the hopper window above the luggage rack doesn't have anything stopping the window from opening (most MkII's have had this window screwed shut since the security cameras were installed)

Barry Drive

To have been 'replaced' means there was something different originally. This is not the case. Just like 808, 820, 855 and 940, 946 was trialling a different body option - 946 had a different make of roof hatch.

Bus 400

920 has also had window above the luggage rack unscrewed. You can easily get this window open, but it is quite hard to close the window again without damaging the plastic pipe that contains the security camera data.  Also Platform 2 at Cohen Street Bus Station has had a bit of damamge done to it.

Note: Attachment has expired.

Snorzac

Bus 400

& FFFM & YF mean what exactly?

Snorzac

YF=Your F*&ked
FFFM=Fyshwick Fresh Food Markets

Bus 400

Curiosity may of killed the cat, but I am curious as to why & how?

Bus 400

Bus 122 had a slight problem while dead running on the Parkway tonight. The bus moved into the right hand lane & then all of a sudden the bus moved back into the left hand lane & then crawled in the breakdown lane.

Bus 400

Did anyone go out to the AFP Open Day today? I was told that one of the ACTION Buses that was written off after hitting a tree is out there for the Police to train with. Much like 703 is used at ACT Fire Brigade Training Centre.

Snorzac

Probably 914. Although it could be 797 maybe someone else can enlighten us.

Bus 400

It was taken out there around 5 years ago

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

It's good that even the written-off buses can still be put to good use!

Bus 400

I noticed this a few weeks ago, but ACTION have now run out of bus stop blades with the old logo.

Buzz Killington

Where are the new ones at?

Reminds me - was driving down Giles St last week and noticed a blade with a lot of print on it. Will have to go past again and see what it says.

Sir Pompously

The ones on Eyre and Giles Streets both have route information on them from memory. However I would say outdated as they have been there for a while (I remember seeing them on the odd afternoon after school I went to Kingston, even when my brother was going to Marist so before 2004).

Irisbus Rider

That would be correct, they state the 38, 39 and 84 service the stop. Quite ridiculous, as those routes ceased in '06 (from memory).

Bus 400

Much like the big info boards on the stops on Constituion Ave & London Circuit. Constitution Ave still shows Route 250 & until Network '08 ACTEW stop on London Cct showed Route 80 Woden via Fyshwick.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Bus 400 on October 24, 2009, 08:58:11 PM
I noticed this a few weeks ago, but ACTION have now run out of bus stop blades with the old logo.
'Run out' is not correct. ACTION do still have some spare blades with the old logos on them. To be more accurate, ACTION have now got bus stop blades with the current ACTION logo on them. They can be seen at various locations - there is one on Nettlefold St and several in Higgins (Fullagar Cres). The bus logo on them is different as well (a bit larger then before).

route56

when did the last leyland bus operate and what number was it ?

Buzz Killington

The Leylands were Fleet Numbers 256 - 325. Not sure on what the last one to operate was, but I believe they were all withdrawn by 1990.

Bus 400

I probaly should report this finally.

It appears that during October ACTION started replacing the white Holden Viva fleet that are used by ACTION Management/Customer Service with silver Hyundai i30's. The Management cars have no logos, with customer service cars have the TAMS logo on both sides & the ACTION logo on the back-as per the Viva's. The Supervisor vans should stay around for a few more years as more money is spent on them (security cameras).

Bus 400

There was a Grand Touring coach in Belconnen Depot this afternoon

Buzz Killington

Time Saver Traffic indicated a bus/car collision on Clift Cres Richardson this arvo.. anyone know anything?