General Discussion 2010

Started by Barry Drive, January 13, 2010, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Pompously

For those that have been driving/riding on the weekend, what have the loads to floriade been like? The 900 I caught just now had a standing load to floriade, most got off, then a standing load from floriade to the city.

smitho

Drove on Saturday 25th Sep, but only 2 runs went via Commonwealth Ave - a northbound 932 (early afternoon) and a southbound 900 (late afternoon).

Patronage to and from Floriade stop was light in both cases. Civic was pretty quiet too.

belcodriver

Question for the road rule nerds, I saw a Winnebago towing a toy 4WD on Northbourne yesterday, is that legal? There was no indication that it was under tow and I don't know if the brake lights and indicators were working.

Snorzac

Bus 400

Photo #5 (VHF 571) is ex ACTION Bus 457
Photo #6 (VRZ 854) is ex TransAdelaide
Photo #7 (VHF 571) is ex ACTION Bus 457
Photo #8 (RZA 094) is ex SA Department of Education
Photo #9 (UMG 738) has no record

Found that out by searching Bus Australia Fleet lists http://www.busaustralia.com/fleetlists/sa.php?search=MUR&ltype=old

The Love Guru

Quote from: belcodriver on October 05, 2010, 10:29:49 AM
Question for the road rule nerds, I saw a Winnebago towing a toy 4WD on Northbourne yesterday, is that legal? There was no indication that it was under tow and I don't know if the brake lights and indicators were working.

Providing the lights on the towed vehicle were working, i can't see an issue with it. It is the same combination of axle types as on a dog trailer. I have seen this done many many times on my travels around the country so i assume it is legal. Can't say it would do wonders for the drivertrain of the towed 4WD.

Saw one not long ago that was towing a trailer that the 4WD was on and then a small aluminium boat was above that. It also had a very nifty stone gaurd as part of the trailer.

p_stampy

This was on twitter this morning, not sure if its ACTION buses though:

915am:  666canberra
Traffic: Bus broken down in Limestone Ave, heading east before Merici College in between Angus and Cowper streets. Traffic slow to Dickson

955am:  666canberra
Traffic: Car and bus collision southbound on Hindmarsh Drive, near the Tuggeranong Pkway, holding up traffic

Snorzac

Yesterday I sighted a Denning coach in a livery of White with Green and Orange stripes and it had a DBL logo on it. I am unable to find this on BA fleetlists, anyone know how long they have had it for/where it is based?

CNG

I am not sure if this is true so don't take it as gospel, however I saw 944 doing the school bus run 546 which is a belco run, so maybe it is a belco bus now but probably it was just covering

Sir

In transit graphics today, picked up some really good paper models(including action and sydney buses). How ever in the little diecast self they had the new adiliade buses and more sydney and action models. Non were for sale, all were COMING SOON.

Buzz Killington

Sir

Sir Pompously

While on the subject of Transit Graphics, take a look at this page for their cardboard buses and notice picture 3, the caption says it is a Scania but it is infact an Irisbus http://www.models.transitgraphics.com.au/transport/

The Love Guru

Quote from: Sir Pompously on November 01, 2010, 11:48:26 PM
While on the subject of Transit Graphics, take a look at this page for their cardboard buses and notice picture 3, the caption says it is a Scania but it is infact an Irisbus http://www.models.transitgraphics.com.au/transport/

It can't be an Iris, it's not leaning.

Sir Pompously

'with every model irisbus comes a towtruck, opening engine flap and confused miniature action employees for added realism, for every model Dennis dart comes a firetruck'.

CNG

Bus 400

Is anyone able to tell me what diversion Belconnen Way services took this morning & how late it made buses?

Buzz Killington

belcodriver

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 02, 2010, 07:10:55 PM
Is anyone able to tell me what diversion Belconnen Way services took this morning & how late it made buses?

North on GDE, turnaround at Ginninderra Dr, South on GDE, back to Belconnen. Except for 10s which were told to go right on GDE, William Hovell, ?

Not sure how late it made them.

400:D

I saw a Scania do the Redex Kingston bound with the destination School Bus.

Sorry to double post but I've noticed the new Red Rapid signage go up but the 727 timetables etc still there.

Busnerd

Probably because the new network doesn't start til monday and they dont want to put the wrong times up

Bus 400

Quote from: 400:D on November 18, 2010, 05:26:22 PM
I'm curious why there are 2 exactly the same [School bus] routes with different numbers

I asked ACTION this a few years back, their response was something about some runs being serviced by Tuggeranong depot in the morning & Belconnen depot in the afternoon. Which doesn't make sense as this same system occurs for the Xpresso runs & both depots do every run in Canberra. But I would love for the numbers to be the same as it would make catching a school bus easier for young students.

Barry Drive

It's ACTION / ACT Government policy for every School Route to have its own number even if the AM and PM routes are identical. This helps avoid confusion, it is claimed.

Quote from: MyWay on November 20, 2010, 12:25:48 PM
It's ACTION / ACT Government policy for every School Route to have its own number even if the AM and PM routes are identical. This helps avoid confusion, it is claimed.

*facepalm* There are 2 people I know who thought the 727 route whole thing had been deleted or wiped out or whatever instead of just renamed and extended, well actually 3, just that I know of. So having different route numbers for identical routes is the stupidest idea ever and I'm including buying .3's and flexibus rotes.

Bus 400

I am wondering if anyone can tell what the diversions are for buses with road closures around Barton Interchange & Foreshore?

smitho

Quote from: Bus 400 on November 27, 2010, 08:13:45 PM
I am wondering if anyone can tell what the diversions are for buses with road closures around Barton Interchange & Foreshore?
Around Barton Interchange southbound this weekend:-
National Crt
L Kings Ave
R Macquarie
R Bligh
(Wasn't necessary this morning ...and probably not this afternoon either - appears wet weather put a dampner on things).

belcodriver

The diversions around part of National Cct weren't for Foreshore but because a tower crane was being erected on a site between Kings and Brisbane Avenues. It was finished on Saturday.