General Discussion 2010

Started by Barry Drive, January 13, 2010, 01:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry Drive

What do you mean by a "right off"? Try using a dictionary for once in your life.

Bus 400

In a few days the CT's photo's of the bus crash in Wanniassa should be visible at http://www.bicaprolab.com.au/ct_photosales/order/ct_index.php

There may be a few different (better) angles.

Before the Scania involved in the accident was to be considered a WRITE off, there are a few steps involved including an investigation by the Police, which could lead to the Coroner viewing the bus. Then the Government Insurers would need to access the bus. While the damage to the front of bus looks severe (to me anyway). It would depend on how the bus part underneath the shell are built & as such are damaged.

Sir Pompously

Buses with worse damage have been rebuilt/repaired. It is all about numbers, what would cost more (Rebuilding/repairing or buying a new one). Aslong as the chassis is fine, then it will either be in the workshops or out at Customs after all the investigations have been completed. But, we will not know the outcome until we either see it, or don't see it back out on the road.

CNG

Quote from: MyWay on July 19, 2010, 09:16:50 PM
What do you mean by a "right off"? Try using a dictionary for once in your life.
sorry I meant write off.

Busnerd

Why would it be, it will probably just need a new front, simple...If ACTION don't have enough parts then they can order an Evo 2 Front from Customs, they may also need a new dash

Snorzac

It was actually 351, damage looked limited to the front end, if anyone has access to the news report on the incident we may be able to see the damage in depth.

Bidgee

I doubt it will be a write off, but will be off the road for a few months.

Remember the bus (ex m/o 8331 now 1813 MO) in Sydney which had worse damage then 351? It was given a new front in just six months.

CNG

will it possibly have a different front? simmilar to the MAN's

Busnerd

If you bothered to read my post...

CNG

The Love Guru

From the photo you can see it has creased the panel near the front wheel arch, meaning there could be some possible serious frame damage. I have only seen this happen a couple of times in my years of driving.

p_stampy

Well, by seeing what was left of the car, it wasn't a just a gentle side swipe.... wait n see.

Buzz Killington

319 ran out of steam heading up Athllon Dr between Kambah and Torrens this afternoon. Spotted it on the side of the road with its engine door open and hazards flashing.

CNG

I was just interested in regards to floater drivers do  they do both full time and partime shifts or are there partime floaters who only do partime shifts and fulltime floaters who only do fulltime shifts ?

smitho

Part time floaters do both part time and full time shifts while full time floaters expect to do full time shifts.

CNG

I was just interested in relation to part time shifts, are there any partime shifts that are not spilt and operate just for half a day i.e. in the morning or the afternoon.

Bus 400

Spotted Bus 866 with a new fuel cap & a sticker near the fuel cap that was about B20 Soy diesel being used on this bus.

Buzz Killington

Quote from: Bus 400 on August 18, 2010, 06:04:57 PM
Spotted Bus 866 with a new fuel cap & a sticker near the fuel cap that was about B20 Soy diesel being used on this bus.

Interesting.. Anyone able to get a photo or further info?

Snorzac

I think there was a post made about that a few weeks ago. If not, BUS 866/868 possibly 867 are trialling B20 Soy Diesel, that's about all I have heard

belcodriver

Quote from: CNG on August 18, 2010, 05:52:22 PM
I was just interested in relation to part time shifts, are there any partime shifts that are not spilt and operate just for half a day i.e. in the morning or the afternoon.

Yes. At Belco there are about 40 straight part time shifts and 50 split.

smitho

The Tuggeranong part-time Redex shifts are not split, and a proportion of the school term and school holiday part time shifts are not split.

NOTE: Non-split shifts are called 'straight shifts'.

Bus 400

Belconnen Depot is getting in nice & early with the rego sticker changeovers with Bus 412 sporting a nice green rego sticker.

Also noticing that some of the 39* Belconnen MAN's are now missing their Redex rear ad & without the "ACTION Going Your Way" logo they look quite bare.

Snorzac

ALL of the 39* series buses at Belconnen had their REDEX ads removed a fortnight ago.

CNG

Quote from: smitho on August 20, 2010, 09:10:58 PM
The Tuggeranong part-time Redex shifts are not split, and a proportion of the school term and school holiday part time shifts are not split.

NOTE: Non-split shifts are called 'straight shifts'.

I was interested would the drivers get a meal break still

Bus 400

It looks like another roof panel on the City Interchange shelters was damaged, with part of Platform 4 shelter being knocked out today. Now because this shelter is near earth works going on out the front of the My Way Transit Centre is could of been the contractors that damaged the panel & not another bus.

