Photos of the Month: July 2010

Started by Buzz Killington, June 18, 2010, 08:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick your three favourites..

You may only select up to 3 options.

Buzz Killington

Members are invited to submit two photographs for Photos of the Month - July.

The winning photo is displayed on the actbus.net frontpage for the month, whilst the runner up is displayed on the Wiki front page for the month.

Nominations close 25/6. To submit, either post your photos in this thread, or email them to website@actbus.net

Irisbus Rider

Two nominations from myself;

MAN 18.310 seen exiting Vernon Cct in the CBD of Canberra. This vehicle is seen here due to the partial closure of the City Interchange.

Renault PR100.2 MkII 955 travelling down Josephson St, followed by Renault PR100.2 MkII 906. These vehicles are seen here due to the closing of Lathlain St.

Bus 400

My first nomination is Bus 414 on its second day in service on a southbound 934 on Belconnen Way O'Connor:

Sir Pompously

Bus 400, please edit your photo to be no larger than 820x820. Photo is wayyyyyy too large.

Bus 400

Fixed up, a little pixie had altered the upload settings.

Buzz Killington

That first photo is superb, Irisbus Rider.

It's Vernon CIRCLE, by the way.

CNG

Yes I would have to say some of the best transport photographs I have ever have come from this forum and a large number of members are very skilled in this area, in  particular metrobus, bus 400 and irisbus rider. The pics are of such a high qulaity and are honestly superb, I really enjoy viewing them and Iam going to try and put my photography skills to the test when I go to Hong Kong latter in the year and take a few pictures of their marvellous buses, any tips from the professionals. This may be the wrong thread for this comment so I apologise.

Sir Pompously

Thanks for adding me in there, CNG...............

CNG

Quote from: Sir Pompously on June 20, 2010, 08:07:21 AM
Thanks for adding me in there, CNG...............

and of course sir pompously

Sir Pompously

Here are my selections for the Month:

BUS-956 a Renault/MACK PR100.2 MkII is seen on Gundaroo Drive heading towards Gungahlin. The "Drink and Drive, It's a Crime" sign is apart of the ACT Governments road safety campaign

BUS-374 a MAN 18.310CNG is seen on Cohen Street after completing a 56

CNG

Buzz Killington

A reminder that nominations close Friday

Barry Drive

Bus 400 - can you hurry up and nominate one of your lakeside (Menindee Dr BARTON) photos of Bus 929. The first one was better IMO, but either one will do.

The Love Guru

Phone photo that would have won if it had decent quality.

Another angle

Bus 400

Second nomination is.........

Bus 929 on Menindee Drive, Barton

Snorzac

Buzz Killington

Voting is open.

As a trial, guests are permitted to vote this month.

Buzz Killington

Congratulations to Irisbus Rider and Sir Pompously!

Snorzac

How does that work?

My picture of 707 got 4 votes, my other picture tied with Sir P's as well

Buzz Killington

Odd.. when I checked it last, Sir P's photo was ahead..

I'll get that fixed now

Sir Pompously

Lol, I don't mind getting in there by mistake ;)