Barry Drive

Quote from: Metrobus on August 18, 2010, 08:54:18 PM
I think there was a post made about that a few weeks ago. If not, BUS 866/868 possibly 867 are trialling B20 Soy Diesel, that's about all I have heard.
Not 867. There is no public info on either the ACTION or the ACT Government web sites about this. There may also be two Tuggeranong buses using Soy Diesel, but which ones has not been confirmed (although 903 is not one).

CNG

Also I think bus 872 might be a tuggers depot bus, as early this morning I saw this bus being operated by a tuggers bassed driver on a tuggeranong shift.

Bus 400

I am wondering if anyone can tell me when/why some seats have new upholstery in Bus 129?

Snorzac

They have been like this for ages and there has been discussion on this before. When these buses were converted to standard configuration they place a different type of seat in it. 113 is similar, but as it has been observed they are of lesser quality.

The Love Guru

I think they are vogel seats and they are by far the best passegner seat in the fleet.

CNG

Quote from: Metrobus on August 26, 2010, 07:55:01 PM
They have been like this for ages and there has been discussion on this before. When these buses were converted to standard configuration they place a different type of seat in it. 113 is similar, but as it has been observed they are of lesser quality.

Why did action convert all the .3's to standard configurations, the .3a's I believe should have been left as disable/ easy access buses.

Barry Drive

Bus 400

Today, while on a TOD Shuttle, I spotted an old bus stop pad on McCoy Circuit, ACTON.

smitho

That's the one between the Academy of Science ('Shine Dome') and the NFSA?? I vaguely recall that being in use many years ago.

Another one I pass every day is the Hotel Kurrajong stop pad - had to use it several months ago to drop off a Redex passenger who'd intended to get off @ Barton Interchange, but had forgotten to ring the bell.

CNG

I was interested in regards to shift card stamps, what do pr100.3 and MAN ones look like.

The Love Guru

The .3 ones say PR100.3

Don't have MAN stamps

CNG

so the redex shifts just std

The Love Guru

Yes, it just says MAN where it normally says std

p_stampy

Someone on my twitter just put up:

Another ACTION planning #fail

http://twitpic.com/2kcgkk

CNG

I was just interested, on some driver shifts I have noticed they say Duties as directed, what dose this mean and what type of duties dose this entitle?

smitho

"Duties as directed" can be anything at all, including "just wait around in case you're needed"...same as a 'Spare'.

p_stampy

Not sure if anyone else has this person following them on twitter, but "http://twitter.com/CauserieCBR" has a forum here: http://www.causerie.com.au/

I haven't looked too deep, but there is a thread about buses if anyones interested in joining in...

Sir

On the ACTION Bus model by Transit Graphics can the door open?

Ed

QuoteOn the ACTION Bus model by Transit Graphics can the door open?

No

Bus 400

It may be in preparation for Network 2010, but the stuck on piece of metal that lists the routes for that Platform has been removed from Platform 9 at City Interchange. Either that or someone has reintroduced Routes 30, 31, 32 & 38.

Bus 400

After hearing the horn on Bus 464 for the first time (I was in a bus near the roundabout on Cameron Avenue & Bus 464 was just entering Platform 4), would I be right in saying that the horn in the steer tag's is louder then on the Renaults (the answer is obvious on the other green buses)?

Bus 400

To add to the story of Bus 351, a few drivers now have told me that the chassis is twisted/bent & won't re-enter service ever. But mechanical bits will be used on the other Scania's. But as far as I am aware, the bus can't be touched until after the Coroners Court is done.

*I know about the Coroners Court as I'm currently dealing with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snorzac

Last i heard it was waiting for a repair quote

The Love Guru

Quote from: Bus 400 on September 24, 2010, 12:42:02 PM
To add to the story of Bus 351, a few drivers now have told me that the chassis is twisted/bent & won't re-enter service ever. But mechanical bits will be used on the other Scania's. But as far as I am aware, the bus can't be touched until after the Coroners Court is done.

*I know about the Coroners Court as I'm currently dealing with them.

Not quite BUS400, the bus couldn't be touched until the police had finished their forensic examination of the bus, which was completed a few weeks ago. 351 has been at B depot since.

As for the insurance quote, that would only be for the other parties insurer as ACTION is self insured. There is also virtually no chance of it being written off as the replaement cost would be in excess of half a million dollars. They could replace the chassis rails cheaper than that.

Bus 400

Who/what decides what times the buses leave at when new timetables are created? So does ACTION tell the Hastus program that the Route 62S must leave at 32 minutes past the hour in off- peak. Or does the Hastus program work all of that. I have wondered this for a while, but in just about every Network the Route 62N & 62S have been timed so they cross a stop away from my stop (that includes when the intervals were at 40 minutes).